Prime example that people don't get our hobby

Does anyone but a Artist understand the creation of art? We create these pieces for the love of creating something we love and in doing so go as close as we can to replicate how the prop felt to us when we first saw it and fell in love with it. A good example on a high end of course but still counts building a replica of the BTTF Delorean Time Machine the real prop never glowed blue around the metal grills that was ILM's addition to the film after it had been shot but because it is a principal thing of the thing we wish to replicate we may add blue LEDs in it that are hooked up to a mechanism that makes the glow do as it did the closer we get to 88 granted the only thing that changed before hitting 88 was the pulse of the Flux Capacitor with the blue glow only showing at about 80 MPH if memory serves.

So we added a feature that doen't make the car Prop any less of a good thing if you got it to suit your tastes. calling it a toy is a insult pure and simple we made art with meaning to us that is all that matters. I doubt my dream project prop I mention in my Sig will be perfect but it'll be as darn close as I can get it without true magic. ;)

I'm not too familiar with Star Trek weapons, to be honest, but would like to add a Solo blaster to my collection one day. Can you point out to me which parts are not accurate in this particular version? Just to know where I need to pay attention too when I buy one (looking to get a Boba Debt one).

Just off the top, at the very least, get wood grips and get rid of that Denix logo!!!

There's at least two different blasters featured in the pics on that article. One clean, one weathered.
So let's see, off the top of my head;

Unaccurized Denix, which means
-soft details all over
-Denix logo still present
-missing lines from the bottom of the mag
-missing extractor from the bolt
-solid cast safety switch
-weird nubs on the rear sight housing that aren't supposed to be there
-In one of the pictures the lanyard loop is present , in others it's gone. Far as I remember, none of the screen-used blasters had the ring

Things that were right;
-Flat bottom bull barrel
-Front sight
-Flash hider
-Scope&mount
-grill

So, basically with a better base gun or some elbow grease that might just fit the bill. As is it's a nice display piece, but far from accurate.

_A

Wait, "Star Trek weapons?" I hope that was auto correct or something, because the thought that a premium member of therpf thinks that Han Solo is from Star Trek is going to keep me awake at night.

vyjd9.jpg

Has anyone actually got the Todd's Costumes blaster? I'm extremely interested and the choice right now (at least for me in the UK) is very limited.

Much as I'd advocate against chopping up an original Wartime Commercial Mauser C96 to make a static wall-hanger, there are better options to use as a base (albeit harder to find) than a Denix. That mod looks like Todd didn't even replace the plastic grips with wood ones. The side outline of the mag bottom plate was scribed in, but that wasn't carried over to the bottom, nor was the plate-release inset and button added.

And as for "ultimate accuracy"? Two words -- Scott Jua. If it's not a blank-firing modded Mauser, it's only ever gonna be "close enough".

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back