HELP - trying to figure out this part - Bespin blaster & DL-21 hoth blaster

sctcarts

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm working on 2 builds, the Bespin security blaster, and the DL-21 Hoth trooper blaster. I've managed to locate all the other real world parts on both guns, and am building them with as many found parts as possible. They both have a greeblie on them that I can't seem to indentify, and I've been digging through threads to see if there was anything and I'm coming up empty - help from the "blaster" gods, please?

Here's the part on the Bespin blaster close up, right side:
relby k21 right.jpg

and here it is on the DL-21, close up, left side:
dl21left.jpg

Well, I decided to just scratch build this part and mold it for use - scaled to the other real world parts and based on as many reference photos as I could get, built it out of styrene. Close enough for and and it does the trick until I figure out the real piece!

scratch built part.jpg

Re: HELP - trying to figure out this part - Bespin blaster & DL-21 hoth blaster

Really great job! I'm working on the Bespin security blaster at the moment, too. Any help or info about greeblies is much appreciated!

I see some V8 parts, and an Exactra button, but not sure about most the other stuff, including the gears, barrel tip, and other various details.

Here's where I was with it last night, I've started making a barrel tip from delrin that's not pictured.
cc1879587401435093933d24b545e266.jpg
adb282a5c30215e07de00776810cb062.jpg
cf5ad294bce1a32ebadaff08114205ba.jpg
ca74c0e949f392a5f1fad4a789c5b60e.jpg
0cdc7bdce0004e93ce686ee02a249d48.jpg

Re: HELP - trying to figure out this part - Bespin blaster & DL-21 hoth blaster

You are referring to the red "C" button.
View attachment 813072
Right. I've been scouring around looking for the coffee stirrers, no luck yet. I'm aware the half "bomb" is from an F4 Phantom kit, but not sure which one. I'm assuming it's 1/48 scale, but again not sure.

And the long triangular "vents" on the sides of the upper? From another airplane model maybe?

How about the gears and the ribbed barrel tip?

And the "sights"? They look simple enough to scratch build, but it'd be cool to know what everything is.

Any help is appreciated!!!

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Well, I decided to just scratch build this part and mold it for use - scaled to the other real world parts and based on as many reference photos as I could get, built it out of styrene. Close enough for and and it does the trick until I figure out the real piece!

View attachment 792560

It looks like a rocker arm. It's similar to what you press your thumb down on with a disposable lighter. But obviously bigger. Like a keyboard or organ key....

This is what I got about 15 years ago, and I believe I have a coffee stirrer in another box.
P4271854.JPG

Well, I found myself a Phantom kit, still looking for a stirrer...

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back