Wolverine cosplay (hq style) - weesleii

Or you could fire up the program and do it yourself. Amazing the blatant sense of entitlement that goes on around here some days. In all honesty, him pulling in the file and stripping away all the unused portions WAS his creation. That Pep file doesn't exist otherwise anywhere else.

The file that does exist is of the entire rendered character of Wolverine, and you can just as easily open the file and strip it down. If you don't know how, there's tutorials.

On the misunderstanding, I'll wager that his first language is not English, most likely Portuguese, and things don't always translate well. Plus - he's already apologized for the mistake, so cut him some slack. It's not like he's a recaster or reprinter with a sales site raking in money off other people's work. He's a cosplayer looking to make a new costume.

Or you could fire up the program and do it yourself. Amazing the blatant sense of entitlement that goes on around here some days. In all honesty, him pulling in the file and stripping away all the unused portions WAS his creation. That Pep file doesn't exist otherwise anywhere else.

The file that does exist is of the entire rendered character of Wolverine, and you can just as easily open the file and strip it down. If you don't know how, there's tutorials.

On the misunderstanding, I'll wager that his first language is not English, most likely Portuguese, and things don't always translate well. Plus - he's already apologized for the mistake, so cut him some slack. It's not like he's a recaster or reprinter with a sales site raking in money off other people's work. He's a cosplayer looking to make a new costume.

well said.

Balmung thanks for the tip and the file!! Didn´t know how to erase the parts I don´t want!

weesleii hope you don´t mind that I share my photo here!!
Wolwerine.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

The reason I asked about the file being release is that the OP said he would. I have been playing around in pepakura with the file but to be honest I am crap at it. A big thing I like about this forum is the generosity of it's members.

weesleii, do you still plan to release the cowl file?

Of course I plan! but I'm just waiting 2 things: Try a more accuracy unfold, this one needed a lot of silicon to give some details,
and if is possible finish this costume first :)
really don't know what I'll got first, You can see, I'm with some routine problem's and can't dedicate myself all of I can for cosplay, modeling, etc...

Sharing the file would be a nice thing to do since it wasn't your work anyway.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I've already said I'll do it after finish all the cosplay man, :) and the file is not so acurated as I want yet. ^^

Yeah man, I'm Brazillian, I try to speak English the better I can, but on that day I was with some problems and just translated that on google to answer and try to apologize the faster I could, sorry for this "sin of language" lol

well said.

Agreed :p

@Balmung thanks for the tip and the file!! Didn´t know how to erase the parts I don´t want!

@weesleii hope you don´t mind that I share my photo here!!
View attachment 217490

Don't worry man, It looks so cool :D

The reason I asked about the file being release is that the OP said he would. I have been playing around in pepakura with the file but to be honest I am crap at it. A big thing I like about this forum is the generosity of it's members.

Man be a lil bit patient, Yes, I said and I'll release the files, just wanting to finish the cosplay first or make a more accuracy file, soon My routine will get normal again and I'll can dedicate again for this wonderful world.

Yeah-- So I offered a him a sub dye at a greatly reduced cost or payment for the file. Never did he say, well this is a unfold of someone's elses work.

I don't have the pm's anymore or I would post them here. But, shame on me I guess.

I ll take the hour to trim and unfold myself.

I am glad balmung did the right thing and say hey this is a rip- you can unfold it from here.

Yeah-- So I offered a him a sub dye at a greatly reduced cost or payment for the file. Never did he say, well this is a unfold of someone's elses work.

I don't have the pm's anymore or I would post them here. But, shame on me I guess.

I ll take the hour to trim and unfold myself.

I am glad balmung did the right thing and say hey this is a rip- you can unfold it from here.

Man, don't worry, it was just a big misunderstanding expression

AWESOME!

Anyone up for unfolding, I tried to unfold but total fail. =(

Soon man!, after finish hawkman (around 55% complete at this moment) , I'll try to finish wolv :D

@weesleii @bhodie thanks!!

weesleii, how are the claws coming out??

Man, I'm thinking on it yet... thought on a slide system like in Assassin's creed hidden blades, or rubber bands for do this, but I need to make a thicker prototype, and more resistent, that one worked well with rubber bands, but the velocity that they came out was so fast that the click are broken after some attempts, I'll make another prototype around this week, I'm with other works that are about mdf, so i'll cut everything in one time XD

Man, I'm thinking on it yet... thought on a slide system like in Assassin's creed hidden blades, or rubber bands for do this, but I need to make a thicker prototype, and more resistent, that one worked well with rubber bands, but the velocity that they came out was so fast that the click are broken after some attempts, I'll make another prototype around this week, I'm with other works that are about mdf, so i'll cut everything in one time XD

Good, hope to see some pictures soon!! XD

Thank you! I was thinking the exact same thing! Its amazing how since I started building about a year ago Ive met some of the nicest, most generous people ever...sincerely devoted to sharing their knowledge and spreading the craft...Its equally amazing how many people try to put someone down every chance they get. Most of us knew exactly what he meant by his "creation"... If we have to be so technical, then most of us cant claim credit for anything seeing as how all the Iron Man, Star Wars, Halo etc. came fron someone else's work..

could you explain the basics of how your claws work is it a double or single action maybe we can help eachother in getting it to work lol look forward to pregress

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back