Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet

IMG_5754.JPG

Just waiting in on my M1 helmet to come in later today. If I can get all my supplies I should be able to finish it up today

Helmet received. Only things I need are the rubber helmet band, cam for helmet strap, and an accurate color of the helmets shield hahah

IMG_5759.JPG

And done...kind of
IMG_5763.JPG
IMG_5764.JPG
IMG_5765.JPG

Still need better helmet bands, more weathering and better death sticks. Also, I like the red stripe on the deathstick box. Even though it's not accurate to the poster helmet, Ima add it anyways.

comments and suggestions welcome

** I did noticed the ring in the shield was suppose to be on the bottom hole, not the top. I fixed that and will update pictures after weathering and such**

I printed out some vinyl and cut it out for a stencil but I feel its a little too big this is 40 mm top to bottom. might make it 35 and see. Also need to dull down the colour its way too petrol and needs to be darker.
4tobig.jpg

Chris23 check your messages too mate.

I printed out some vinyl and cut it out for a stencil but I feel its a little too big this is 40 mm top to bottom. might make it 35 and see. Also need to dull down the colour its way too petrol and needs to be darker.
View attachment 740554

Chris23 check your messages too mate.

I tried the logo but my stencil sucked because the edges bled. It was pretty small. I think I figured it to be 1-1.25 inches high. can't quite remember just knew it was small.

i toned down the pertol with a lot of dark washes or gray, black brown to tone it down along with a matte craft sealer.

A few people have asked about a better torch, Im just printing out a test torch that will have a wire channel to hold the torch like the actual prop and one up from the prop I have got a cheap torch that I can slide inside the body so it will work. I have hidden the button on the 45deg low side against the fabric. Im aboutto print and test it now.

Any comments for improvement are welcome. I have noticed that some of the props have 10 ribs and others have 13. I stuck with 13. .
torch.png

Hey Chris23 for the blast shield color I used Model Master enamel in 'Blue Angel Blue' as a base. Although you could skip this part cause I thought this was the correct color but it was much too vibrant.

with that as my base I went over with some Rusto Satin Navy. Lastly, while using a wide brush I quickly painted the entire helmet with watered down black acrylic and the even more quickly wipe it all off. After about 2-3 coats the navy was pretty drowned out.

I like the color because in some of the screen shots the blast shield looks a navish color, other times it looks black. This color scheme kinda of replicates that look.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few people have asked about a better torch, Im just printing out a test torch that will have a wire channel to hold the torch like the actual prop and one up from the prop I have got a cheap torch that I can slide inside the body so it will work. I have hidden the button on the 45deg low side against the fabric. Im aboutto print and test it now.

Any comments for improvement are welcome. I have noticed that some of the props have 10 ribs and others have 13. I stuck with 13. .
View attachment 741485
o

when will these be available?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back