Pepsi Perfect 3D Render Questions.

BatMcFly

Hey Guys,

Whenever I can't get my hands onto some item (most of the time), I occasionally do 3D renders of them. In this case, I did the US release Pepsi Perfect bottles. As a great man once said, "Please excuse the crudity of this model." I only have a vague idea of what under the cap looks like.

I was wondering if anyone who has opened one could post some high resolution shots of the body without the cap (and photos of the inside of the cap). Also, looking for what the bottom looks like (does it bevel under, curve, etc). Also looking for shots of the Mexico and Argentina bottles (even tracing the outline and taking a photo would help), might do them (definitely will never get one of those!). The best photos are straight on or right on top (like mugshots). I already got all the photos from the main thread, so no need to re-post those! Anyway, this was done in Cinema 4D. Never 3D printed, somewhat interested but would probably need someone more experienced to help with the threading on the lip/inside of the cap.

Pepsi Perfect Bottles.png
Pepsi Perfect.png

I vectorized the Pepsi Perfect logo in Illustrator, here's a High Resolution PNG with transparency. If anyone is interested in the vector file let me know. I noticed that the Pepsi Perfect logo is inconsistent on their branding. On the label on the US Bottles it has sharp edges while the box (and Mexico bottles) have rounded edges. Feel free to criticize both my works, but go easy on me. These were done based on the promotional photos and I've never had one in my hands.

Ummm...if you're going to 3D print a Pepsi Perfect bottle, why would you choose to replicate the horribly inaccurate Pepsi official version, with its likewise inaccurate label? Also, there have been plenty of photos posted of the bottle without the cap. But I just spent 2 seconds typing "pepsi perfect without cap" into Google and I saw this on line 5 of the images tab:

images

My first thread, my first reply! A surly comment oozing with sarcasm! There has not been plenty of photos posted by the community, at least not to my searches. The only one's I've run across were in the main thread:

001FAB's screenshots from the commercial
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=247641&page=12&p=3779426&viewfull=1#post3779426

agliarept
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=247641&page=28&p=3789048&viewfull=1#post3789048

Zlurpo's shots he took at a convention (after following a link he posted)
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=247641&page=17&p=3782134&viewfull=1#post3782134

The part I was/am most confused about was the cap within the cap (from Zlurpo's post)
9zur9Sjla.jpg

I never said I wanted to 3D print my work, just that I had a little interest. I find it ironic that you rip me for wanting to create an inaccurate 3D model, then the "help" you offer is an inaccurate 3D render of the bottle I wanted to accurately model. Oh by the way, I just provided an extremely accurate Pepsi Perfect Label (accurate to the release not the movie) to the community free of charge. Next time you post, could you please make a positive contribution? Why was I excited to join the RPF community again?

For everyone else, here's a new render with an improved head design. If anyone can help with photos of the "cap within the cap", it would really help me out!
Pepsi Perfect v3.png
Looks like my original render was of the top to the Mexican bottle, I've since fixed it. Anyone interested in a desktop wallpaper? If so, I can post higher resolution shots. Just let me know! Thanks to the above mentioned posters and to Diana88's lengthy post of the Mexican bottle!

As far as I know there are 3 different versions -

1. US release has a normal sized cap inside the large cap. No flip up straw. Its bottle is the least screen accurate of the three, but the bottle and new logo does look pretty good.

2. Mexican bottle has a large thread around the outside of the bottle/inside the lid and as a result, stress lines can be seen on the threads on the cap. This version does have a flip top straw and pretty good shape.

3. Argentina version also has a flip top but a smaller hidden lid and thread. It appears to be the best of a bad bunch. At first, it was thought this bottle was made from thicker plastic. As it turned out, just different lid idea.

All three would be licensed, just the worst of them was the one released in the US.

Thanks for that clarification. Here's some more free stuff.

High Resolution transparent PNG of the Pepsi Perfect logo with rounded edges. This one is probably less accurate than the straight edge one because I just modified my original.
Pepsi Perfect - Round.png
Same one, but modified to look like the print error (?) on the Mexican bottles.
Pepsi Perfect - Round Error.png
Anyone interested in the illustrator file for any of these, PM me. I'm offering these decals for free, all I ask is that you consider printing off an extra and sending it to me for my collection! If it needs to be modified to print more accurately, let me know!

Mmm, the rounded edges on the printed label are probably an accident or limitation of the printing. As is the 'smearing' seen on the Mexican bottles.

I suspect the bottoms of the bottles are domed inward slightly to resist the pressure of the carbonated soda.

Attached are a couple pics of the 'real' Pepsi bottles from the film. There are differences between the logo / label art as well.

Attachments

• Pepsi1.jpg
    Pepsi1.jpg
    894.3 KB · Views: 279
  • Pepsi Sign.jpg
    Pepsi Sign.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 272
  • bttf2_pepsi_perfect.jpg
    bttf2_pepsi_perfect.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 206
  • BackToThe Future-PepsiBottle2.jpg
    BackToThe Future-PepsiBottle2.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 415
  • 21604_0846_1_lg.jpg
    21604_0846_1_lg.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 777
"...if you're going to 3D print a Pepsi Perfect bottle, why would you choose to replicate the horribly inaccurate Pepsi official version, with its likewise inaccurate label?"

If you think asking this this very legitimate question is "ripping" you, then I'd hate to see how you'd react to someone genuinely being harsh. I, and many others, are still flabbergasted that Pepsi, with 30 years time, could bungle replicating the shape and label of the actual bottle from the film so badly. I don't understand why someone would rather spend their time replicating it vs. the actual bottle.

But it's your time to spend. Good luck.

"...if you're going to 3D print a Pepsi Perfect bottle, why would you choose to replicate the horribly inaccurate Pepsi official version, with its likewise inaccurate label?"

If you think asking this this very legitimate question is "ripping" you, then I'd hate to see how you'd react to someone genuinely being harsh. I, and many others, are still flabbergasted that Pepsi, with 30 years time, could bungle replicating the shape and label of the actual bottle from the film so badly. I don't understand why someone would rather spend their time replicating it vs. the actual bottle.

I don't think that specific part of your response was what made you sound like you were ripping him

Spyhunter2k said:

Bro, you were pretty short and rude with him. Not everybody starts posting asking questions without using the search function first.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've no interest in derailing his thread further trying to explain my point. As I said in my prior post, I wish him luck in replicating whatever version of the bottle he likes.

cavx, Mike J. - Thanks for the helpful info!
TSC88mph, NOMAD202 - Thanks for the support!

I doubt anyone would use it, but here's an HD Wallpaper of the bottles I've done so far.
Pepsi Perfect - Studio v3.1.png
Still need to do the "lid within the lid" for the Pepsi Perfect US release, "flip-top" lid for the Mexican release which is similar to the cap to the screen accurate version that I am working on here:
Pepsi Perfect - Three Bottles.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't completed the whole screen accurate bottle, but I started working on this stage. Have a higher resolution video, but used GIF to compress. Don't know if it's worth uploading at full res, anyone want to see it?

Click it to see animation!
3oEduLRnUDiiRyT62A.gif

Higher Resolution Still Frame
Pepsi - TwoSoftboxOnWhiteCyc v0035.png

Question: Is the PEPSI in Back to the Future, Part II off centered? For the life of me, I couldn't center the word with the "P" in the middle. I think it's just a weird camera angle that makes it look centered.

Last edited:
super cool! Yeah put the HD version up so I can see!

EDIT: And from my super awesome computer skills - I would say no, the there's no way the hole is centered:

PP Circle.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back