Sony's Morbius the Living Vampire

Picard-no-facepalm.jpg
Sony...... I just can't.:facepalm

Though it could be less a Spiderman spin-off and rather a reintroduction to Blade. Not sure who owns the rights to that character at the moment.

Though it could be less a Spiderman spin-off and rather a reintroduction to Blade. Not sure who owns the rights to that character at the moment.

Marvel has the Blade film rights, but this is at Sony. Its a Spider-Man spinoff.

Marvel has the Blade film rights, but this is at Sony. Its a Spider-Man spinoff.
IF they use a spiderman character but dont put spiderman in it, does Sony still retain the movie rights, or can they revert back to Marvel? Seems like the only reason to put out these lame movies is to hang on to the rights.

IF they use a spiderman character but dont put spiderman in it, does Sony still retain the movie rights, or can they revert back to Marvel? Seems like the only reason to put out these lame movies is to hang on to the rights.

That is probably part of it but I'm thinking that another part of is that they know they can't make a Spiderman movie that would be even half as good as Homecoming, so why bother? Instead, they'll just make movies featuring characters from the greater Spidey-verse and hope that will work for them.

'Meh'...

The last glimpse of him in make-up (character) looked decent enough... but everything up until then was just 'meh' for me.

* in the trailers defense, I dont know much background on Morbius.. I think a couple comic books.. the the Spider-Man weekend morning cartoons! LOL

Last edited:
Damn, that reminds me I bought Venom when it hit streaming. Never even thought about sitting down and actually watching it.

TOOMES!

Looking forward to it. I enjoyed Venom, and as long as this one is still on the fun side, it's worth it to me. I likely won't see in in theaters, but that's really more of a comment on how un-fun going to the theater around here is, than on the movie (I'm a Marvel movie fan, and didn't even watch infinity war or endgame in theaters cause it wasn't worth the hassle to me).

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back