Show your custom Lightsabers!

I made this recently as a wedding gift. Just some Aluminium tubes of various diameter and other greeblies, blue Cree XPE LED, made to fit a 1 inch blade.
It's saltwater etched with the Bride and Groom's names (Sophie and Erik) in Aurabesh and the date of their wedding. The pommel is just the spindle taken from the inside of an old Hard Drive and fastened straight onto a 3d printed chassis which is held in place by the rear thumb screw.

table.jpg

All work, no play, blah blah blah...

Hi all. Have this in another thread but decided to have it here as well. It's my old school hardware saber. Built from mostly hardware store parts. Still working g on it. Making a simulated clamp lever and side bars. Tried making a custom but it's looking like a cross between obi wan and Luke's rotj saber. Opinions?IMG_20171007_160611.jpgIMG_20171007_105934.jpgIMG_20171007_160605.jpgIMG_20171007_112527.jpg

The emitter end is just aluminum and copper tubingtelescoped inside the different sized pipes. The outer is 1 and 1/2 inch aluminum with a large fender washer on top. I have a shaft collar at the very top. The emitter and widvane(roller bearing) are all connected together and can be removed as one peice.a threaded rod runs through the whole thing.

Hi again
Here's some more pics of my hardware store lightsaber I built two pieces that resemble the sidebars and the clamp to give it the look of a graflex tile clamp the sidebars are zinc keystock and the little folded pieces of metal that hold the clamp card in is just metal flashing that I've bent so far I'm pretty happy with it with how it looks it looks close to a graflex clamp to me. Maybe make a clamp lever out of the same metal flashing material. Here's more picsIMG_20171009_064053.jpgIMG_20171009_064039.jpgIMG_20171009_064109.jpg I also brightened up the aluminum cleaned it and then gave it a brushed finished look

I am a big fan of Madcow from Genesis Custom sabers. In photoshop... I graphically took some of his saber designs ideas and combined them into my favorite genesis custom saber design. Now I just need to save my pennies and get on his list to have him build it for me. :cool

View attachment 764455View attachment 764454

amazing design BACABreath, you should really make him build it, that is one of the most beautiful custom saber I have ever seen :thumbsup

What are you using for the clamp's sidebars? That looks perfect to make a hardware Kobold d-ring assembly.
It was a piece of aluminium trim for double glazing window units I picked up from a job I was working on
i was going to use this tile trim but the depth was a little deeper than I wanted
image.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back