Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet

The helmet looks so much like a M1, the chinstraps even look like pre 1973 T1 chinstraps.

Im trying to figure out if the padding is throwing it off but it looks like the helmet is flat on the top. Most m1 helmets are almost perfectly round. Still hunting away

Im trying to figure out if the padding is throwing it off but it looks like the helmet is flat on the top. Most m1 helmets are almost perfectly round. Still hunting away

Now that you mention it, it appears that way to me too. Even the Lego helmet is flat at the top. I don't think the padding is thick enough to flatten it out as much as it is.

Tough to say if it is flat, or if the combination of the padding and the front armor piece change the profile. I've looked at my M1 helmet and it looks plausible.
DSCF0913.JPG

Now that you mention it, it appears that way to me too. Even the Lego helmet is flat at the top. I don't think the padding is thick enough to flatten it out as much as it is.

i actually started looking at motorcycle helmets, i believe they are called "half caps" but i didnt have much luck

Tough to say if it is flat, or if the combination of the padding and the front armor piece change the profile. I've looked at my M1 helmet and it looks plausible.
View attachment 670079

i think we are on to something with the M1, maybe try and find some knock off company that makes them. to me that red helmet still looks too round at the top

I'm seeing this shape
-b-Motorcycle-b-font-font-b-Helmet-b-font-WWII-Big.jpg

Throwing my 2 cents in for the M1 helmet.

Reading about the helmet, there was this picture of one with fabric over:
IMG_1966.JPG
The middle soldier's helmet looks pretty similar to the Rouge helmet

I think it would also make sense for the production to reuse helmets from previous war movies that are available to them. Rather than hunt for some new ones and waste their budget.

Throwing my 2 cents in for the M1 helmet.

Reading about the helmet, there was this picture of one with fabric over:
View attachment 670080
The middle soldier's helmet looks pretty similar to the Rouge helmet

I think it would also make sense for the production to reuse helmets from previous war movies that are available to them. Rather than hunt for some new ones and waste their budget.

bingo! you got it! thats exactly what i was looking for, great find!! i was thinking the padding on the R1 helmet made it look more flat, look how thin that fabric is on that M1 and what a different shape it makes

excellent find!

bingo! you got it! thats exactly what i was looking for, great find!! i was thinking the padding on the R1 helmet made it look more flat, look how thin that fabric is on that M1 and what a different shape it makes

excellent find!

So it IS the padding that makes the R1 helmet look flat?

I also second the M1, here is one with a Korean helmet cover that is similar in pattern to the helmet in R1, especially from the front it gives it a bit of a flatter look
m1 ROK.jpg
m1 ROK 2.jpg
also good for reference for making a pattern

Vietnam era to end of M1 production did have a lower profile dome than WW2 M1s. I'm kind of hoping it will end up being the M1, I have 8 that I need to do something with.

you dont happen to have any flat tops do ya? if so mind sharing some pics for comparison?!

- - - Updated - - -

I also second the M1, here is one with a Korean helmet cover that is similar in pattern to the helmet in R1, especially from the front it gives it a bit of a flatter look
View attachment 670084
View attachment 670085
also good for reference for making a pattern

OOOHHH! ITS GOTTA BE THE M1!! look at that!! even the rim looks correct!!

you dont happen to have any flat tops do ya? if so mind sharing some pics for comparison?!

- - - Updated - - -

OOOHHH! ITS GOTTA BE THE M1!! look at that!! even the rim looks correct!!

Awesome. Now we need to figure out if that is the cover they used, what the black visor thing is, identify the straps, and find what the ribbed sections are. I love new finds like this

Quick thing I just found. It looks like they used an original liner
Untitled drawing.pngCircle R1 .png

Last edited:
Awesome. Now we need to figure out if that is the cover they used, what the black visor thing is, identify the straps, and find what the ribbed sections are. I love new finds like this

Quick thing I just found. It looks like they used an original liner
View attachment 670088View attachment 670089

to me, by the color I assume it would have to be custom made. I've never seen a M1 cover that color. however I do believe that they used an original for inspiration, and that's why the "holes" are in the R1 cover

I threw together a rough sketch of the side and front of this thing to get a better understanding of the shape of the armor plating. I noticed that the rectangular cutouts on the forehead are only on the lefthand side, which makes me wonder if this whole piece isn't custom made. I've never seen a skateboard/action sports helmet with those cutouts only on one side...

IMG_4759.jpg

They're exactly like Vietnam movies. I definitely need to get one

Can definitely see that the 'armour' is contiguous and runs around the whole of the 'M1'.

Also can see that the right hand shoulder patch is the same style as those worn by Rebel troopers on Hoth - sorry the last is an observation not meant to derail the helmet focus.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back