Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

I tried to take a picture matching shot angle. Not exact, but close.
The lighting is not the same.
I see them pretty close!
Anyway, if there will be another run or replacement parts, i will be in for sure.

View attachment 732215

Beautiful shot Inigou!
I'm amazed at just how close Dan got to the original. Just brilliant work. I'm still so happy I was able to get in on his 2nd run. & IF you you do another 3 piece run (trying not to pester ya ;)), I'll happily join in on that one too.

If there is another run, I would only be in if Trent makes his awesome stencils. I mean I did stock up with the last order

Interesting... so it looks like the emitter is more similar to the original source BP than was originally thought....

IMG_3972.JPG

courtesy of Roy's blueprints, I did a little sketch of my 4 piece upgradable modular setup

88193596f9f67d559409a29841d3cf40.jpg

Instead of threading the ring section into the clamp/booster section. You could have it tolerance tight. Exactly how the pommel get locked into the booster with a set screw.

With the set screw hidden under the clamp you'll never see it

I still would wait to see if Brandon does come out with a prop book. But even then the 4 piece could even work for that as well. You could do different runs say for even v3 rings and v3 pommels, and adapter them over onto the modular V2

This is just a crazy idea rolling around in my skull with the rest of the rocks up there ;)

That looks pretty good to my eyes. Maybe the lip on the windvane could be a smidgen thicker. Also, you know that I'd be down for a more accurate 3 piece when the time comes.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Instead of threading the ring section into the clamp/booster section. You could have it tolerance tight. Exactly how the pommel get locked into the booster with a set screw.

I like the idea of the booster section being held on via set screw instead of threaded. That way you can control the alignment of things better. With threaded parts it's a craps shoot.

I'm sure many of us would jump on another V2 run if it were to happen, but I'd advocate for waiting longer too. No doubt more will be revealed one way or another, and the previous Starkiller runs are outstanding replicas anyway. In the meantime there's always the cast Shared Stunt run to look forward to. ;) ...And perhaps an ultimate Hero Luke? :love

So do you guys see any changes that need to be made on the clampcard? Other than the silver trace terminations having a domed appearance rather than flat, seems like the layout is very close.

And yes, the amount of green on the substrate and color of the gold changes greatly depending on lighting.

So do you guys see any changes that need to be made on the clampcard? Other than the silver trace terminations having a domed appearance rather than flat, seems like the layout is very close.

And yes, the amount of green on the substrate and color of the gold changes greatly depending on lighting.

Layout looks good, but I think the substrate colour isn't as yellowy green. I don't think it is lighting, maybe worth some experimentation. Is there any way to make the gold fingers out of a thicker layer of gold so they can be polished more effectively also?

If anything I'd say the gold and silver traces could be made thicker, rising off of the card I mean. They look more dimensional on the real thing. It's not like I'm sweating it though.

Not to poo-poo it outright, but I'm not for the modular V2 system. It's a good idea on its own right but for another and different kind of run. The modular system for Starkiller's V2 run kinda deflates the point of the replica in the first place: it being a facsimile of the original prop. If there's another run, keep it 3 pieces. The only 4-piece saber I'd been keen on is if the nipple was a separate piece, too.

Last edited:

It looks good to me. The silver traces just look like they have solder globbed on them to me.

Hi Dan.
Not my intention to criticize your work.
Just giving my point of view of what i think would be the correct tweaking to have a closer shape to the original.
Emitter a bit taller, neck part below windvane taller and upper neck part slightly shorter. Can be few milimeters but every mm counts when we go for that kind of accuracy.
Hope the graphic is be clear enough. The 2 pics on the right are tweaked by me. One have drawings to illustrate what i changed.
You can overlay in PS left (tweaked) and right (yours) to see the exact differences.

v2comparisoninigou.jpg

Last edited:
I think the windvane lip ridge could be just a smidge thicker but other than that, the rest looks pretty good. (Dan's original alterations, I mean)

Last edited:
I think a new stencil scheme will be needed as well. According to the photo comparison, the one from trooper trent seems to be no longer accurate.

Envoyé de mon PLK-L01 en utilisant Tapatalk

Guys, I've got some doubts about the knurled knob.
Everyone here believes that the knob is from a Transcriptor Turntable Motor (we can find some parts on Boba Fett's costume and Greedo's DT-12 as well).
Thanks to @morgan63 , I had the chance to get a genuine knob.
BUT, I'm making my model upon the pics that are available, and there are some inaccuracies.
First the knurling is clearly different.
Then, "I think" that the cone part should be higher...
What do you think ?
Am I mistaken ?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170514/b0a411049bf1a7a3b98759a8d25aa772.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170514/f4deb3dac179ec72260cd91a17949351.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170514/1eea76abfbdcff228bdb51a09c688ebc.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170514/4ad81f575cd75a8a90a77878194446cf.jpg

Is there a model available to print?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back