Blue 5 MPC X-Wing

StevenBills

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey everyone, I've been loving the forum and all the great info contained in here. Over the past few weeks I finally broke out the old MPC X-Wing kit that's been laying around for years, and decided to have a go at it. And since I know that the X-Wing color is greatly debated here, I'll just say that I painted it with Model Masters Camouflage Gray, which I think looks pretty decent. This is my first model in years, so it's not the best in terms of craftsmanship, but it sure was a lot of fun!

Take a look at the photos and let me know what you think!

Front1.jpg
Wing Detail2.jpg
Side Detail1.jpg
Right Side2.jpg
Panel Lines2.jpg
Panel Lines1.jpg
Left Side1.jpg
Behind_Top1.jpg
Engine Detail1.jpg
Yellow Cannon1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Steven

Thanks! I really liked how the camo gray turned out. I thinned it at about 50/50 and then did 2 or 3 coats so it covered well.

I think it looks great! I painted my 1:48 Finemolds X-Wing white, but by the time I finnished weathering it up it looks gray.

The old MPC kit still builds up pretty good.....bring's back lots of good memories:)

Robert

Don't worry about purists, it's your model, build it the way you want. It's also nice to see another "it's not a Red 5" X-Wing! Looks great!

I'm no expert, but that blue aspect is awesome!!

It blends with R2 and is so different from the standard red.

Was that blue X Wing color ever in the movies?....I like it!;)

The x wings were all going to be blue, until they realized it would be affected by the blue screen photography. Photos exist of Blue 1, which later became Red 2.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I didn't know there were so many blue X-Wings in the works! And I agree, even though the MPC kit isn't the best thing in the world, it still builds up pretty nicely. This was originally meant to be the "experiment" X-Wing for when I build my 1/48 Fine Molds. Maybe I should make that blue as well? Maybe a Blue Squadron will populate my desk eventually...

SB

Not bad work, the paint work is ok, a good first step. The weathering needs work, looks a bit rough and not balanced. All in all a nice job, good work that you are clearly able to grow from and improve upon. This is a very good effort, I am excited to see more from you.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back