T.O. fanexpo 2013 - who's going?

Re: T.O. fanexpo - who's going?

Hmm. I'll have to figure out what I'm doing, whether I can handle 2 days.

My brother and I will be attending all four days, as well as our small posse of friends, all as Marvel characters.

I hope we spot you there! We might have a couple of Marvel characters among our friends (I'm doing a female Wolverine costume one day) and it would be nice to see some compatriots! Who should I be looking for?

I hope we spot you there! We might have a couple of Marvel characters among our friends (I'm doing a female Wolverine costume one day) and it would be nice to see some compatriots! Who should I be looking for?

I'm working on Beta Ray Bill for thurs-saturday, Union Jack will be my relaxed sunday costume. Two of my female friends are joining me as Sif and Valkyrie. My brother is working on Avengers movie Captain America and will likely fall back on his WW2 leather jacket Cap on sunday.

What other characters are in your group? I'd love to link up with a Thor or other Marvel Cosmics and do a presentation at the masquerade.

I'm working on Beta Ray Bill for thurs-saturday, Union Jack will be my relaxed sunday costume. Two of my female friends are joining me as Sif and Valkyrie. My brother is working on Avengers movie Captain America and will likely fall back on his WW2 leather jacket Cap on sunday.

What other characters are in your group? I'd love to link up with a Thor or other Marvel Cosmics and do a presentation at the masquerade.

I'm really keen to see your costumes, especially Beta Ray Bill. How are you doing the face? Have you got a build thread on here?

I'm not 100% sure what everyone else is doing - they're procrastinating so much about actually choosing a character that I'm not actually sure anyone will have their costumes done by then. :p I'll poke them a bit this weekend to see what's going on, because it's *way* more fun cosplaying with a group! My husband occasionally has bursts of excitement about doing a male version of Lady Deathstrike but he's had the fabric for the costume for about three weeks now and it's still in the bag, sigh. We definitely don't have a Thor or anyone else like that, unfortunately, and I don't think any of us are planning to do the Masquerade. I have stage fright, so it's not high on my list of things to do! :p

I'm also not quite sure what days people are planning the Marvel characters for. We're doing DC characters one day (as you can see from the Green Arrow in my userpic!), and probably Firefly characters too, since a friend has an Inara costume that she'd like to wear for a photo op with the actress. We'll probably decide when we get a better idea of what the schedule is like. But the Wolverine costume is very comfortable, so I might wear it for a couple of days.

I'm really keen to see your costumes, especially Beta Ray Bill. How are you doing the face? Have you got a build thread on here?

I'm not 100% sure what everyone else is doing - they're procrastinating so much about actually choosing a character that I'm not actually sure anyone will have their costumes done by then. :p I'll poke them a bit this weekend to see what's going on, because it's *way* more fun cosplaying with a group! My husband occasionally has bursts of excitement about doing a male version of Lady Deathstrike but he's had the fabric for the costume for about three weeks now and it's still in the bag, sigh. We definitely don't have a Thor or anyone else like that, unfortunately, and I don't think any of us are planning to do the Masquerade. I have stage fright, so it's not high on my list of things to do! :p

I'm also not quite sure what days people are planning the Marvel characters for. We're doing DC characters one day (as you can see from the Green Arrow in my userpic!), and probably Firefly characters too, since a friend has an Inara costume that she'd like to wear for a photo op with the actress. We'll probably decide when we get a better idea of what the schedule is like. But the Wolverine costume is very comfortable, so I might wear it for a couple of days.

I am taking lots of pics as I go but no, I haven't done a build thread here because I'm a newb and some of the stuff guys post here is really staggering.

I am taking lots of pics as I go but no, I haven't done a build thread here because I'm a newb and some of the stuff guys post here is really staggering.

OMG I totally understand! My fumbling attempts are *nothing* to some of the stuff that's been posted here, lol! But I am learning, and maybe someday I'll have something decent to post! :)

OMG I totally understand! My fumbling attempts are *nothing* to some of the stuff that's been posted here, lol! But I am learning, and maybe someday I'll have something decent to post! :)

The worst thing you can do is be intimidated by some of the masters here. Remember, everyone started with a crappy birdhouse in shop class. :lol

You'll find that you will get great feedback and improve much quicker if you share. Loads of people more than happy to help you here!

The worst thing you can do is be intimidated by some of the masters here. Remember, everyone started with a crappy birdhouse in shop class. :lol

You'll find that you will get great feedback and improve much quicker if you share. Loads of people more than happy to help you here!

I'm learning a ton here! And I am commenting/posting if I need help. I just don't feel like I have anything good enough to show off yet, lol!

I'm learning a ton here! And I am commenting/posting if I need help. I just don't feel like I have anything good enough to show off yet, lol!

Don't think of it as a "show off" thread. That's the issue with a lot of builds I think. Think of it as documenting your growth. Other new members benefit from seeing your mistakes and accomplishments more than you think! A build thread is no good without a bunch of mistakes and hand crafted innovations. :)

Definetely going, the ubiworkshop guys are excited to meet me, so I'll have to wear my Desmond outfit and bring the Apple of Eden.

I was wondering about getting some RPF logo decals made up, but i dont know if that would fly with the mods. If were all equiped with phones, im sure we can coordinate a meeting spot.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back