ASM2 (Female) / Webpack

SqueekinOrka

Hi everyone!

It seems my love for spidey has came back after a long time. Was a huge Spidey fan since the first Sam Rami movie and I have gotten it back since watching the new ASM 2 movie. I've always wanted to have a spidey costume.

I'm thinking of maybe getting the suit commissioned if possible. Most of the pictures I've seen are dresses and not the actual suit. I've seen 1 spandex/zentai suit. Maybe with some work I could maybe make it look half decent.

I would be looking for the costume below but more movie quality such as having a texture like brick or honeycomb pattern and different eyes.
View attachment 324386

I'm just trying to get some direction on to where to go/get started. If any fellow spidey fans have any advice it would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Edit: Will be modifying ASM2 suit for female. May tackle the Riley suit later as I become more experinced.

Last edited:
Re: Spider-Girl questions/looking for direction

Still doing some research for the suit and have been trying to modify the ASM 2 into a female version. But not getting to far as my program I'm using doesn't open the layered version so I'm trying to edit the JPEG. Keeps slowing down and crashing so I'm not getting far at all.

I brought a few things today and so I may start on something that maybe easier and simpler and that's to have a go at making on of spidey's webbed backpacks.

I may make a start on that if not today then tomorrow. I'll be sure to post pictures.

Working from the ASM2 design is probably the hard way to go about things.

The Spider-Girl suit is based on Ben Reilly's Spider-Man suit, so working from that pattern would be better.

Maybe you could transfer the male pattern across to a female muscle base?

Working from the ASM2 design is probably the hard way to go about things.

The Spider-Girl suit is based on Ben Reilly's Spider-Man suit, so working from that pattern would be better.

Maybe you could transfer the male pattern across to a female muscle base?

Yeah I think I have to agree with you there about the ASM2 suit I'm certainly feeling like I have bitten of more than I can chew.

Yeah that maybe the way to go or I was considering the ASM2 suit, switching from male to female muscle base. That suit grows on me more and more. :)

Zentai-zentai has a Ben Reilly spidersuit that isn't a stolen print file.

Zentai-zentai has a Ben Reilly spidersuit that isn't a stolen print file.

Even if that specific suit they sell isn't from a stolen file, why would you want to support them knowing that they do sell suits using stolen files?

Thanks guys. Yeah I've seen that suit and not overly struck on it. But thank you though for the links.

I think for now not having much experience with this sort of build I'm going to modify the ASM2 suit and make it a female version. Modifying Kenlandrums ASM 2 into SG's Riley suit may of been to ambitious. Perhaps later down the line I can try again as I become more familiar with this type of costume.

Webpack

Design
View attachment 325081

Base
View attachment 325082

Made two holes just above the rim opposite for the strap.
Using the bowl method: http://www.therpf.com/f78/spiderman-web-backpack-135253/

Progress
Goals of the Day: Getting the base and creating a nice web.

Creating the web

This can be done with the entire length of the elastic. As I was making the test piece I cut it down to 2 pieces of the same length. I then folded them in half , cutting the loop of the fold that then gave me 4 seperate pieces.Glue both ends then simply twisting the elastic while pulling it slightly so the strands are tight gives a a nice web strand. I started to add dots of glue to help it hold the shape but I didn't like how it looked. So I started to cover the whole thing with a thin layer of hot glue. It holds the shape, flexible and also has a gloss.

Here's a few pictures of the test webbing.
View attachment 325048

View attachment 325075
View attachment 325076

I will be making a lot of web and then wrapping the entire bowl (Plate lids for the microwave that you put over your food. $4 Walmart) and strap.

Made another web and tacked the elastic cord to see how it looks. Trying to get an idea of how 2 different sizes look. Get the whole thing covered and then try add some detail.

The elastic will need to be pulled tight, just getting the visual to see if it works.

View attachment 325616

Close up of the web
View attachment 325617
Close up of the web along with hot glue web pattern. felt like being creative as I was gluing lol. If done better could add to the effect.
View attachment 325619

I wasn't taking the most care as it will be completely covered.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back