"LeeLoo Dallas Multi-Pass" 5th Element build

IMG_20130910_140455_026.jpg IMG_20130910_140505_127.jpg

IMG_20130910_140508_856.jpg IMG_20130910_142251_541.jpg

I chucked some paint at it today after a few layers of filler and primer. Quite happy with the results for a mini project. I might redo the whole lot at a later date to address some of the mistakes but for now I'm pretty done... Well once the acrylic rod arrives. I'll probably make a mould at some point because moulds are cool so I might offer some on the JY if anyone would be intrested but it wouldn't be for a while yet.

Right then, I'm off to think of another mini project for the laser... or maybe the 3D printer...

Hi guys, as a trusty companion to the ever fabulous fabrik... I was tasked with creating a mold for the Multipass.
Given the design of this model is simplistic to a certain degree, I opted for a 2 part silicone flood mold. Because there is a pretty severe undercut where the ID Card would sit, I felt adding some silicone oil to the mix would lower the viscosity enough to allow the silicone to level out under the undercut without a devastating air bubble being caught in it.
As luck would have it, it captured it all near perfectly.
I've included an image of the first pull from the mold, which if I'm honest, I'm not completely happy with because I clamped the mold closed a little too much and caused the 'middle plate' to touch and caused a void in the cast.

This is still a work in progress for the casting part of the project, but as I'm going to be running a few of these would anyone be interested in buying a cast of this? As I said earlier, I work with fabrik and this is in no way a recasting scenario... It'd be pretty dumb to sell a recast on the original thread! :)

Would love to hear your thoughts guys.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395874355.074130.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back