heavily Modified Tomenosuke Blade Runner blaster

I'm definitely glad I found this post. I'm getting a 2049 Assembly Kit delivered to me soon that I got for a fairly decent price (A little under $300 the original cost) that, while I can't work on for a while due to work popping up, is something I'm looking forward to digging my teeth into come November (That's when I get back :\)

Edit: For the results on your barrel, did you end up getting a steel barrel or a stainless steel?

Last edited:
Hi,

I planning to do the mod with the white cables on my Tomen Blaster.
But I cannot figure out where to insert the white cables into plastic magazine.

Did you just glue them on? Or did you have to drill a hole into the magazine back?

Also don't the cable create tension when you open the cylinder?

DSC_1544b.jpg

Many thanks.

I'm definitely glad I found this post. I'm getting a 2049 Assembly Kit delivered to me soon that I got for a fairly decent price (A little under $300 the original cost) that, while I can't work on for a while due to work popping up, is something I'm looking forward to digging my teeth into come November (That's when I get back :\)

Edit: For the results on your barrel, did you end up getting a steel barrel or a stainless steel?

Glad my post helps! I went with steel.

Right now they are pinched in the plastic magazine. However this is inaccurate and I will soon be modifying the cable setup. I'll document it and post here.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

I planning to do the mod with the white cables on my Tomen Blaster.
But I cannot figure out where to insert the white cables into plastic magazine.

Did you just glue them on? Or did you have to drill a hole into the magazine back?

Also don't the cable create tension when you open the cylinder?

View attachment 783463

Many thanks.

Right now they are pinched in the plastic magazine. However this is inaccurate and I will soon be modifying the cable setup. I'll document it and post here.

I am currently working on a Tomenosuke kit build for a friend and wanted to share some of the progress. I failed to document the putting together of the blaster but I'm gonna be taking as many pictures as possible from here on out.

Today I painted the gloss black parts and blued a lot of the small parts that required it. Next step, I'll be working with the receiver and then weathering for the WorldCon look. I've already installed a real scope knob and real binding post for added accuracy ( as if a Tomen needed it). Also on the list of mods, I will add the cables on the side.

Here she is right now. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Toman_build_01_1.jpg

Tomen_build_02_1.jpg

And here it is finalized and ready to go to its rightful owner, Mr. teecrooz !

I went ahead and added some of the was buildup on the grips, fiddled around with the weathering a bit more, and installed the four leads accurately ( two running out the front and the other two running down the inside. That last mod is a pretty aggressive one and I'm not sure I've seen any other Tomenosuke blasters with it. Oh and yes I did the same mods to mine as they were still missing.

Here are the final beauty shots before it ships out:

DSC_1943.jpg

DSC_1944.jpg

DSC_1945.jpg

DSC_1946.jpg

DSC_1948.jpg

And here is my personal Tomenosuke project so far:

DSC_1949.jpg

DSC_1950.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job with teecrooz's blaster man! got a few questions for you:

1: Have you considered doing a front-trigger accuracy upgrade? (AKA shaping a real K Frame trigger to fit in the front?) Kind of hard modification to do but was worth it.

2: What gauge wire did you use? My wires are looking a little thin.

Here's where mine is at. I've re-blued the front K-Frame trigger as well as done some bluing touch ups and some rust painting since this picture was taken. Can't thank you enough for the invaluable information you have in this thread, it has been a massive help!

PKD.jpg

Last edited:
@juajn7fernandez I would be incredibly interested in getting you to get my Tomenosuke Blaster to its full potential and was curious as to how much you might charge and how long it usually takes? I currently already have my blaster and I love it but would love to see it look film accurate and lived in like the ones you have been doing!They really bring so much character to the gun! Msg me and let me know!

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back