World's 1st Ever Movie Accurate Iron Man MK7 Motorized Arm Rocket w/ IR Laser!!!

pRoJectEarth7

Hey everyone,

I have seen many motorized arm rocket system for Iron Man MK7 but none shows an accurate representation of the one in the movie/toys.
Attached are the reference photos.

Is the motorized hinge system for this possible or only exist in CGI?

e873d0d8594069d82ad5cd5f229e785c.jpga31a136529a766ddc665578fe144f9dc.jpgIron-Man-Mark-VII-Stealth-Mode-Version-Sixth-Scale-Figure-with-arm-attachment.jpgmidas3.jpgtctUH.jpgavengers-movie-screencaps.com-13305.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Iron Man MK7 Arm Rocket Hinge Mechanism... Is it Possible or only in CGI?

search for the Hacksmith on youtube. They did/are doing it right now. including working missile!

search for the Hacksmith on youtube. They did/are doing it right now. including working missile!

Thanks man... but I saw that already a couple of weeks ago and it was not an MK7 arm rocket... in fact I don't know what exact Iron Man model the arm rocket they made... I guess they are not particular on the accuracy but more on the functionality.

Now I particularly choose MK7 model since the hinge mechanism is very intricate looking and somehow defy the law of mass conservation... well of course not in CGI where in anything is possible.

Thanks man... but I saw that already a couple of weeks ago and it was not an MK7 arm rocket... in fact I don't know what exact Iron Man model the arm rocket they made... I guess they are not particular on the accuracy but more on the functionality.

Now I particularly choose MK7 model since the hinge mechanism is very intricate looking and somehow defy the law of mass conservation... well of course not in CGI where in anything is possible.

Hacksmith made the Mk 3, I believe. (it pops up and splits, like the Mk3) But from what I can see when looking closer, it looks like it's pure CGI fantasy. Or, maybe not, but it'd be tough to have it extend that much, and it wouldn't necessarily look like the CG model.

I'm actually working on it right now, the parts are in the middle of being prepped and painted right now. Once I have those done, I'll post a new thread up here. It's totally possible and easier than you would think. Also what I did to the forearm was split the piece in half and add hinges to that as well so it's easier to get my arm in and out.

Here is our take on the MK7 arm rocket motorized hinge mechanism... the closest accuracy we've came up so far as based from the movie and toy photo references...

Video to follow shortly ;)

The intricate design of the hinge mechanism is what really makes it hard to do... so a lot of designing/redesigning... a lot of trials and errors made just to make the accurate MK7 arm rocket hinge mechanism a possibility where in it only exist in the CG world initially until now...

By the way, the whole thing is made from EVA Foam except for the hinge mechanism/rocket, and the flexible ribbed part on the wrist and near elbow.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Keep your eyes peeled for the video coming shortly ;):thumbsup

IMG_20161115_144406.jpgIMG_20161115_144606.jpgIMG_20161115_144918.jpgIMG_20161115_144928.jpgIMG_20161115_144940.jpg

Last edited:
I'm actually working on it right now, the parts are in the middle of being prepped and painted right now. Once I have those done, I'll post a new thread up here. It's totally possible and easier than you would think. Also what I did to the forearm was split the piece in half and add hinges to that as well so it's easier to get my arm in and out.

Interested to see what you came up with... ;):thumbsup

Bloody Brilliant! Well done! I love the compound hinge you have in there.

Thanks man... you're one of a kind... you're the only one who commented and appreciate...
Now that makes you the World's 1st person to appreciate the world's 1st ever movie accurate Iron Man MK7 Motorized Arm rocket w/ IR Laser... LOL:D

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back