Guardians of the Galaxy: The tape deck on board the Milano

Bottom picture? Cropped for just her top half. Note the vertical lines and even the lighter portion right above the head. Perhaps from the same shoot or scene or wherever this came from.

9ce4b45a2717e4bfacce1265f68d241a.jpg

Hi i just wanted to say this thread inspired me to build my own tape deck... i made some modifications so ill have a box type with CD player at the sides and a disc acetate at the top and i will made it fully funcional.

Just wanted to share and read some advices. Here are some pictures of mine :)

20171011_173811.jpgIMG-20171009-WA0007.jpg20171011_173754.jpg

I've decided to finally start on my tape deck, I was hoping one of you could post the dimensions.
it would be much appreciated, I'll post my progress to the forum.

Almost done with one. The knobs are a pain to do. Also setting the tape deck into the back of the facing. I have to do that tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

O yeah i buggered through the frame as you have to mount the wood from the rear, filler and repaint will fix it.
You made an amazing job!!!! Do you have the dimensions or some blueprints or cad files? XD could you share it with me?

So here is my update

i found some real VU meters, they are maybe 5% smaller than the size that I estimated. The price is good and they actually work so I'm going to work with them. If anyone needs a link I think the guy or sets. I want to say they are tascam VU meters
I ended up getting an eight by four sheet of the wood, also found a stain that will work I'll post a name in a bit at work.
I found that the trolls going to be hard to find now that there is a seller buying them up, he's calling it the guardians of the galaxy troll so you expect to pay like 30 bucks for it.
I cut other sets of bezels for the size of the VU meters so I had a hard time deciding which way to go with it you can see in the pics.
going to start machining knobs this week.
it's weird because the size looks more narrow lengthwise and when i take pictures of it it seems taller.

any comments would be great.

just a note for you people who get the double deck Marantz cassette player, don't forget to to make a copy of your mix tape CD onto cassette.

Does anyone know with the large plates for the knobs might be from?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry about the pics being upside down, my ipad works wonders!
It's a grat job bro, could you share the dimnsions or some cad file with me? please, :v

Would anyone be able to machine the knobs for me? I was hoping to make a functioning version of this and would like it to be as authentic as possible:)

Man ive been sitting on mine for a while really need machined knobs and discs as i got all the bezzels in aluminum still trying to map out the internals i want a infinite looping tape and functional buttons but it will be a mp3 player so i can load all the music from all films been sitting on it for 4 years now i am having trouble with finding resources to do the electrical

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back