Dealings with charley kiehl anyone heard of him

marsattack

Sr Member
Seems from time to time everyone will have An issue.
Anyone heard or had dealings with charley kiehl?
Sold him a Anh sabre and sent it after a problematic start which should of been my red flags.
He offered to pay in two instalments , a week apart made the first on a Friday and the second on the following Monday to my surprise .
Seconds later an email saying can I send it.
Ran home and packed it properly as I had instructions from him, and sent a photo of the receipt showing the tracking number as I walked out of the post office .
Seconds later I receive an email from him asking as to why the tracking number wasn't showing and that I had to go and ask and explain .
I emailed explaining it may need more than 5 minutes to upload .
Everyday after that at least one email asking as to the whereabouts of the saber.
Replied very politely to every one of those explaining that the saber will be between 5 to 8 days which it was before time delivered with no delays .

He has received it after an interrogation process as to why the tracking number didn't show on the Aus post site but DID SHOW UP
on the ups site.
He also claims that something must of happened on the New York facility because nothing was updated by the site lol.

The saber arrived from Australia to the US fully tracked within the 5 to 8 days allowed by auspost.
Upon receiving the saber a lineup of emails started arriving from a cracked tube I think or base (not sure as this was only in the PayPal claim)
To crooked t strips but most importantly missing an original exacta strip that was chopped in one corner.
I said I sent it and it must of dropped .
Also said to him that he can send it back if he is unhappy in its full condition for a full refund .
Seems he has said that he has had a few isssies with other people akd people have either fixed his problem or refunded portion.
In my case he wants a refund and to send the saber back without the exacta strip.

He says I'm dishonest about not telling him about the crooked t s and to remove the exacta.
He has opened a claim which I had the money there .
Anyone heard of Charley Kiehl??
He has been a member here since may 2017.
What I'm most offended by is that he has claimed I'm dishonest and that I removed the strip?
I'm sure someone here can vouch for my honesty and does anyone have any suggestions as to what happens
When he says it wasn't there and I say it was sent ?
Thank you for any input
Marcel

Last edited:
Re: Dealings with Fezfox anyone heard of him

I know Charley and have dealt with him, no issues.

He's s bit intense but it comes from the fact that many in this hobby are pains to deal with. Not saying you are just saying in general.

If he says the strip was missing then I would take him at his word. I've known him for a year and he's never lied to me on any of our dealings. I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation for missing strip.

Seems from time to time everyone will have An issue.
Anyone heard or had dealings with Fezfox?
Thank you for any input
Marcel

I don't know either of these guys but I do know marsattack and I have dealt with him - and have been privileged to collect many of his magnificent props - for years.

Given that he's also worked flawlessly with folk like Adam Savage (I've spoken to Adam personally about his ZF-1 and his dealing with Mars) and the 100% satisfaction rating in his feedback, its safe to say that the community in general feel the same way I do.

mars.png

One of the things to remember is that items sent through AusPost can take a good few days to reflect on an overseas web tracking service because only when it has been transferred to the o/s carrier (USPS) will it reflect in that countries local database.

This is an exceptionally unfortunate and unwarranted attack on one of the members here and I hope that its resolved ASAP.

Regards,

MARK

Attachments

• mars.png
    mars.png
    6 KB · Views: 177
Last edited by a moderator:

Appreciate it Mark.
To Hollywood , I assume that you know him out of this forum for a year since he has only been a member here since may 2017.
I will also assume that your statement that he has experienced this before with folks on this industry leads me to believe that this has happen many times before.
I spoke to PayPal and once he returns the saber in its original condition he gets his money back......
However once the sabre is returned without certain parts my appeal can be opened and they check whether or not this is a first time complaint for him or one of many , which in turn makes a totally different case.

Appreciate it Mark.
To Hollywood , I assume that you know him out of this forum for a year since he has only been a member here since may 2017.
I will also assume that your statement that he has experienced this before with folks on this industry leads me to believe that this has happen many times before.
I spoke to PayPal and once he returns the saber in its original condition he gets his money back......
However once the sabre is returned without certain parts my appeal can be opened and they check whether or not this is a first time complaint for him or one of many , which in turn makes a totally different case.

Correct I first met him when I bought an RS TK from him on EBay. Kept a good relationship with him and I can honestly say he's a good guy.

Shame this is happening.

marsattack.... this is odd. I live in Australia (as I explained to you you in our messages). I asked you for some photos of the saber you were selling on the junkyard.... I decided not to buy it. What is this all about?

YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING!!! I can't believe its come down to this!! SERIOUSLY!! First of all you send me a link to come hear and read all these lies in things I didn't even say? Here's the post my friend told me about this Graflex sale, which apparently was to good to be true. Especially for one in this condition from the pictures on the sale. Here's the link from the Junkyard on Marcel's sale.

