Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

I’ve still not received the extra parts A100 and nothing back to lots of messages! Ive just tried the deagostini’s forum and it’s not working it seems!!! Is the site down?

Hey Jordan ,

Yeah , it’s been down for a couple of weeks at least . I reported it to ModelSpace UK ( @Tomick ) awhile ago- they’re looking into it . Still no updates as to when it’ll be back , or even if . No reason as to the why either unfortunately .

Ged

Called DeagoUSA and was told a couple weeks; which means, “we don’t know,” I suspect.

Also got my #13 pack and was told #12 was on back order for another few weeks. Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just wondering: which Falcon 3D parts are considered ‘must-have’ upgrades for this kit? And why?

Cockpit cone and radar dish in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Didn’t see a radar dish on the website. I’ll have to look again.

So, new engines (they sure look cool) and fans would be secondary to an upgraded cone and dish? Thanks! All opinions welcome.

Didn’t see a radar dish on the website. I’ll have to look again.

So, new engines (they sure look cool) and fans would be secondary to an upgraded cone and dish? Thanks! All opinions welcome.

Well I'm looking at it from the point of view of bringing the Deagistini to the 32 inch studio model accuracy. The cockpit cone and dish are two areas that I felt Deag missed as far as accuracy. Don't get me wrong, I replaced the engine vents with the fan version on mine, but the 32 inch model didn't have those. The original was closer to the Deag version. So I guess it depends on what your going for.

Well I'm looking at it from the point of view of bringing the Deagistini to the 32 inch studio model accuracy. The cockpit cone and dish are two areas that I felt Deag missed as far as accuracy. Don't get me wrong, I replaced the engine vents with the fan version on mine, but the 32 inch model didn't have those. The original was closer to the Deag version. So I guess it depends on what your going for.

Ahhh. Well, I have a Bandai PG in the closet as well. Saving up a pile to hopefully enjoy model building again in retirement. And I can’t think of a more inspirational subject. So I’ll have 2 Falcons in the que. May last me the rest of my life, who knows?

Anyway, I guess I’m looking to build up the parts list to make each kit the best of what it’s aimed at - ESB or ANH, 32” or 5 footer.

With the proviso that if it’s really cool and doesn’t break anything too badly, you should do that too.

I got 100a on Feb 7th sent to my bill address not my shipping address, it came in a dvd size mailer. FYI if anyone else has a shipping address different from their billing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Cheers Ged,
will give it a go,
Has anyone got any other means of contact for falcon related 100A, it’s 6 months now and nothing/ plus sites down.

Hey Jordan ,

Yeah , it’s been down for a couple of weeks at least . I reported it to ModelSpace UK ( @Tomick ) awhile ago- they’re looking into it . Still no updates as to when it’ll be back , or even if . No reason as to the why either unfortunately .

Ged

That is what I am noodling out now. Think going for 32” accuracy sounds like a good plan for the Deago - given its scale. Need to decide if I’m willing to forego cool bits like the fans and engines in the pursuit of accuracy. Guess that depends on how close you really can get accuracy-wise without breaking the bank and/or losing your mind. :)

Got my 110a today!! They sent it to my old house but luckily the person that bought the house was super cool and brought it to my Studio for me. Now I can finish this damn thing lol. A37B48DD-82F2-403B-9C04-16ACDA0D67F6.jpeg

Awesome display case! Did you build it or did it just cost you a fortune? I would love to do mine like that, but will probably have to go the "Ikea coffee table" route.

It was an ikea coffee table that I modified and found a place 3hours away from where I live that made the display case at a reasonable cost but I had to drive 6hours to get it home. Totally worth it

@E3kehoe ,

Congrats on a terrific looking build and excellent display case / table (?) . Could you share what the transparent top and sides are made of ; tempered glass , acrylic , perspex ... etc ? , and if possible the name of the ikea table you used !

Thanks in advance ,

:cheersGed

Thanks Ged! The photo washed out a lot of the weathering though. The case is acrylic. Had it made by TAP Plastics in Portland took about 3 days from the time I called to the time I picked it up. I could have gotten a more expensive one but I have kids and knew that there would be a lil where in tear seeing as it’s a table so I went the route of being able to replace it if need be.
The table I had for years and don’t know what model it was sorry ,it was white that I redid with a hammered black spay paint. The hard part was finding the right mirror. After looking all over I found one that was a bathroom mirror at Lows on Clarence but had to take it out of the wood frame. A little liquid nails and done. The table sits a lil high so I’m going to cut the legs down about 3 inches some time soon. It honestly was a lot of MacGyvering and just kinda winging it but I’m happy with the result.

To those of you that have done the Falcon's landing gear with the guitar strings to simulate pipes and hoses, may I ask what size/make of strings did you use? I went to my local music shops but they only carry strings that are packed in cardboard packaging that make it hard to see how thick they actually are. If I know the type then it might be easier to just tell a sales assistant what I want. Did you use electric or acoustic guitar strings? Would bass guitar strings be too thick?

Thanks in advance!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back