V feature film

Desilu... Kenneth Johnson... I keep seeing this and think it I've gone back in time.

I'm mixed on it. V was a great parable for both the French resistance in World War 2 as well as the Reagan era re-Ignited Cold War. The original came out when I was in second grade and it terrified me. By the time The Final Battle came on I was a huge fan. V was up there with Star Wars when I was a kid.

The same spirit applied to todays sociopolitical scene could make for something really cool... but I thought that about the reboot series a few years ago and it was TERRIBLE and full of missed opportunities. Also, Kenneth Johnson wrote a reboot pilot in the lates 90s that would have been a delayed sequel. It was floating on the internet for awhile, and it was also terrible. So I'm apprehensive.

Interrested but yet another restart... I'd prefer if they would continue on the awesome TV series remake wich unfortunatly didn't get more than two seasons

Kenny has been working on this for so long, glad to see it is finally going to happen.

He has some great ideas on this

Could be great if done right. Unfortunately the last reboot wasnt. They had a great cast, but the writers seemed like they never even saw the original, and if they did, they definitely didn't understand half of it.

Interrested but yet another restart... I'd prefer if they would continue on the awesome TV series remake wich unfortunatly didn't get more than two seasons

I found a lot of those characters to be painful to watch. But then just before they cancelled it, they killed off the ones I hated the most!

Yeah the reboot was horrible a lot of people were very disapointed with it

Could be great if done right. Unfortunately the last reboot wasnt. They had a great cast, but the writers seemed like they never even saw the original, and if they did, they definitely didn't understand half of it.

I feel like the reboot had potential-- I liked the characters-- but the show had none of the subtlety, subtext, or patience the original had. They paced it like an action show, jumping right into CGI lizard action, where as the original was structured almost like a horror movie. That first time you saw the lizard eyes and a face got ripped off-- daaaaaaamn.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back