Game of Thrones

Hmm. I don't know if I'd lay all the blame solely at Rhaegar and Lyanna's feet. I mean, they definitely created a tense situation. True, they could've defused it. However I'd say Brandon Stark riding down to King's Landing made an already bad situation worse. Then, the Mad King fanned the flames into full fledged war. Had he not murdered Brandon and his father Rickard, the war never would've happened.

If you buy the Southron Ambitions theory, then Aerys' murder of the two Starks and his attempted murder of Ned and Robert Baratheon were all basically part of a plot to crush a rebellion before it happened...but which led to the rebellion anyway.

Hmm. I don't know if I'd lay all the blame solely at Rhaegar and Lyanna's feet. I mean, they definitely created a tense situation. True, they could've defused it. However I'd say Brandon Stark riding down to King's Landing made an already bad situation worse. Then, the Mad King fanned the flames into full fledged war. Had he not murdered Brandon and his father Rickard, the war never would've happened.

And Brandon Stark, as I understand it, rode to King's Landing to retrieve Lyanna, whom he erroneously thought had been kidnapped by Rhaegar, an error in information that could have been avoided by Lyanna saying "Hey, I've not been kidnapped. We ran away together."

So yeah, it WAS their fault.

He didn't just ride down there to get his sister. Brandon was a notorious hothead. He rode down there, demanded the return of his sister, and threatened the life of Rhaegar, who wasn't even in King's Landing. But yeah, Rhaegar and Lyanna for sure created a bad situation. Still, I'd defend the pov that had there not been a madman in charge like Aerys, war could have been avoided despite Rhaegar and Lyanna's running off together. It all starts with them, but any number of people could have prevented the escalation (including Rhaegar and Lyanna) however not all their fault.

He didn't just ride down there to get his sister. Brandon was a notorious hothead. He rode down there, demanded the return of his sister, and threatened the life of Rhaegar, who wasn't even in King's Landing. But yeah, Rhaegar and Lyanna for sure created a bad situation. Still, I'd defend the pov that had there not been a madman in charge like Aerys, war could have been avoided despite Rhaegar and Lyanna's running off together. It all starts with them, but any number of people could have prevented the escalation (including Rhaegar and Lyanna) however not all their fault.

I'd go with that. Swap out Aerys for, say, his grandfather -- Aegon V -- and you have a very different situation, with a king more likely to try to mollify the Starks and say "I don't know where he got off to, but rest assured, we'll find out together." Aerys II's response was more "TREASON!! SEIZE THE TRAITOR AND BURN HIM ALIVE!!!"

But yes, the inciting incident is Rhaegar and Lyanna's secret elopement.

This discussion just reminds of the long drawn out arguments at some other ASOIAF fan sites about Sansa and her role in Ned's death. Some would put the blame squarely on her (not fair at all), some see her as completely innocent and not at fault for anything, ever, then there were those of us that agree that she played a part in him ending up dead, but its not entirely her fault by a long shot.

What was her part? I've only watched the show, haven't read the books, but it seems to me she was manipulated by evil grownups exploiting her naiveté.

Well, if you remember back in season 1, once Ned had discovered what was going on in King's Landing, he began making plans to get Sansa, Arya, and most of his people out of there. After King Robert died, it wasn't safe for them. Sansa flipped out and told Cersei what he was planning. She was then prepared for when Ned showed up, demanding that she and Joffrey give up the throne to Stannis. More than likely Littlefinger played a part in getting the news to Cersei as well because he then used the City Watch against Ned even though he had told Ned they were his. Next thing you know, off with his head!

So, obviously there is no way in hell Sansa was solely responsible for all that. There are plenty of book readers though that hated her enough to try and blame her for it. Of course, there's also the opposite, people who forgive all her screw ups.

OMG :lol

http://i.imgur.com/KVc6Sgr.gifv

S7E6
incohérence e6s7.jpg

montage 4.jpg

Traduction:
****in WW
They didn't break your wall
WTF ?? What about the Night King ?
The familly

:lol

So why is it that we have to now wait two years for the last few episodes? That suuuuuuuucks!

Just like how they delayed shooting for this season, they want to be able to film during winter. Also, even though there will only be 6 episodes, supposedly they will all be an hour plus long. Then think about how many big battle scenes that there will probably be plus all the CGI.

Just like how they delayed shooting for this season, they want to be able to film during winter. Also, even though there will only be 6 episodes, supposedly they will all be an hour plus long. Then think about how many big battle scenes that there will probably be plus all the CGI.

I'm in favor of this because I'm not a fan of filler episodes. Condense to put out some really good content!

I've got this hypothesis that if Season 7 had actually been based off a book GRRM had written, it would have been 10 episodes, and the writing would have been better.

The Sansa/Arya storyline from this season is the perfect example of rushed storytelling.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back