Bandai release schedule

Yeah there's a Jango version on eBay right now for $87, and that's about how much those ones go for. It's Boba that demands a higher price.

SB

I'm looking to add the Boba one to my stash and the best price I am seeing is $180 plus shipping. It sucks, but its probably my best chance at a 1/72 Boba Slave 1 (who knows if Bandai will do one).

Wow, that's crazy. I got mine a few years ago with the "limited" white metal casting of Han in carbonite included for $40 plus shipping

A 1/72 Bandai Salve-1 would indeed be an awesome thing to have. Somehow I don't see it happening though

I have the 1/72 Jango FM Slave-I and the 1/144 Bandai Boba Slave-I. Fine Molds is nice for the size, but the Bandai gets some details right that Fine Molds missed.

Honestly, there are a ton of other subjects I'd like to see Bandai do before doing a 1/72 Slave-I, especially subjects that either haven't been done before (TIE Bomber, Blockade Runner) or done poorly (Republic gunship, AT-TE). Given Bandai's track record, it's more likely we'd see a Slave-I mini kit before we saw a 1/72 anyway.

Honestly, there are a ton of other subjects I'd like to see Bandai do before doing a 1/72 Slave-I, especially subjects that either haven't been done before (TIE Bomber, Blockade Runner) or done poorly (Republic gunship, AT-TE). Given Bandai's track record, it's more likely we'd see a Slave-I mini kit before we saw a 1/72 anyway.

Seconded on the prequel stuff. There are some excellent designs there that would be amazing to have good kits of. Revell just re-released their tiny pocket kit Republic Gunship (1/172 scale I think). I picked it up since it was only $10, but I'd love a 1/72 or larger scale model

I'm looking to add the Boba one to my stash and the best price I am seeing is $180 plus shipping. It sucks, but its probably my best chance at a 1/72 Boba Slave 1 (who knows if Bandai will do one).
That's the only reason I got Fine Molds' Jango Fett Slave 1; at the time there was no indication they were even thinking of producing a Boba Fett version. I figured they looked enough alike that I could paint it like the Boba Fett version, and that would be good enough for me. Five years later their Boba Fett version hit the shelves, so I got one, and now I don't know what I'll do with the Jango version. :rolleyes

Build it? Sell it? I don't understand the problem.
I'm not one of those modelers who likes to build multiples of the same kit, and since I have the Boba Fett version I really don't need or want the Jango version so building it myself probably won't happen. I'd have no real problem selling it, but I've done that with unwanted kits in the past and have always lost money on the deal after having to go out and buy the necessary packaging materials. Considering the going rate for the kit these days that probably wouldn't happen, but my history has made me a bit gun shy about selling kits.

I've been building models off-and-on since 1969, and I don't think my paint skills are good enough to do the kit justice. Basecoating and detail painting aren't a problem, but I've never really done any weathering on any of my models so I'll need to practice that a lot before I tackle the Falcon. Fortunately I have about 200-300 kits in my stash (maybe more, I haven't counted them) so I won't be hurting for practice material.

I'm not one of those modelers who likes to build multiples of the same kit, and since I have the Boba Fett version I really don't need or want the Jango version so building it myself probably won't happen.

One of the nice things about the Jango version is that there isn't as much weathering, so it lines up perfectly with your skill set. The paint scheme is also different enough that it makes the two versions look pretty cool sitting side by side. I don't know if you light your models, but adding some LEDs to the kit might make building the kit a worthy exercise and make it seem less like a multiple. If you sell it, you may lose some money over what you paid for it originally, but you'd lose less than just letting it sit on your shelf waiting for your kids to deal with it during the estate sale! :p

Why do you guys suppose Bandai hates Kylo Ren? For the Force Awakens they didn't make a kit of his shuttle. For The Last Jedi they don't make his TIE Silencer. Lame.

I'd say the TIE will come.......look how cool it looks in the trailer.......imagine the engines lit

J

- - - Updated - - -

One of the nice things about the Jango version is that there isn't as much weathering, so it lines up perfectly with your skill set. The paint scheme is also different enough that it makes the two versions look pretty cool sitting side by side. I don't know if you light your models, but adding some LEDs to the kit might make building the kit a worthy exercise and make it seem less like a multiple. If you sell it, you may lose some money over what you paid for it originally, but you'd lose less than just letting it sit on your shelf waiting for your kids to deal with it during the estate sale! :p

I have the Jango kit.....but I keep putting the build off because I don't have enough reference pics of the colour scheme/pattern.......also I'd like to mod it so that the missile hatches open

J

Opening hatches would be a nice mod. I didn't light my FM version, so I'm planning to get the Bandai to juice it up and maybe display it with the nose missile launcher open.

Why do you guys suppose Bandai hates Kylo Ren? For the Force Awakens they didn't make a kit of his shuttle. For The Last Jedi they don't make his TIE Silencer. Lame.

Yep they hate him:

http://bandai-hobby.net/sw/jp/products/kyloren.html

kyloren_00.jpg

Point taken though.

I'm not one of those modelers who likes to build multiples of the same kit, and since I have the Boba Fett version I really don't need or want the Jango version so building it myself probably won't happen. I'd have no real problem selling it, but I've done that with unwanted kits in the past and have always lost money on the deal after having to go out and buy the necessary packaging materials. Considering the going rate for the kit these days that probably wouldn't happen, but my history has made me a bit gun shy about selling kits.
Selling is anyways a crap shoot. I just picked up one of Del's T-16 Skyhopper kits off of ebay for.... Wait for it..... $1! Seriously, $1.00!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

One of the nice things about the Jango version is that there isn't as much weathering, so it lines up perfectly with your skill set. The paint scheme is also different enough that it makes the two versions look pretty cool sitting side by side. I don't know if you light your models, but adding some LEDs to the kit might make building the kit a worthy exercise and make it seem less like a multiple...
I can't disagree about them looking good side by side, but...I don't know. I'm just not crazy about the Prequel Trilogy movies and/or anything in them. And no, no LEDs or other electronics for me. I've tried to learn how to do that a number of times over the years, but I just don't have an aptitude for it.

...If you sell it, you may lose some money over what you paid for it originally, but you'd lose less than just letting it sit on your shelf waiting for your kids to deal with it during the estate sale! :p
:lol We never had any children, so it would probably end up in a landfill somewhere.

but...I don't know. I'm just not crazy about the Prequel Trilogy movies and/or anything in them.
:lol We never had any children, so it would probably end up in a landfill somewhere.

So, let me be your armchair therapist :lol:cheers and say you need to get that box out of your home and out of your life! If you can't build it because it reminds you of the prequels, and it's going to end up in the landfill, I'll take it off your hands! I'll pay for shipping and handling! :thumbsup No, really!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back