Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (Post-release)

What did you think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom?

• Total voters
Jurassic World 3

4060995816_50004b548e_z.jpg

I can't see the franchise doing another film unless they do the popular thing, a reboot.
Another film will have no where to go except to be a cross between Reign of Fire, Cloverfield and Terra Nova.

All of which would be boring as hell.

I can't see the franchise doing another film unless they do the popular thing, a reboot.
Another film will have no where to go except to be a cross between Reign of Fire, Cloverfield and Terra Nova.

All of which would be boring as hell.

Jurassic World 3 is already confirmed for 2021.

I'd be honest, I have great pleasure seeing ar**holes being eaten by dinosaurs. Jurassic Park has always had the plot of "things ****ing up", that's the whole point, it was never about discovering dinosaurs again, it is all about "not creating what you can't control".
And, clearly, Henry Wu never learns his lessons, **********.

Last edited:
Well, apparently you can do blood transfusion between a T-rex and a Velociraptor...:wacko

Well bare in mind, these are genetically engineered, and have cells of different type of animals, surely their blood isn't really pure to being with, but they are both theropods, so who knows.

I'd be honest, I have great pleasure seeing ar**holes being eaten by dinosaurs. Jurassic Park has always had the plot of "things ****ing up", that's the whole point, it was never about discovering dinosaurs again, it is all about "not creating what you can't control".
And, clearly, Henry Wu never learns his lessons, **********.
Yeah that would be rad, but I dont think there are enough dinosaurs to cause that much of a ruckus. I mean lets be real, I would imagine any type of tactical police force could take down most of these animals. They didnt even show how they captured the T rex, but the other dinos just took darts to the neck. (insert old school gif) However I would LOVE to see a "dinosaurs attack" movie that is a hard R gorefest like Kylash suggested. With a big hollywood budget!? Yes please. I bet the supreme monstrosity could look awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Overall I found it entertaining, but many of their choices just didn't make sense to me.

One thta sticks out ALOT to me is the flip of the script on both Claire and Owen's characters.

In JW, everyone around Claire--including Owen--was constantly remarking that Claire seemed not to view the dinos as actual animals. They all remarked upon her evident character: that they were assets, not animals. That was whom she was. It was Owen who seemed to have a bond with some of them.

Now in JWII, apparently in the 3 intervening years that both characters have spent off the island--with no contact with these beasts beyond barely escaping with their lives--suddenly Claire has turned into an Animal Rights Activist? It isn't that i don't think that people can change...but what brought about this change? what was the motivation for it?We weren't shown that at all. We weren't even given a reason for her change of heart beyond the fact that a volcano is suddenly going to kill them all. OK. But if that is supposed to be a universally understood and perfectly reasonable explanation for why a person decides to change their view and become an activist...why then didn't Owen want to save them as well? when asked if he was prepared to let them all die, he said "well.. yeah". The only thing that changed his mind was remembering his bond with Blue... but that's the point: we were SHOWN his connection with the dinos. It was established in the first film and also reinforced in this one with the vids of him raising the raptors.

We are given no explanation for why Claire suddenly decided that the most important thing in her life was going to be to save these creatures by any means necessary--and by hiring a bunch of teenagers to help her--when previously it was apparent to everyone around her that she didn't actually even consider them animals but only assets of the company.

Don't know about Owen. There was a pivotal scene in Jurassic World, where the herbivore that the I-Rex attacked and left for dead, dies in front of Claire's eyes. I think that was supposed to be a turning point for her. Been a while since I watched it though.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
It was terrifying, don't take the kids! This is the first Jurassic I'd definitely say is iffy for under 13. The little girl next to me was around Masie's age, about 9 or 10. She was buried in her mom's chest the entire time with the Indoraptor. TBH. I was buried in my seat sometimes. And I LOVE my scary movies. I honestly think it's better than JW in every way. It surpasses JW as my third favorite. It improves on a lot of areas I thought JW lacked in including tension, visuals, and sound design. I even thought that the dialogue was better written.

Overall I found it entertaining, but many of their choices just didn't make sense to me.

One thta sticks out ALOT to me is the flip of the script on both Claire and Owen's characters.

In JW, everyone around Claire--including Owen--was constantly remarking that Claire seemed not to view the dinos as actual animals. They all remarked upon her evident character: that they were assets, not animals. That was whom she was. It was Owen who seemed to have a bond with some of them.

Now in JWII, apparently in the 3 intervening years that both characters have spent off the island--with no contact with these beasts beyond barely escaping with their lives--suddenly Claire has turned into an Animal Rights Activist? It isn't that i don't think that people can change...but what brought about this change? what was the motivation for it?We weren't shown that at all. We weren't even given a reason for her change of heart beyond the fact that a volcano is suddenly going to kill them all. OK. But if that is supposed to be a universally understood and perfectly reasonable explanation for why a person decides to change their view and become an activist...why then didn't Owen want to save them as well? when asked if he was prepared to let them all die, he said "well.. yeah". The only thing that changed his mind was remembering his bond with Blue... but that's the point: we were SHOWN his connection with the dinos. It was established in the first film and also reinforced in this one with the vids of him raising the raptors.

We are given no explanation for why Claire suddenly decided that the most important thing in her life was going to be to save these creatures by any means necessary--and by hiring a bunch of teenagers to help her--when previously it was apparent to everyone around her that she didn't actually even consider them animals but only assets of the company.

To be honest, you can see she starts to change in Jurassic World I when she witnesses the death of a brachiosaurus

I thought the whole island escape and brachiosaurus thing as they left the island was sad, but my son didn't say much about that. I guess it depends on what your child can handle. My son is 7 and loved it. One of his quotes was "very funny," though I didn't entirely agree given some of what happens, hahah!

It definitely had some great creepy moments, but it was balanced well throughout in the action, humor, and tension. Overall I personally felt like it was more serious in the subject matter with moral issues and choices you make that you can't go back from as well.

I enioyed it a ton and am a sucker for these Jurassic movies. And Pratt is great as always.

Last edited:
So here's my take.
Jurassic Park: Amazing. Loved the characters, the story, the effects, etc. Still holds its value.

Jurassic Park 2, the Lost World: Utter garbage. Watched in once, haven't sat through it again.

Jurassic Park 3: Not worth the price of admission, in my opinion. Watched it on cable.

Jurassic World: Decent enough reboot, which I enjoyed.

Jurassic World, Fallen Kingdom:
Meh. I could have found a better way to kill a couple hours. It ran much along the same vein as The Lost World. Dinosaurs running loose on the mainland. I was hoping for certain lines to develop, but they never did, so it was fairly pointless to include them. It was, in a nutshell, highly predictable.

Don't know about Owen. There was a pivotal scene in Jurassic World, where the herbivore that the I-Rex attacked and left for dead, dies in front of Claire's eyes. I think that was supposed to be a turning point for her. Been a while since I watched it though.

Hmmm... you may be right about that. i don't recall it being reinforced with any additional dialog to that effect... but it's been a while for me too.

Dinosaucers! Totally one of my favorite shows growing up! Didn't even need to click the link to hear the theme!
ME too! I freaking loved that show, finally someone remastered it cause the othe one on youtube was of horrible quality. Thanks for the link niennumb1

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back