RIP Paul Walker..

...The driver of the Carrera GT, awesome car by the by, was an dealer but I didn't get the sense he was a professional driver.
One report I read stated that the car involved was considered "difficult" to drive even for professional drivers.

The Sherriff did say there were burned tire marks as if a car had been doing figure 8's and donuts.
So if they were acting like jackasses at fourty years of age, I find it hard to be extremely sympathetic...
In the same report I mentioned above, a Sheriff's officer was reported to have said there were a number of tire marks on the road where the accident took place that indicated "exhibition", but that it was unclear whether or not any of them were made by the car Rodas was driving. Also, some of the people present at the event who were familiar with that specific car said it was highly unusual for it to have caught fire as it did regardless of speed or impact because of the way the car and it's fuel system were configured.

Man, RIP Paul. My condolences to his family and friends, especially his young daughter. Also, my condolences to the family of Roger Rodas, the seemingly forgotten 2nd person in the car.

I wanted to try and figure out what happened so I thought that I'd try and find the spot where he crashed, it's not on Rye Canyon Loop which is where the media said it was, but in a street next to it. There’s quite a curve just before the crash site, so I’d say that the tail came out at high speed and I don’t think they weren’t doing donuts like some think, even though there were marks on the road today, there were in Dec ‘11 when street view went through there too. Also, right at the tree where the car was sitting is a pipe system above the ground, I wonder if it’s a gas line... Even if it’s not, it would destroy the bottom of the car tearing up things like the fuel and break lines (I’m not sure if they’re under the car on a Porsche)

Either way though, looking at the wreckage, I’d say that they died before the fire started, thank goodness. It’s a small mercy in a tragic situation.

Kraig

RIP Paul Walker, I enjoyed his films.

Sorry "guy who died who's not getting press". Had you been famous too, you would,in the end though, sorry dude/guy...

Play stupid games=

No doubt. I just find this "RIP the guy who's not getting press" stuff a bit silly.

Anyway, it's sad on both accounts. No matter how it happened.

From what i've read of the details of the crash and statements made by Walker in the past, I have little sympathy here.

He seemed more than reckless. 2 Fast 2 Funerals.

Irresponsible and unsurprising.

Man, RIP Paul. My condolences to his family and friends, especially his young daughter. Also, my condolences to the family of Roger Rodas, the seemingly forgotten 2nd person in the car.

I wanted to try and figure out what happened so I thought that I'd try and find the spot where he crashed, it's not on Rye Canyon Loop which is where the media said it was, but in a street next to it. There’s quite a curve just before the crash site, so I’d say that the tail came out at high speed and I don’t think they weren’t doing donuts like some think, even though there were marks on the road today, there were in Dec ‘11 when street view went through there too. Also, right at the tree where the car was sitting is a pipe system above the ground, I wonder if it’s a gas line... Even if it’s not, it would destroy the bottom of the car tearing up things like the fuel and break lines (I’m not sure if they’re under the car on a Porsche)

[url]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/kwmackay/Crash-site_zpsde45e9cd.jpg[/URL]

Either way though, looking at the wreckage, I’d say that they died before the fire started, thank goodness. It’s a small mercy in a tragic situation.

Kraig

Wow, Kraig, that picture with that pipe is very telling.

Now that is tacky as hell.

I was very saddened by this as well. He was one of the few celebs that was a genuinely good. Donated his time and millions to charities.

RIP Paul. You will be missed.

Am I the only one who thinks this should have been Miley Cyrus or Kim Kardashian?

Paul Walker was quality. The good ones always go in the craziest ways, while the crazies stick around forever.

One report I read stated that the car involved was considered "difficult" to drive even for professional drivers.

In the same report I mentioned above, a Sheriff's officer was reported to have said there were a number of tire marks on the road where the accident took place that indicated "exhibition", but that it was unclear whether or not any of them were made by the car Rodas was driving. Also, some of the people present at the event who were familiar with that specific car said it was highly unusual for it to have caught fire as it did regardless of speed or impact because of the way the car and it's fuel system were configured.

I remember when it was on top gear and the stig kept losing it on the track and they said it was very tough to drive :cry

RIP to the both of them

Many people have a hard time driving a standard sports car let alone a Carrerra GT, special permits should be required before getting possesion of these high performance racing cars, not only for their safety but the safety of others. Accidents happen but this one seemed avoidable. R.I.P.

GFollano

Many people have a hard time driving a standard sports car let alone a Carrerra GT, special permits should be required before getting possesion of these high performance racing cars, not only for their safety but the safety of others. Accidents happen but this one seemed avoidable. R.I.P.

GFollano

Uh, the guy driving was a racer car driver, so I'm pretty sure he was qualified. You can't license stupidity. A lot more people are killed by soccer moms in SUVs than the dozen or so Carreras GTs that are in the country.

RIP dudes.

I'm not a gear head or fan of the Furious movies but what a shame to die so young in a way that was probably totally avoidable.

Uh, the guy driving was a racer car driver, so I'm pretty sure he was qualified. You can't license stupidity. A lot more people are killed by soccer moms in SUVs than the dozen or so Carreras GTs that are in the country.

Yah maybe qualified on a race track and what kind of car did he race? by the end results I guess he wasn't qualified enough,
you would expect it from a soccer mom in SUV not from a qualified driver, I'm sure he wasn't driving safely from the damages

GFollano

Keep in mind we don't know yet what happened. He could have been driving like a maniac, or he could been swerving to avoid a bus full of nuns. I've heard contradicting reports of of them racing and reports that there was no other car. There are skid marks, but to be honest they look a little small to be from that car. There are reports of a bang before the crash, so they could have blown a tire. Yea, there isn't much left of the car, but the body is all carbon fiber, so the fire would have compleaty destroyed it. You don't have to be going very fast to cause a lot of damage. I broke telephone pole in half and compleaty totaled a Buick Skyhawk once doing only 35 on straight road and losing it on ice. Heck They can't even say for certain who was driving because they have to run dental records to determine who is who. It's a little early to be throwing blame around before the facts are in.

According to the Daily Mail U.K. oil fluid was on the road before the sight of the crash and investigator were talking about the oil leak in the steering system.
Skid marks were straight (instead of left to right, signs that the driver tried to overcompensate and right the car) and leading directly to the light post.
The pic on Google map (posted by one of our member here) shows an array of piping on the grass that might've contributed to the car blowing up...more to come I'm sure.

Have you seen the video of the crash? There was a pretty big explosion. I'm no expert, but I don't think cars explode like that when they wreck, even if they're going fast. Something else must have happened to make this accident as bad as it was.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back