Solo: A Star Wars Story

How does everyone else feel about all these trooper variants?

I’m tired of seeing all these different versions.. tank trooper, beach trooper... see I don’t even care to know their real names..

I guess I really can’t complain I never had a problem with snow of scout troopers... but mud and muck troopers...

Magnet boot troopers? .....rrrrrriiiight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, its starting to sound like the Megaman games with all the boss variations. Dust Man, Tomahawk Man, Sheep Man. etc....

Aside from the obvious merchandising, I guess there's also an aspect of a new trooper design representing a new and credible threat. If they kept using stormtroopers you'd know that every time they appeared that the heroes would be in no real danger. The death troopers in Rogue One, purely by being in a menacing new armour, conveyed a sense of threat throughout the film, even though by the end the all died the same way as a regular stormtrooper. Perhaps the same will apply here?

How does everyone else feel about all these trooper variants?

I’m tired of seeing all these different versions.. tank trooper, beach trooper... see I don’t even care to know their real names..

I guess I really can’t complain I never had a problem with snow of scout troopers... but mud and muck troopers...

Magnet boot troopers? .....rrrrrriiiight

Generic Fast food joint Trooper? :facepalm

Troopers are awesome and I'm always down for more. I didn't get the point of Shore Troopers, but we also got those incredible Death Troopers, so that's more than a fair trade. I'm not gaga about all the clone variants, but some are insanely cool--beehive helmet for the win. And let's not forget the TFA Flame Troopers baby!

You gotta take the bad with the good.

So if we have all of these relevant variant names like flame troopers, shore troopers, what does that say about storm troopers? Is their special ability being able to withstand moderate amounts of precipitation?

Someone posted the Highlands Trooper, last time this conversation happened.

HighlandsTrooper.jpg

I'm going into this movie with an open mind. However I hope Disney avoids the tradition of retrofitting actors into continuity, so that Alden isn't digitally inserted in place of Harrison Ford in the eventual remastered OT. Haha. No need to see both Hayden and Alden cosplay action in ROTJ.

Like we've said before they are just Stormtroopers with region specific equipment. The "Snowtroopers" aren't just sitting around waiting for them to attack a snowy planet.

Imperial Star Destroyer Relentless
Day 932 of deployment.
Snowtrooper detachment ready room 0600 hours
Snowtrooper1: I'm going to go nuts if we don't see some action.
ST2: I know it's been almost two years! Those regular Stormtroopers keep rubbing our noses in it every day! I can't take it!
Officer: Guys! Guys! Guess what!
ST1: No...way...
Officer: SNOW PLANET!

Troopers are awesome and I'm always down for more. I didn't get the point of Shore Troopers, but we also got those incredible Death Troopers, so that's more than a fair trade. I'm not gaga about all the clone variants, but some are insanely cool--beehive helmet for the win. And let's not forget the TFA Flame Troopers baby!

You gotta take the bad with the good.

I loved the death troopers, aren’t I a hypocrite lol

So I went to Dennys tonight. Didn't realize they got all the marketing stuff for Solo. The waitress had a cool looking Falcon shirt on.

There are only 2 reasons for ever eating at Denny's:
A: You've been kidnapped
B: You're a kidnapper

I'm going to give you the benefit of doubt and assume you've been kidnapped.
Just respond with "Denny's is delicious! I could eat here every day!" and I'll call the cops.
If you respond in any other way I'll be forced to assume that you're a kidnapper, and in that case I'm calling the cops.

There are only 2 reasons for ever eating at Denny's:
A: You've been kidnapped
B: You're a kidnapper

I'm going to give you the benefit of doubt and assume you've been kidnapped.
Just respond with "Denny's is delicious! I could eat here every day!" and I'll call the cops.
Yes, thats it, please help.
Actually, got paid today, went to the bank and Dennys is right by, so just went there to eat real quick...not that the service is really quick, but no one is hardly ever there. I don't hate Dennys, its just surely not the best.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back