Solo: A Star Wars Story

Yeah that is the one bit that is odd although I think NBC is happy to hammer a $5M check from Disney.
It hasn't devolved that far just yet. Networks still take ad money from movies... even if they're owned by competing businesses (in this case, NBC is owned by Comcast who also owns Universal... and Disney/ABC). Will there come a time when these mega-corporations refuse to air ads for competition no matter what the media? HeckifIknow.

(To throw another wrench into it all, Universal Television, besides make television content for their sister-company NBC, also makes shows for Fox and Netflix).

You played the if/than opposite game with my words.

Saying "the “I just want the best actor for the role” defense that only gets said when the part in question doesn’t go to a white dude" does not automatically mean I am saying you are racist if you ever say this. Maybe I shouldn't have used the word "only," that probably made it seem more definitive than I meant it to be... but this is how debates seem to go in the modern era.

This mindset of, if one does not agree, they must support the exact opposite, or if you aren't a believer of X you MUST be a believer of Y is what people seem to be conditioned to respond to.

Just because the "best actor for the job" defense comes up as a strawman argument from people who don't want to admit they are racist or sexist, does not automatically mean anyone who says that is a racist/sexist in a different context.

If you're not that person, why suddenly act offended just to imply I said something I didn't?

You made a statement. You didn't make any clarification. That's why I asked if that was really what you meant. The statement implies someone would be racist if they made the comment your wrote. There's nothing before or after that. I'm not offended, it's just a completely stupid construct that there are secret phrases (dog whistles) that only people who constantly see race in everything can interpret. It's bunk and a certain part of the country is trying to foist this crap onto us. That's what I would find offensive. I will admit that I added homophobic/misogynistic while your statement was only race.

Whatever back to the thread topic.

You made a statement. You didn't make any clarification. That's why I asked if that was really what you meant. The statement implies someone would be racist if they made the comment your wrote. There's nothing before or after that. I'm not offended, it's just a completely stupid construct that there are secret phrases (dog whistles) that only people who constantly see race in everything can interpret. It's bunk and a certain part of the country is trying to foist this crap onto us. That's what I would find offensive. I will admit that I added homophobic/misogynistic while your statement was only race.

Whatever back to the thread topic.

If you can own doing that I can again certainly own not being as clear as I could have been. No harm, no foul, my apologies if it seemed I was getting hot unde the collar.

As per Making Star Wars Solo is getting a :45 second spot sometime in the 2nd Quarter or maybe the second spot from the start. That's a $7.5M commitment to a film they are trying to bury and delay until December? Doesn't seem to fit that narrative.

Attachments

• IMG_0159.JPG
    IMG_0159.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Finally, the promotion campaign that has been held back to "not step on the toes" of a movie thats been playing to empty theatres for two weeks begins today. Wow.

Finally, the promotion campaign that has been held back to "not step on the toes" of a movie thats been playing to empty theatres for two weeks begins today. Wow.

Actually $2.2M this Friday through Sunday estimates.

- - - Updated - - -

"Force Link 2.0"? Does that mean, you are "forced" to buy another to hear the figures talk?

My son has some of the ForceLink figures. It's a wrist band that when you put a figure up to it that is enabled for the feature it will repeat lines of dialogue. It's a little clunky in the execution.

He's a bit more specificity for when this may air.
'Solo: A Star Wars Story' trailer:- :45 seconds- Second commercial break-- First commercial to run- Kick-off is set for 6:30 EST.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's a bit more specificity for when this may air.
'Solo: A Star Wars Story' trailer:- :45 seconds- Second commercial break-- First commercial to run- Kick-off is set for 6:30 EST.
Yeah, that's what I was guessing from that picture you posted.
2=2nd commercial break, A=1st spot

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a wrist band
I know (I'm an avid collector; last week I was able to grab a C'ai Threnalli figure IN GERMANY that popped up on the German Toys'R'Us site for only a few hours; very cool design :cool ). The "2.0" caught my attention; is it just something to name the wave or do you have to buy another FL wrist band to make the figs talk. Hum. I guess we'll find out soon. :)

Interesting... they didn't show us much. I like what I saw, but they didn't really show us much of Han. I like the used feeling, I like Han going in to join the Imperial... hopefully tomorrow looks as solid as this did.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back