Another "ORIGINAL YODA" for sale Scam!!!

If you say so.

The only original I ever saw, just had Blue Screen for the "Screen"

Regardless, the one on the site, Looks just like the copies made. Im not saying it IS,...Im not saying it ISNT. Fact is, there are MANY copies out there.

I have no connection with anyone on the site and have never dealt with anyone on this post but jeeeesus guys, are we solely out to seek out "supposed" fakes then beat someone to death without fair trial?
Prop masters got caught out by someone - it happens, not entirely their fault but when advised , they sorted it, quickly and diligently.
All of a sudden there's a witchhunt on "fake props". All that's missing is the pitchforks and lit torches

I hate to say it guys ....... But all props are fakes :facepalm

I know some of you take this stuff pretty seriously , especially given the amount of money spent on such stuff, but innuendo can be just as damaging as direct accusation to a business, especially if unfounded or misdirected.

Give prop masters a break and get back to the ethos of the forum..... A bunch of people enjoying the art and creation of the movie and cosplay genre.

.......... And don't beat me up for using my God given right for saying so ........ please :D

Yeah, I gotta say I can see where Propmasters is coming from. There was one post here, before David even had chance to respond, that brought into question the validity of all the props he sells... if this one is fake, what about the rest of the stuff he sells kind of thing. Threats of legal action may have been premature, but I think he had every right to be a bit ticked off.

David dealt with the situation swiftly and to the satisfaction of all those involved... as far as I'm concerned, Propmasters' reputation is fully intact.

Last edited:
I have no connection with anyone on the site and have never dealt with anyone on this post but jeeeesus guys, are we solely out to seek out "supposed" fakes then beat someone to death without fair trial?
Prop masters got caught out by someone - it happens, not entirely their fault but when advised , they sorted it, quickly and diligently.
All of a sudden there's a witchhunt on "fake props". All that's missing is the pitchforks and lit torches

I hate to say it guys ....... But all props are fakes :facepalm

I know some of you take this stuff pretty seriously , especially given the amount of money spent on such stuff, but innuendo can be just as damaging as direct accusation to a business, especially if unfounded or misdirected.

Give prop masters a break and get back to the ethos of the forum..... A bunch of people enjoying the art and creation of the movie and cosplay genre.

.......... And don't beat me up for using my God given right for saying so ........ please :D

I thought everything here was done and dusted but in your wisdom you've decided to switch this into something else - Have you even read this thread properly?! This wasn't a witchhunt and you're using some pretty strong language there... I have no personal gripe with anyone... I believed from the start that David was the innocent victim having been mislead, himself (which can happen to anyone). All props are fake? What are you on about man? For a start we weren't on about a prop but a pull from an "Original" Yoda Freeborn Mould. The difference between fake prop and real prop is one is original and the other is a replica... simple :wacko

Yeah, I gotta say I can see where Propmasters is coming from. There was one post here, before David even had chance to respond, that brought into question the validity of all the props he sells... if this one is fake, what about the rest of the stuff he sells kind of thing. Threats of legal action may have been premature, but I think he had every right to be a bit ticked off.

David dealt with the situation swiftly and to the satisfaction of all those involved... as far as I'm concerned, Propmasters' reputation is fully intact.

I agree David had every right to be upset but its a case of something had to be done or nothing would had happened and everyone would have been totally ignorant to the truth! We're a props community and we have to look out for each other and help each other. I actually emailed David, to inform him about this thread so he knew from the start what was going on, so everything was above board. Chris came in and explained everything, so really I think I've done everyone a favour here :behave

One other point though... if, in the worse case, this company are banding around that this is an original, and they know its not.... then what else are they selling thats not screen used??? It asks a lot of questions of the credibility of them and their sources.:unsure

Maybe people were hung up on this but ignored this first \/ \/ \/

Simple really - I believe this company is acting in good faith that its original... But they are ignorant to the truth, basically. We just need Chris King to confirm its his old commissioned Yoda. But hey, any one who knows the sculpt will instantly see its nothing like the screen original :)

Two things... you're taking this out of context and into the wrong order. Obviously Trolling for trouble :thumbsdown

Way to completely miss my point. Did you not read what I wrote? It's even written for you. Step back take a second and let it sink in. People thought you were attacking Propmasters and I merely pointed out a possible reason why and and quoted you to show that you indeed weren't. I was supporting your stance and actions of how this was handled. Way to overreact. :thumbsup

Forgive me but you didn't exactly make your point very clear, but thank you for correcting me on that one up ;)

Cyber, just breath...

As for Validity or concern to "originals" vs fakes, and the integrity of business. There is a concern that we all have in this community, and the ETHOS of the site is not only to celebrate the making of art, but also the aquisition of those peices that come from the films, shows, games, comics and the imaginations that we love.

In the latter sense of comics, games, cartoons or the imaginary, we all hope to say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

But when it comes to TV or Film, we step back and take another approach and who would want to say that they would question an artifact from thier personal or professional collection, that when situations such as this thread will arise, and we look the other way because folks dont want to take the time or read, or instead they only read what they want to see a witchhunt?

No the ETHOS here is that this site, is the largest community of prop/costume makers and collectors in the world and to suggest that we do not have a sense of pride, preservation or due diligence when it comes to making sure that the rest of the community is presented with honorable and well deserved reputable sources.

As for items all being "fakes", this is a sore misrepresentation of the other part of this community, the proud collector, the one who takes great pride in having the original artwork from the original source, which is the direct topic of this thread. To suggest that we do anything LESS than make sure those sources are verified, are legitimate, are honorable and trustworthy in their own proof, would be to ask us not to at all care about honor or trust.

The title of the thread being a bit harsh, for sure, but if anyone actually read the posts here, you can see where both sides of this coin are presented.

The matter has been settled and the community is a smaller bit better for it.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back