Graflex clamp on Graflite body? Will it fit?

BlackThorne

Hi guys, I'm new here and as for every Star Wars fan, there comes the time to begin the quest to build your own lightsaber. So here I am :D.

I recently came to think that what made something look like a lightsaber to me was mainly the Graflex clamp! Every OT lightsaber has it (except Vaders, but it has a similar one) and it makes all the difference between looking like a big old flashlight and an iconic lightsaber.
So for my own lightsaber, I want to go for a variation of that classic look. Also since complete Graflex flashes are hard to get and very expensive, I'm planning to put a replica Graflex clamp on some other flash, like the much cheaper Graflite. I also want the saber to come apart in the middle and reveal the crystal and electronics, so the flash needs to be converted into two halves that fit the slots of the clamp.
I have seen people convert 2-cell Graflex flashes to 3-cell size by making a new bottom part and slotting it to fit the original clamp. So using the Graflex clamp as a connector is generally possible. What I don't know is, if the Graflite is the same diameter! Does anybody here know that? Or maybe other possible flashguns, that would fit?

Thanks in advance!

I don't think graflites are the same diameter...a bit smaller

We do know that De-Mornay Budd, Luston, maybe a few others like Zeiss 3 cells are 1.5 inches wide (for a graflex clamp). Heiland's might be too!

Graflex clamps hold the top/bottom halves together via small tabs inside the clamp. THe top/bottom have grooves that accept the tabs and then are turned to lock the peices together.The tabss must be bent out of position to slide over the graflite 1-piece case. I bought a graflite with a clamp attached this way many years ago.

Graflex clamp bottom mating.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies all! If I can't get my hands on a Graflite, I will try to find a De-Mornay Budd or Luston.
Lichtbringer: Danke, genau das wollte ich wissen ;).
Probe Droid: My plan is to cut the Graflite in half and recreate the grooves from the Graflex. Of course the top piece will look different from the Graflex but I will make it my own style :).

It will take a long time, but I will keep you guys posted. Hopefully I'm done before Episode VIII :D.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back