Parks Sabers

I have one that is waiting to be built.

My only issues with it are.

The buttons are metal and not plastic.

The beer tab is not straight.

The Kobolt ring is shiny and cheap looking.

The Clamp Card is silver not gold.

and,my biggest gripe is the glass eye, since its just all metal. Would of loved to have it be hollow(so you can add your own "glass") and use the same design as one of the buttons
(the threaded pin is hollowed)

Though swapping them out for replica parts is still cost effective vs how much Graflexs are going for now.

That being said.

I think every thing else is flawlessly machined. It is made in a way that is more secure and rigid than a real Graflex.

Most people do not like the rotj style grip,but I think it adds something to it , even tho I do not like the 7/8. (TCSS and VV are working on a 1" adapter for this. )

I was pleasantly surprised the level of detail of the clamp and the hole upper portion as well as the easy to install grips. ( I can only imagine what it would be like screwing up the drilling on a real Graflex)

It has its flaws but its easy to fix.

Agree, lots of pieces look cheap, but is somewhat convenient if you are making a FX saber.

Are these sabers kits or already made.
I believe my mind is made up and I don't care about the time it takes to get to me.
The site has very little to no information
if you click on parts, then Hilts, then mpp you see the picture but then that's all. Don't even know if it comes with anything with the hilt

I was looking at the mpp

Also, can you later add the electronics to make a working saber

Thanks in advance
kevin

Last edited:

and,my biggest gripe is the glass eye, since its just all metal. Would of loved to have it be hollow(so you can add your own "glass") and use the same design as one of the buttons

Though swapping them out for replica parts is still cost effective vs how much Graflexs are going for now.

That being said.

I think every thing else is flawlessly machined. It is made in a way that is more secure and rigid than a real Graflex.

Most people do not like the rotj style grip,but I think it adds something to it , even tho I do not like the 7/8. (TCSS and VV are working on a 1" adapter for this. )

I was pleasantly surprised the level of detail of the clamp and the hole upper portion as well as the easy to install grips. ( I can only imagine what it would be like screwing up the drilling on a real Graflex)

You forgot about the ears. They're about 1/8" too tall. :)

You forgot about the ears. They're about 1/8" too tall. :)

Yea its a bunch of things to correct,part of me just wants to build it with a DRyo chassis(altered and customized) and sell it, and then get JQ's 1:1 stainless steel Graflex. The perfectionist in me is itching.

I almost ordered something from him. I used to get stuff from Jeff as far back as 1996 when I was in college. We would chat briefly when he took my order and always found ways to make up for, it if an order was late even though I never made a big deal of it. I've been out of the prop scene for a while, but the, new movie rekindled my interest.
I Emailed 3 times and called once and left a message. I will not beg someone to take my money. I know he's a one man show, but if in 2 weeks you can't respond to an customer inquiry, you need to hire some help.

Dome shots of my Parks Graflex V1 I really can't wait for the MPP.

20160202_152108_zpstdjvxbgd.jpg
20160202_152100_zpsujn9ctpr.jpg
20160202_152125_zpsl6eluxor.jpg
20160202_152140_zpsuli9camt.jpg
20160202_154906_zpsvbcmqxs0.jpg
20160202_152209_zpsu9a2knso.jpg

Wolf

I placed an order for an ESB Graflex in March 2015... In May Jeff said he could no longer fill orders for the V1 Graflex but was developing a V2.0. I paid in full in June with an estimated delivery of Oct-Dec 15. I still have not received my hilt.

Jeff has responded to all my emails. Though it would sometime take weeks. Throughout the correspondence I provided an updated shipping address on three separate occasions (just one new address but I wanted to be sure he had it)... All prior to the expected delivery date. He sent it to my old address on Dec 14th but it was eventually returned to him.

He now said it will ship this week. He asked for my shipping address again even though it was in the email he was responding from.

I'm sure the hilt will be great, but I will never order from him again.

Check the runs, someone is doing a drop in replacement plastic button. Also, I agree about the card, I put Roys in and it made a world of difference.

For $195, this is still "the heat" as the youngsters say. I have a real Graflex on the way, as soon as I get it I am going to compare the glass eye vs the 2.0 and see if I can do a swap. So far my thoughts are to build a jig to hold the 2.0, use a drill press to drill out the existing piece then CA glue a glass watch lens (if I can find the right size.

If I mess it up, its definitely going to be an ESB. If it works, I may do a limited run. Send me the eye, Ill drill it and glue the lens in.

I agree with you on the rest.

That being said.

Check the runs, someone is doing a drop in replacement plastic button. Also, I agree about the card, I put Roys in and it made a world of difference.

For $195, this is still "the heat" as the youngsters say. I have a real Graflex on the way, as soon as I get it I am going to compare the glass eye vs the 2.0 and see if I can do a swap. So far my thoughts are to build a jig to hold the 2.0, use a drill press to drill out the existing piece then CA glue a glass watch lens (if I can find the right size.

If I mess it up, its definitely going to be an ESB. If it works, I may do a limited run. Send me the eye, Ill drill it and glue the lens in.

I agree with you on the rest.

Here's a quick comparison of the 4 glass eyes I have with photos from my build log

From left to right is : Original Graflex Eye, Parks V1 Eye, Korbanth 2.0 Eye and TCCS Eye

I filed down the V1 so that it would fit my blade adapter for it, but otherwise the V1 is an exact replica of the original with the spring and everything

Thanks Jax. Bummer, seems like the V1 was the better of the two.

I will see what I can do with putting a lens in, this will really help! I may start tomorrow now that I have good pics!

Here's a quick comparison of the 4 glass eyes I have with photos from my build log

http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy98/JaxAndTheMoon/DSC_0227_zps4guqkwck.jpg

http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy98/JaxAndTheMoon/DSC_0228_zpsxgbxr2gx.jpg

From left to right is : Original Graflex Eye, Parks V1 Eye, Korbanth 2.0 Eye and TCCS Eye

I filed down the V1 so that it would fit my blade adapter for it, but otherwise the V1 is an exact replica of the original with the spring and everything

The eye in the Parks V1 is plastic, not glass like in the original. Also, assuming the order is correct in your pic, TCSS eyes are now identical to the Korbanth Graflex 2.0 eyes,

The eye in the Parks V1 is plastic, not glass like in the original. Also, assuming the order is correct in your pic, TCSS eyes are now identical to the Korbanth Graflex 2.0 eyes,

The TCCS eye has an actual plastic piece to make it look more like a glass eye. The 2.0 is all metal and uses the curves to create the illusion of the glass eye

Ah. I was going by shape and the length of the threaded part. The TCSS one in that pic did not seem to match my TCSS one. I did not know that the Parks/Korbanth Graflex 2.0 version was all metal. Thanks for the info.

Ah. I was going by shape and the length of the threaded part. The TCSS one in that pic did not seem to match my TCSS one. I did not know that the Parks/Korbanth Graflex 2.0 version was all metal. Thanks for the info.

I forgot to add that I cut down the threading with my files on the TCCS eye for use of a different project! Sorry totally forgot to mention that, so it should be the same length as the 2.0

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back