Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications

Eureka! D-ring found in the wild... I think it's a pretty good match!

Chaim's vintage d-ring on the shroud... found d-ring on the right...

Another picture of Roy's 1st run shroud and D-ring in comparison with the new ring...

IMG_4234.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4233.JPG
    IMG_4233.JPG
    828.5 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
vader_10.png

Parks vader lightsaber.
Accuratized body (shortened)
Wannawanga steel shroud with paint and natural rust
Removed clamp lever.
Rebelscum bubble with slothfurnace board
Just to find black accurate bars to replace these ones, if someone has black bars and want to trade, I can shorten these ones to make accurate ANH version, because the customer wants a ESB version for this saber.

I am working on another steel shroud for my genuine mpp lightsaber.
I may be looking for a genuine MPP axis with damaged or missing lever, not to damage my actual perfect lever.
I may also be thinking about selling or better, trading my genuine accurate 1 step shroud, because I won't need it for my ESB lightsaber, but with perfect lever, it would be ok for a ANH vader version made from a genuine MPP.

So what reference shows the ANH with silver sidebars? it seems the clearest shots from ANH show the black.

https://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/18/93/47/07/vader_10.png

Parks vader lightsaber.
Accuratized body (shortened)
Wannawanga steel shroud with paint and natural rust
Removed clamp lever.
Rebelscum bubble with slothfurnace board
Just to find black accurate bars to replace these ones, if someone has black bars and want to trade, I can shorten these ones to make accurate ANH version, because the customer wants a ESB version for this saber.

I am working on another steel shroud for my genuine mpp lightsaber.
I may be looking for a genuine MPP axis with damaged or missing lever, not to damage my actual perfect lever.
I may also be thinking about selling or better, trading my genuine accurate 1 step shroud, because I won't need it for my ESB lightsaber, but with perfect lever, it would be ok for a ANH vader version made from a genuine MPP.

Congrats Patrice, that looks amazing!

Looks great! How did you go about shortening the body?

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Hm ... well if I were a propmaker on a budget ... and everybody was waiting on set for the MPP based lightsaber ... I would paint the sidebars black ... or if really in a hurry I would just use a black sharpie marker ... and when it returns then paint the sidebars black :)

Chaïm

Aha, ok. Can you describe how you managed to get the chips in the paint? And what do you mean with an acid process?

the chips, I just...chiped the paint aha.
painting, then I remove the paint where I don't want some paint.
Acid process, is using nitric acid, then you wait and you get color.

View attachment 737162

Here is my vader with modified wannawanga shroud (shortened, sanded, painted and weathered)
I finally removed the clamp lever.

if someone needs real MPP parts, I will be able to sell a clamp lever, a shroud (waiting for Chris reply first), a plaque, and I think I have a bulb holder somewhere wrong version, not sure it's complete also, also selling a already trimmed activation plate made from genuine exactra.

Damn, my ANH lightsaber is genuine MPP with the correct portholes, correct end cap and correct straight cut silver sidebars....however it has the 2 step shroud.
It would be great to finally complete this saber with a genuine 1 step shroud after 16 years.

Let me know if youre willing to sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a reminder that this is not a sales thread so please remember if you have something that you want to sell you need to start a thread in the Junkyard. Thanks.

A last picture of my genuine MPP with last configuration.
I finally put a modified wannawanga steel shroud, and wannawanga grips, with weathering and damages on both.
The bubble is blue board version, original one of course.
blue wire comes from a adaptor that was inside the hilt, to use a 9v battery instead of 3 D cells.
Brown from a old fridge, other, I don't remember.

IMG150.pnG

Excellent saber, Patrice! I hope to do something similar when I get my Roman MPPs. Kudos!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back