Build: Luke Macrobinoculars (ANH Hero)

In the thick of it. IMG_7323.JPG

Ah good somebody in the US has a supply so I'll post up the info for my UK supplier. I guess I cannot post a direct link to e bay, but if you type in "breconjess 8 pin housing " it should pull up the connectors he has got. If you look for it he has a second version with the right clip structure but the wrong housing.
Like I said its an easy way to make two out of one original if you find one.

They are covers only no internal parts to these! Although close they are not as good a match as the parts of SW ones I believe.

Yes I did point out it was the external metal shell only. But if you need multiple connectors and have not found ANY yet ( I found one in a week of looking) if you buy one of these shells you simply unscrew one side off it and one off the original when you get one and you potentially have an extra.
Afterall there only needs to be one side of the connector showing the original latch configuration to the outside of the macros. The other is against the wall of the Eumig servo, never to be seen.
Everybody wants all the original parts, but its proving a tough challenge to find so far, unless you want to spend a fortune on one of the actual things it is possibly attatched to or if somebody casts the other parts its a cheapish standby until then.
As regards the rivets being in the wrong place ,I've popped them to remove the two brass connecting latches on mine,then drilled two holes where the original has them and replaced the rivets . I also drilled then filed the square where the "original" connecting part should go and filled in the two holes where the original rivets were.
If I can find an original female part I might try to cast that but extend it into the shell and model around that.
I would preffer originals, but you guys in the States have a better chance of finding them than over here by the looks of things.
Out of interest is anyboby filing the the side that sits against the eumig flat, leaving it raised or leaving a bottom plate off all together?

It definitely sits better with the side off, but not sure they would have done that originally?

The Parts of Star Wars is now selling the (seemingly inaccurate) version of the male plug on their Facebook store. ]

Neither version found so far is 100% correct. I don’t consider one more correct than the other.
It’s just a brief item description.
We found a small supply of plugs when buying them for ourselves so we put them in the store.
They’re already half gone.

We’re still doing a lot of research on these ourselves. It’s a great discovery!
Wish there was a supplier for the female sockets. So far it seems we’re stuck pulling them out of old equipment. I’ve got one on the way.

Isn’t it funny that Jerry or Cameron’s resin parts looked so good when nobody knew what it actually was. Now the mad scurry to find another old part of Star Wars

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back