Moebius 1:350 USS Franklin from Star Trek Announced

Entertainment Earth has a preorder page up for the U.S.S. Franklin. Seems to show some new box art? Some kind of art anyway.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MM975&gclid=CJbaj8TcqtQCFUI2gQodVO8BIQ

Ew. Don't really like the box or the way they're depicted the ship. The Franklin looks almost like a TOS Romulan BOP. If that is the final box art, it doesn't make me excited to get the model. At all.

MM975lg.jpg

MM975lg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is interesting that the site describes it as both a snap kit and a glue kit...

For me the box art makes it look more like the NX-01, but then again I already know what the subject is so the box art does not really factor into it much for me.

I'm pretty stoked, always cool to see new Trek models, though the trailer for Discovery was...blah. Probably Moebius only got the license for Discovery, since various other companies hold licenses to other Trek shows. Anyhoo, I'll be this will be a great model. I'll most likely buy it and dream of building it one day, only to be buried with it and my 47 other Feddie ships!

Good lord, former Trek ship expert shows is age and loss of Trek-passion by completely botching my comment. Shiporama is no more and I'm fired! ;) For some reason I was thinking this was the new ship. I blame the designers for lackluster rehashes. Yeah, that's it!

Monsters in Motion states this kit will be released on Feb. 28. There are also some new images as well as prototype, but not final, box art. Still cool.

18TMO01_Franklin.jpg

lmoes0975alt01.jpg

lmoes0975alt03.jpg

lmoes0975alt04.jpg

18TMO01_Franklin.jpg

lmoes0975alt01.jpg

lmoes0975alt03.jpg

lmoes0975alt04.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back