Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

The Falcon differences......TFA Falcon was just the Starboard side built, so they CG'd in the rest,...we know they've built the whole ship for TLJ,...so here's a comparison of roughly the same angle

View attachment 744763

J

What the hell has Rey put in the front/top between the mandibles, a giant block of cheese? i like her but id give her a slap on the arse for that .. and whys the Radar dish now sticking up on one of Chewie's giant hair rollers? This is madness i tell you and i wont stand for it.... get me the Death Star (mk4) were gona blow this **** up! Blow this **** up we will and thats my final word on the matter!

Is Chewie Roasting the new penguins in the front of the ship? :D

In fact, the Falcon looks so different one might surmise that it's not a completed shot. It was from a BTS video after all...

In fact, the Falcon looks so different one might surmise that it's not a completed shot. It was from a BTS video after all...

Agreed. Though it seems like it would be a lot of wasted effort to detail the ship that much just to be replaced later by a CGI model, let's hope that that is exactly what they did – i.e., they built a detailed, but wildly out of proportion, set solely for purposes of lighting reference with the intention of replacing it later.

Good God, let's hope.

M

Agreed. Though it seems like it would be a lot of wasted effort to detail the ship that much just to be replaced later by a CGI model, let's hope that that is exactly what they did – i.e., they built a detailed, but wildly out of proportion, set solely for purposes of lighting reference with the intention of replacing it later.

It does seem like a waste - can't argue with that. Maybe it's intended for close-ups and just looks weird in the bts wide shot. I wonder how this MF compares to what was built for TESB...

Of all the shots in the trailer, this is the one that made me get truly, emotionally, excited.

Finn was our Avatar for TFA... the guy going "what's happening here?! who's that?! Where do we need to go?!"

Looks like he's taken a step up... or I hope he is.

the one that got me pumped was kylo blocking with the cross guard. and Luke doing the lion king stance

I doubt it's anything to be concerned about because it's probably only going to be a 2 second shot and even if it's longer it likely won't be a full shot and only seen in close ups.

Gwen, from the BTS vid: "It has a real spiritual depth to it".

Good. Star Wars is supposed to have spiritual depth.
Getting good vibes.
I feel like the SWIQ is strong with this one.

It appears clear this movie will be different. And in that sense, I'm glad it's not a clone (see what I did there!) of the OT, like TFA so egregiously was. But a vibe I'm getting when hearing some of these comments from the cast, like Mark and Daisy, about how "different" the film is...is, well, giving me pause, and making me wonder, will it deviate TOO much from Star Wars. The comments, and the tone with which they're delivered, tend to make me feel like they're trying to say something positive about the film, but can only really muster words about how "different" and "unexpected" it is.

God, I hope you're right--that the SWIQ is strong with this one.

I doubt it's anything to be concerned about because [the shot of Chewie by the fire underneath the Falcon is] probably only going to be a 2 second shot and even if it's longer it likely won't be a full shot and only seen in close ups.

I don't get this, at all. Why is Chewie sitting outside by a fire? If he's cold, just go in the ship. Did he get locked out? Has Rey disappeared into the woods with the keys? You'd think he could jimmy a window or somethin'.

And I really doubt Chewie would build a fire right underneath the mandible. He'd definitely move it out a few feet away from the ship. I mean, unless rain was in the forecast. But then again, why not just chill inside??

I've got a bad feeling about this.

The Wook

I'm still hoping, but when the only cool "designs" are based on old McQuarrie paintings (A-Wing and X-Wing), then I'm worried. That Falcon looks like someone just modeled it after the Hasbro version. Hopefully that's a placeholder or animatic or something.

Thats it! The title of the not Han Solo movie: 'Star Wars the wrong movie'

I thought it was the other thing Wook said

han_solo__a_star_wars_story___logo_2_by_mrsteiners-d993dcp.png

Sorry....back to TLJ

J

Last edited:
So I've been kicking around what the connection might be between Luke, his original blue lightsaber and Rey. This is all based on stuff we already know from TFA so I don't think it's too spoilery.

Traditionally in old movies, someone marooned on an island at sea would build a giant fire along the shore in the hopes that some passing ship or airplane might see it. But if you're Luke, stuck on an island on an uninhabited planet— let's say his ship was damaged beyond repair once he arrived — you need a Star Wars version of smoke signals. But in order to protect the thing you came there for (the temple), you don't want to be rescued by just anyone, like say the bad guys. You want to attract the attention of a potential ally.

So maybe Luke spent those years learning how to harness the Force to send out strong, focused messages to... and this is where it gets iffy... his old, blue lightsaber which acts like an amplifier, picking up the Force signals from its old master and sending them out to any other Force users nearby operating on his same wave length... which in this case happens to be Rey.

Of course, that doesn't explain why Maz has the saber in her castle. Or why it's sitting in Obi-wan Kenobi's old chest from Tatooine. But I like the general idea in theory — that it took years of concentrated effort for him to reach out across the galaxy using nothing but the Force to reach a like-minded Force user. The problem is that the specifics get so messy that I just don't know how they would explain it in the next chapter without sounding absurd.

Too far fetched?

Last edited:
@KhalDrogo In TFA it is not the same chest as in ANH. It's much smaller and looks entirely different.
@Dem Bones I don't think Luke is stuck there and trying to leave. I think he is trying not to be found but the Force has other plans for him and Rey and the lightsaber are the means through which the Force makes its will manifest.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back