My Bandai Y wing

Nice work! I've spent a lot of time studying Gold Leader (Tie Killer) and am floored how well Bandai did on this model. The detail is incredibly accurate to the original Tie Killer studio model. I would say 95% of the greeblies have been accurately recreated for this model. Even the pipes are almost 100%. They managed to add one extra along one of the wings on the bottom. Hats off to Bandai! Would be nice to have it in 1/48 scale though.

I agree, I would love to build a larger one. They should do an electronic version like the x wing, with engine and cockpit lights and sound

I think you nailed the weathering- it is so easy to overdo it on this kit.

I would love to see a 1:48 of this subject as well- hopefully without the lights and sounds to keep the cost lower. The X-Wing is perfect fo r those extras with the moving wings, but I think the Y-Wing would be simple enough to add lighting if so desired...

NIce one, i like the subdued look, nothing screaming at you. when I build mine I'll definitely come back to yours.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back