Bandai release schedule

Hey, look on the bright side. That scale means you can do a diorama. I wouldn't be so down on the 1/144 scale. Japan doesn't make huge kits, so you're just gonna have to learn to be ok with that, or don't build Bandai Star Wars stuff. I want larger kits too, but what we've got so far is pretty awesome.

Hey, look on the bright side. That scale means you can do a diorama. I wouldn't be so down on the 1/144 scale. Japan doesn't make huge kits, so you're just gonna have to learn to be ok with that, or don't build Bandai Star Wars stuff. I want larger kits too, but what we've got so far is pretty awesome.

Yeah, I'll put it with my 1/48 scale Snowspeeder and my 1/48 scale AT-ST. It will look great. :lol

Details of the kit (google translation...):
"The bottom of the fuselage, the back is to restore the precise details.
- Dedicated snow table.
- movable Canon to reproduce the scene in the play, the side plate is removable.
- Attachment foot suspension parts, can reproduce the cylinder structure of the walking action."

- - - Updated - - -

It seems that the feet have some kind of suspension, like the real thing.

I posted earlier about loosing faith in Bandai with their focus on figures and and small vehicles.

I'll just leave that there.....

Completely agree. Nobody asked for a 1/144 AT-AT when there are dozens of toys in the same size.
This company is totally made up of idiots. Why pander to a market (Japan) that doesn't love Star Wars at all? Quite baffling and insulting, indeed.
I've lost all inch of faith I've had since the beginning but quite frankly, I had low expectations as they kept rehashing Fine Molds releases.

At least we still have Zvezda who'll give us what we want in the right size and Revell is coming in to release stateside. Karma is a bitch.

Hopefully this sends a message that'll get their heads out of their collective a$$es and stop insulting us like this but I'm not holding my breath any longer. Zvezda all the way for me from now on.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:
Well, I'm disappointed it isn't 1/48 scale, too. But it still looks quite good (accurate I mean...even the leg 'pistons' are positionable) so I may have to pick one up to help with my scratch build efforts.

R/ Robert

I'll take it

It will most likely be the most accurate AT-AT from a commercial kit

I'm betting their larger kits have not sold as well as the smaller 1/72 and 1/144 stuff

Maybe one day we will get them in 1/72 once they exhaust the pool of subjects

This company is totally made up of idiots. Why pander to a market (Japan) that doesn't love Star Wars at all? Quite baffling and insulting, indeed .

I too am disappointed in the small scale, I wanted 1/72, but calling Bandai idiots? Do you even understand their target market?

I started typing more about your...cultural awareness, but decided against it. I will just assume your just blowing off steam at not getting what you wanted.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'll take it

It will most likely be the most accurate AT-AT from a commercial kit

I'm betting their larger kits have not sold as well as the smaller 1/72 and 1/144 stuff

Maybe one day we will get them in 1/72 once they exhaust the pool of subjects

Meh. Sit back and watch Zvezda eat their cake and give none of it back.
Zvezda deserves the license much more, I've faith in them to release a large and accurate AT-AT and completely upstage Bandai's dwarf-sized junk.
Bandai may attempt to release their 1/48 AT-AT but by the time they're ready (and not after releasing an 1/350 AT-AT mini-kit!), Zvezda would've already eclipsed them entirely with a 1/35 offering.

just my 2 cents worth

Yep. A 144th scale Walker. Just like everyone has in his or her wish list.

Actually, it literally was...

Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 11.11.49 AM.png
(I keep a list of all the project ideas that come into my head and I start to obsess over. It helps me realize that I'm being ridiculous)

The F-toys version is too small, so I had been looking forward to what Dragon's looked like. That seems to have stalled out, so I was beginning to think this would be something I'd have to scratch build for proper scale.

Yeah, I wouldn't call Bandai idiots. They have given us more SW kits than any other company in history. They have all been insanely detailed (no matter the size) and reasonably priced. What more could you ask for? Bigger kits for me. Bandai for the most part has done what no other company dared to do. Their release schedule is crazy.
As much as I love my Zvezda SD I wouldn't hold my breath for a whole slew of SW offerings from them just yet. There has been no mention of them releasing other SW kits. The closest was that they would look into doing others depending on how well the SD sold.

