Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

We know they cast ANH sabers, because that's what was in R2. Someone on here who saw that happen said they included an "control box" and they would, if they cast the graflex clamp too. I think it was either one of the R2 sabers with an earlier paint job (maybe the resin "master for the R2 sabers) or a 3rd metal ANH stunt we have yet to see surface. Though it looks resin painted to me too.

although, the spotty paint job on the emitter looks rubbed off.
Screen Shot 2016-06-12 at 4.24.50 PM.png

maybe this was a straight-from-ANH stunt..
the brass windvane, and the tape on the neck..
Picture 46.png

I'm thinking this is a resin cast too but, unlike the R2 saber, kept the nipple (most likely because it didn't need to fit into R2). The graflex clamp and the rest of the body looked too uniform in color for me to think they were different metals and clearly it's painted. Case solved?

It's real. I have held it in my hands. It's a perfect match to the screen grabs. And when the owner wants better pics out there, he will make that happen. But it's his property and he's free to do what he wishes.

It's that simple :)

There are no doubts as to the authenticity of this piece. You need to go back to post #625 on page 25 of this thread and read on from there. But there you'll find this link, containing a video:
http://www.originalprop.com/blog/20...original-props-and-costumes-discussion-panel/

It's not that strange that we don't have better copies of these photos. The prop belongs to a private collector who can share (or not share) photos as he pleases. He's showed enough to prove its authenticity, with detailed comparison shots. I imagine these photos may get published someday, we just may have to wait a while. Then we'll be all, "Oooo, the color!" and "Ooo, the lever!" and "Ooo, the mystery chunk!"

- - - Updated - - -

I studied the mystery chunk too (with my eyes only, per his wishes) and hell if I know what it is. I have some theories though... nothing that has led anywhere.

For your viewing pleasure
Screen Shot 2016-06-12 at 4.24.50 PM.pngPicture 1.pngSharedorStuntCopy.png

check out the emitter paint jobs, and remember the neck of the barge saber has brass on the windvane and a thick black upper neck, maybe covered in tape. Maybe I'm crazy. Maybe not.

Attachments

• Picture 46.png
    Picture 46.png
    627.4 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
I still vote for the cast theory. Even in shade, the V2 wouldn't have been that dulled, not to mention all the Death Star 2 stuff done back in England that the V2 was in before heading to Yuma.

Blowing the image up, I don't think it can be the V2 because at this point, not only was the V2 all black, but the V2 had the mystery chunk and the transcriptor knob added, as well as maintaining the long lever, and in this photo, near the third pommel cube from the d-ring, we would've seen not just the mystery chunk, but the transcriptor knob as well. "They could've been removed", one might say but even if that were so, there'd still be a discernible hole where the chunk would've gone into, right above the pommel cube. This doesn't have that. However, if this were the Shared Stunt, the hole would be on the first pommel cube to the left of the d-ring, just out of sight from us.

IMO people who aren't willing to post pictures shouldn't speak about the authenticity of an item. I have no respect for such collectors (hoarders).

IMO people who aren't willing to post pictures shouldn't speak about the authenticity of an item. I have no respect for such collectors (hoarders).

You should educate yourself about who you speak. He founded the RPF, and authored a book with some of the best reference on Star Wars costumes that's ever been released. Hopefully a book about props will follow, but either way you aren't entitled to see his photos. He already shared them at Celebration which is more than many screen used collectors do.

Entitlement? That's a joke right? You've been here since 1999 so maybe you're new to the internet, but it doesn't matter who the person is. It's simply bad online etiquette. Period.

I don't have time for the silly "he said," "she said" and schoolyard games.

Well... when you plunk down $10k for a prop, I think you're 'entitled' to do whatever the hell you want or not want to do with it. He doesn't owe you, or I or any other message board monkey out there any courtesy at all if he chooses not to.

He's the guy at the stoplight with the Enzo... we're the jackasses with the Pintos revving our engines. He literally has nothing to prove.

Dammit, if I can't get out of this V2 bidness! Got caught up looking at photos of the "Stunt" family again and I may have to concede that the Sail Barge may yet be the V2.

It's very faint but I think I can make out what seems to be the mystery chunk and the paint chipping on the pommel, again, very faint, is reminiscent of the photo beneath it as its in a similar position. Dunno about the the cone knob though; it could very easily be there but obscured for "reasons" or it could not be there for "reasons".

rpf7.jpg

attachment.php

Dammit, maybe I don't have to redact anything! Maybe I'm tired and my eyes are trying to piece things together...Either way, I've had another brain wave!

This could be a Yuma minus blade with gaffer tape on the neck to only mimic the V2 for some continuity (It actually does look like the neck is longer than the V2, as well).The ring to his belt is too long to be a d-ring and it sits what could be right under the control box, and these Yuma's have been shown to carry a faux-side switch which would account for why the size of it doesn't match the V2 lever; or better yet, they slapped a clamp on the hilt! And some Yuma's have shown to have paint on them. Perhaps they were painted much more closely to the stunts than previously thought?

attachment.php

tumblr_lhar5la5Cf1qedqfdo1_400.jpg

Last edited:
Oh god, painting a Yuma to look like a V2....my head is spinning! (but thats not out of the ballpark of something they would do)

100% cant have put a graflex clamp on a Yuma, though, they're not thick enough.

we'll have to compare grip rings of the LFL pictures/V2 celebration pics to the dark/saturated barge photo

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back