Evil Dead Chainsaw [WIP]

armamentfactory

Sr Member
Hi Guys, I've been taking notes from the chainsaw build threads, and decided to get started on mine, but with a little twist.
Unfortunately for me, that tiny little, specific model of chainsaw doesn't exist in this part of the world, so... I'm building it with PVC/Sintra!
I'm also planning to take it to conventions, so the reduced weight is a bonus.

Day 1 & 2: I started with the guide bar, and worked the body proportions around it. Neca Mego-style chainsaw for reference.
DSCI0943a.jpgDSCI0945a.jpg

Day 3: More parts! Got the top handle mocked up, pull cord housing, and wrist collar in place.
DSCI0948a.jpgDSCI0951a.jpg

Phase 2! I'm thinking it's possible to build a working chain drive, and keep it "child-safe".
Modeled the chain bits, and they're off to the printer.
CHAIN_ASSY.JPGCHAIN_00.jpg

The chain links printed OK, but I had to print a few of extra links to get the overall length to look right.
DSCI0954a.jpgDSCI0955a.jpg

Had to cut down the bar too, I guess the serious guesswork is done! :lol
DSCI0957a.jpg

Got to add most of the nuts & bolts, plus a makeshift pull cord mechanism.
DSCI0952a.jpgDSCI0958a.jpg

I ran into a small problem with the rivets - I couldn't press them enough to pop the studs without deforming the 3D printed parts. I'll be filing off protruding studs for weeks!

On the up-side, the chain drive works!
[video]https://www.facebook.com/ab.cruz.56/videos/1321454581332219/[/video]

I used a Tamiya 3-speed crank axle gearbox, set to 216:1 ratio.
DSCI0972a.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back