I can't see anyone making a Tontine IV in that scale. 1/350 maybe, assuming any injection-molded manufacturer tackles a Tantive kit.

In the few years Bandai have been making these awesome models we have allready been lucky enough to get:

1/144 1/72 1/48 T-65 X-wing
1/144 1/72 T-70 X-wing - Inc Poe's
1/144 1/72 TIE FO - inc Special forces
1/144 1/72 TIE - inc Darths X1
1/144 1/72 Y-wing
Small & 1/144 Falcon
1/12 1/6 Storm Trooper
1/12 1/2 BB-8
Small Star Destroyer

Why would anyone not expect them to make us a Small AT-AT too? It makes total sense to me, big models require big investment, that has to come from somewhere, they will im sure target the most profitable models, especially where multiples are going to be bought like Stormtroopers first so they can re-invest, Bandai are a business. As much as id like them to make a 1/1700 Star Destroyer and a 1/48 AT-AT first, Im aware that really cool people have jobs and the company has overheads, i want them to grow as fast as possible and stay in business making new models for as long as possible, id like to still be buying new Bandai Star Wars Models in 10 years time.

Im sure we have Ep8 & 9 to come, plus Han Solo's Early years Film. Then Ep 10 -12 with im sure 2-3 more spin off films. All of these new Films require a lot of work before they can keep going back to the originals. Im amazed at Bandai's current high output of model kits and i also think this new small AT-AT is really cool, i dont want one i want 1/48, but im sure lots of modelers do want this and will make cool Dioramas with multiple AT-AT's with im sure a few 1/144 Snowspeeders in the future too. Also these tiny kits are massive in the hands of children, the future of this whole beautifully creative hobby of ours. They are so lucky, what an amazing way to start, with a Bandai AT-AT, those legs with suspension and Bandai's Molding technology, WOW. The futures bright indeed.

Historically and today other companies have made BIG Star Wars Models, i assume they are/were profitable, i dont see any reason why Bandai wouldnt do the same. Difference is Bandai's models will im sure be the best ever made and will sell forever.

Bandai = Awesome!

In the few years Bandai have been making these awesome models we have allready been lucky enough to get:

1/144 1/72 1/48 T-65 X-wing
1/144 1/72 T-70 X-wing - Inc Poe's
1/144 1/72 TIE FO - inc Special forces
1/144 1/72 TIE - inc Darths X1
1/144 1/72 Y-wing
Small & 1/144 Falcon
1/12 1/6 Storm Trooper
1/12 1/2 BB-8
Small Star Destroyer

Why would anyone not expect them to make us a Small AT-AT too? It makes total sense to me, big models require big investment, that has to come from somewhere, they will im sure target the most profitable models, especially where multiples are going to be bought like Stormtroopers first so they can re-invest, Bandai are a business. As much as id like them to make a 1/1700 Star Destroyer and a 1/48 AT-AT first, Im aware that really cool people have jobs and the company has overheads, i want them to grow as fast as possible and stay in business making new models for as long as possible, id like to still be buying new Bandai Star Wars Models in 10 years time.

Im sure we have Ep8 & 9 to come, plus Han Solo's Early years Film. Then Ep 10 -12 with im sure 2-3 more spin off films. All of these new Films require a lot of work before they can keep going back to the originals. Im amazed at Bandai's current high output of model kits and i also think this new small AT-AT is really cool, i dont want one i want 1/48, but im sure lots of modelers do want this and will make cool Dioramas with multiple AT-AT's with im sure a few 1/144 Snowspeeders in the future too. Also these tiny kits are massive in the hands of children, the future of this whole beautifully creative hobby of ours. They are so lucky, what an amazing way to start, with a Bandai AT-AT, those legs with suspension and Bandai's Molding technology, WOW. The futures bright indeed.

Historically and today other companies have made BIG Star Wars Models, i assume they are/were profitable, i dont see any reason why Bandai wouldnt do the same. Difference is Bandai's models will im sure be the best ever made and will sell forever.

Bandai = Awesome!

You can include a 1/72 A-Wing and 1/144 Slave 1 to the list though.

Chris

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back