Hasbro Marvel Legends Star-Lord Mask and Mjolnir

A short demo on the bluetooth speakers and LED
Overall quality is not bad as to be expected for the price, and the speakers are located at the mouth section so it does not blast at your ears when you wear it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what the best course of action is, wondering if someone can offer a solution for the lenses or maybe I can enlist someone willing to do it. I'm fairly inept at DIY so I'd definitely be interested if anyone is offering a fix.

Same with my lens. They were fogged with fingerprints on them

IMG_1079.JPGIMG_1080.JPG

I think the real trick would be seeing if it's possible to splice onto the existing lighting controls so that the button would continue working as it should. I've got a laser engraver at this point and no real excuse not to look into it other than time, so I'll try and crack my helmet open by the end of the week for a look.

I got the mjolnir earlier last week, and having played with it a while... meh. It's a nice prop, reasonably done, and the effects are neat, but as Fly4v has said, too much toy, not enough replica. The helmet is a must-have for the price, but the hammer's just par for what I would expect.

I attempted to take mine apart. Unfortunately, in order to get to the eyes you have to come from the inside and in order to do that you also have to remove the inside panels of the sides. Got all the screws out but could not get it to separate. I gave up and put it back together but I'm definitely going to try again though.

Cheers
Steve

I attempted to take it apart the other night, got all the inside screws out, was trying to figure out how to get to the eyes as well, its the front faceplate that actually comes forward from the inside of the mask, i can see a plate screwed in holding the eyes in place, but i cannot further pop the front faceplate off to get to them, there are no more screws left that i can see and this front fascia piece just won't detach from the rest of the helmet....if you guys get any further let me kno....i also want to splice new electronics in, namely the light and lens kit from Risu and i dont think its going to be hard at all once we get this faceplate off, can also splice that side led into it as well....

One guy managed to change his lenses, but he didn't really go over it. He posted in the "Definitive Peter Quill" topic.

I asked him how in a post, so we'll see if he responds.

Got mine yesterday, same issue with the lenses. Gave them a swipe with Alcohol and swabs, same issue with the red dye bleed. Great QA Hasbro...

If you have twenty minutes to spare, do I have a video for you!

If not, well, maybe just jump to somewhere around 11:30.

I got the faceplate off, which was way harder than it should have been.

sQo1aOPl.jpg

rmpGtOEl.jpg

tvz8ckZl.jpg

There's a molded red plastic pane inside a clip that's screwed on. I was actually surprised to find that there was only a single LED for each eye. It gets a surprising amount of illumination done with just those two suckers.

3wKuSzPl.jpg

1IdNQ4nl.jpg

SYAqYeil.jpg

We did wipe the red lens down after removal. It didn't seem to get too much better.

I can see a few options for re-lighting. The power lines that go to the face are very straightforward - full brightness sets them at 4.5V, half-brightness goes to 2V, and the dimmest setting seems to be around 1.5V, though I will concede my multimeter sucks for the smaller measurements. This means that it'd be pretty possible to wire replacement LED ring assemblies in and have them work seamlessly off the same button - including the dimming.

Attachments

• sQo1aOPl.jpg
    sQo1aOPl.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 73
  • sQo1aOPl.jpg
    sQo1aOPl.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 79
  • rmpGtOEl.jpg
    rmpGtOEl.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 83
  • rmpGtOEl.jpg
    rmpGtOEl.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 90
  • tvz8ckZl.jpg
    tvz8ckZl.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 80
  • tvz8ckZl.jpg
    tvz8ckZl.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 81
  • 1IdNQ4nl.jpg
    1IdNQ4nl.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 85
  • 1IdNQ4nl.jpg
    1IdNQ4nl.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 78
  • 3wKuSzPl.jpg
    3wKuSzPl.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 3wKuSzPl.jpg
    3wKuSzPl.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 88
  • SYAqYeil.jpg
    SYAqYeil.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 76
  • SYAqYeil.jpg
    SYAqYeil.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 83
hello, first time poster here.

I too have purchased one of these masks for my starlord costume for Dragon Con this year and am having the same issue with the eyes being foggy :/

So contacted Hasbro customer service, they're sending a new helmet sans the cloudy lenses. Pretty quick on customer service, we'll see how this pans out.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back