Show your custom Lightsabers!

Don't start collecting vintage bottle stoppers, Seth. Don't start collecting vintage bottle stoppers, Seth. Don't start collecting vintage bottle stoppers, Seth. Don't start collecting vintage bottle stoppers, Seth.

Don't start collecting vintage bottle stoppers, Seth. Don't start collecting vintage bottle stoppers, Seth. Don't start collecting vintage bottle stoppers, Seth. Don't start collecting vintage bottle stoppers, Seth.

With an impending writer's strike, you have to have something to fill your time.

I went looking to buy a replica MPP clamp and couldn't find one for what I wanted to pay. I had thought about making one myself but didn't really want to take that on until I saw a post from propmainiac that inspired me to go ahead and give it a shot. Shout out to propmainiac for doing a great job! thd9791 also gave me the idea of using use the lever off of a pressure relief valve. Mine isn't as pretty as propmainiac's but I thought it turned out alright. I still have a few more things I need to do to it, like finding something to use for the side bars, finding a better bolt go on the left side, possibly shortening the lever a little more, etc...

Here's a pic of that pressure relief valve. I took it off and used the pin that was securing it for my build. I had to file down the curve to the left of the pin. Filing that down more than the side that would be touching the clamp in the locked position made it so that the clamp was functional.
51S2j-yMi9L._SY355_.jpg

Here are the propmainiac build threads:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=240657&highlight=Made+MPP+clamp
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=224452&highlight=MPP+clamp+build

IMG_3180-1_zpsmrnm0ly8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_3183_zpsqr56ywkq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_3191_zps58cxhpmx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_3195_zpsxni4zb70.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

FullSizeRender_zpsgyalq97p.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the compliments! Your clamp looks great! I used 1/8 thick aluminum flat bar for the sidebars which worked perfect. I found it at Lowe's where the metal bin is. Great job. If I can help let me know.

If you didn't see them in my other post, here are three I made for myself and two friends for a recent Star Wars event. They weren't meant to replicate any on screen props or anything. They were supposed to be some cheap props we could bring with us. They only thing I bought were two switches for the LEDs. Most of it was junk I had in my junk pile. I made them in two weekends. Hope you like them. 19170477.jpg

So I went back and looked at this one...

bully.jpg

...and in thinking of all the OMG TOO BARE ON TOP comments my later sabers got, I finally found a use for the SpeedGraphic emitter I built for the fail-saber that I hated...

new_bullyA.jpg

new_bullyB.jpg

And while I was at it-- I dug up this new one which was a weathering experiment.... Another relic of sorts-- this one left out in the harsh desert planet of California!

buried_1.jpg
buried_2.jpg
buried_3.jpg
buried_4.jpg
buried_5.jpg

Dude, that's kicking it. Great emitter, grips, and overall look.

You know, I feel like it almost doesn't need the clamp. That grey bulb release reads as a control box, based on its position. How do you think it would look without the clamp and with longer grips?

Haha-- there's no way I can sit through re-doing those grips! Also, they aren't coming off...

I could lose the clamp maybe, but I kinda like the over-greebly look of it. It feels really industrial-- a bit archaic, but fancy at the same time. Kind of like what I wanted PT sabers to look like. The metal tones almost remind me of Mace Windu's saber. Maybe this is what he'd have had if the PT sabers hadn't been scratch made.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back