Black Series Poe helmet by Hasbro

I doubt it. Lets all be honest, this helmet is not going to fly off the shelves. While we can all appreciate the fantastic aspects of the helmet this is a helmet that appeared in one film for less then 10 minutes. It lacks iconic status or nostalgia plus its pretty goofy looking all things considered. Even the Kylo helmet had the benefit of being a villains iconic face on every item of promotional material.

I don't want to sound mean but while this is a fantastic deal on a fantastic design I am beginning to worry what will happen if this release tanks.

Then they'd just release a helmet that would sell a gazillion copies... like maybe a Vader helmet ;)

You know I thought the same thing, I'm amazed they didn't have another amazon exclusive. This would have been a good exclusive

Yeah. Just a simple repaint and boom! Another decently priced helmet for collectors to pick up. And this time, unlike the Shadow Trooper which never appeared in the movie, the Blue Squadron Poe actually had some screen time.

Unsure how well these things are selling to justify other helmet variants. I continually see Poe helmets on the shelves at various stores (at least 1-2 with all the Best Buy, TRU, Target, and Walmart stores I've been to at least). Would love it if they did do Poe's blue helmet, even if it's a convention exclusive. Though I hope it sells well enough to at least justify the OT X-Wing helmet. Would love to repaint whichever they make into Wedge's helmet.

I would think any plans for a variant and the manufacture of the variant would have been in the works before the regular helmet was released. I doubt they wait to see how the regular one sells then decide. The variant would be wanted for the holiday period.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

They did the special Shadowtrooper variant with the Stormtrooper helmet from Amazon. Maybe it's possible they could do something similar in the future.

Well I just managed to get one off Amazon UK for £74.99, Smyths where sold out and I couldn't find them UK side anywhere else in stock without the 100% markup.

Even snuck it under the wife radar as a pre order that I made ages ago!

Last edited:
I tried mine on. It's pretty tight with the ear muffs. The sounds are pretty fun. You can listen to BB-8 "communicating" to you and X Wing sounds and Tie Fighter fly by sound effects.

Mine just arrived. JawaFong I see what you mean about it being tight (its only tight around the top of the ear muffs on me so they'll get moded )
I'm thinking Kid leather to cover the tan inner sections, secure the sound affects button from the inside (I'm not bothered about the Beep Boop Beeps)
Replace the plastic Alan bolts for real ones on the visor housing, Some sticky back foam to stop the rattle of the visor, re weather and new greeblies when available

Agreed! Tie lid needed

Hi all,

my first helmet finally arrived and I am planning on making a Snap helmet out of it. I just love what Hasbro is doing at the meoment. The helmet itself is great. it fits tightly but that it good. With most of my other helmets I have to be careful with quick movements of the head, not with this one though. I do not much care for the flying sounds, though.

Does any one maybe have source pictures of the back of Snap's helmet?

Snapysnap.JPGSnapy.JPG

Almost finished although i got a bit sloppy at the end(and backside) when i noticed that the paint doesn't hold as well as I thought....but it's ok-ish.

I'm a bit late to the thread since I haven't visited since before Force Friday. My wife and I ended up being first in line at our Target and I was the first one down one aisle, while she covered another aisle. I grabbed the helmet immediately. When we got home at around 2am, I broke it out of the box and she tried it on and had so much fun with it, so we hit another Target first thing the following morning and picked up a helmet for her as well.

Photo Sep 01, 5 14 01 PM.jpg

The mic bugged me immediately, so I did a bit of tinkering to make it more movie accurate. Still hesitant on painting. It's not bad the way it is. I currently have it displayed next to a Gentle Giant Poe Classic bust.

Poe Dameron helmet.jpg

I am EXTREMELY happy with this helmet. Hasbro did an excellent job. It could be void of all electronics and it wouldn't make a bit of difference to me.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back