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=280162

My friend thought I should by this Graflex considering the price and it looks correct. So I PM Marcel, that I was interested, told Marcel to email me more pictures of the Graflex asking normal questions just like anyone else would spending this kind of money. Everything looked ok, from what I could see. He mentioned in the sale that there was a chip on the bubble strip, which I was hesitating about buying, but my buddy told me to get it cause the price was good! I also mentioned to Marcel about seeing a scratch on the top front emitter end of the Graflex, which wasn't really that big of deal. Anyway, after asking him and reading his description on the sale. I purchased the Graflex. Now the AUSPOST I'm not to familiar with, but but the US POST normally gives you feed back on where your package is constantly. I was checking the tracking on this Graflex and it only showed me leaving Auspost and shipping to the US. Past Saturday it said it arrived in NY. Days went by and still it showed it in NY. I'm guessing cause it went through customs, checking it out I'm guessing? I emailed Marcel to ask about if he knew anything about it, or got any info since he had the info which he sent to me to track. Just worrying about it like anyone would, excited to get it! Then finally I got a call from my daughter letting me know a tube came in the mail. I knew it was the Graflex!! Couldn't wait to get home to open it up. After I got from work I ran down to my work station exited to see what I purchased from Marcel. I pulled out the stamps on the side tube, pulled out a very well tapped up Graflex that came very well packaged. Opened that up. There was a thin foam bag around the Graflex well tapped up. I opened it up and pulled the Graflex out. Right away I noticed there was no chipped bubble strip on the clamp!? So I looked in the bubble wrapped nothing!? I even checked the tube!! Nothing?! I thought did he remove it?! Why would he do that or forgot to put it back on? So I emailed Marcel and asked him if he had the cracked bubble strip? Asked if he took it off? He later replied he didn't and that I must have dropped it! I told him I looked and triple checked. I kept asking him was it loose when you wrapped it up? I replied it's missing and that I wanted to get another one replaced or I'm sending it back! Thinking he would talk to me about why the Graflex came with out the cracked bubble strip? Maybe I thought he remembered me saying I might replace it I'm not sure? Anyway being sidetracked about the strip I started looking over the rest of the Graflex and noticed that all the T- tracks looked like a Twizzler totally off centered!?! I was really mad seeing this since this was clearly never mentioned in the SALE discription posted, and clearly he knew this Graflex had the T-Tracks messed up yet, never clarify to mention it to me when asking all the questions any buyer would ask when buying something like this. Other then the missing cracked bubble strip and T-Tracks looking like a twizzler. I think the Graflex looked great and thought I could fix it at least, maybe even having my buddy Scott remove them for me and replace them. Then I noticed they were cemented on. I told Marcel I'm sorry, it's a nice Graflex but I thought maybe I could fix these T-Tracks but their cemented on! He said he bought this Graflex that way. I said, you never mentioned it on your SALE!? Honestly if I saw that or read it I wouldn't have purchased it. I was very nice about it, explaining about the tracks. He started blaming me saying I'm a lair that, I took his bubble strip off, and that if I want my refund I have to give the Graflex back the way he shipped it to me!? So how can I do that when I never got the cracked bubble strip?! After cooling down a bit dealing with this name calling me, and bashing me cause I didn't have the bubble strip. By then no matter how nice I was being mature about this, coming to the conclusion maybe he dropped it or feel out when he was wrapping it up at the post office or at home. I asked him if he looked around, but still never replied about checking?! Just being nasty and not believing me! Yet I'm the bad guy!!! Since I received it without the cracked bubble strip. Couldn't even talk to me nice by email or figure what happened. I just said, listen so if your telling the truth. You wrapped it up and it was still in the clamp, how could it come loose?! So instead of working this out like mature adults. He kept bashing on me!! Saying you that I can make a claim on the RPF. I said what?! I don't like to cause drama I said. He then said, well your not getting your refund if you don't have my cracked bubble strip! Again I said, it never came with one that's why I messaged you in the first place!? So he said call Paypal and make a claim about it missing so he gets reimbursed for the cracked bubble strip missing. So I did.

Thats what happened! I was honest with you Marcel and told you how I got it, and that I also got a Graflex that had the T-tracks look like a Twizzler. My friends saw it and said how bad it looked!! Even my daughter asked me why he never mentioned to say they looked like this when you bought it! I said cause he never mentioned it. Nothing against you Marcel, but I came to you in explaining what I received and what the condition of the saber. Why you had to bring it to the RPF for, was it to bash me some more in being honest, and trying to work this out like mature adults!? I'm not to sure the members want to hear this drama that you and me couldn't handle. Obviously I was wrong! You seemed like a cool guy to talk too! Again I'm sorry but I don't know where or what happened to your cracked bubble strip buddy!? That's why I emailed you right away about!!

Pictures of Graflex showing T-Tracks.

(JUNKYARD SALE). Marcel posted never mentioned anything about the Twizzler looking T-Tracks?! From the pictures he posted they seemed very bright looking images of the Graflex metal. The Graflex looked nice from what I saw in the Junkyard sale photos. I wanted to see the inside for rust, which he kindly sent images of. Still nothing mentioned to me saying the T-Tracks are really crooked!!

Last edited:
Ok so that's your version of the story !!
Seems you are sick a nice guy and I simply started ranting on you?
Doubt it you said why on earth would I taken the strip out , you kept insinuating that I kept it from you.
You were asking me about the vintage of the graflex!!!!!!
How on earth would I know this and then you started saying that how s it possible I don't know.
You have a very strange way of acting like a nice and polite person.
I also forward a message to Adam savage on Your behalf cause he wouldn't answer your email (I am surprised )
To see if I could help you link up for a purchase you wanted .
I don't know Adam that well so not sure why he would listen to me but now feel somewhat responsible should this be a recurring process of yours so I have stepped away from your name and made it known to him that I totally have no responsibility in forwarding your name to him.

I have been here for years always stepped up for thieves and people that took money from others .
These sold items and promises and people paid in good faith.
Check out my posts , regarding standing up for others , why would I keep a bubble strip when you paid me what I wanted ?
Isn't it possible that it could of dropped or simply now aren't happy with it and opened up a claim cause apparently there's a crack that appeared in your report but never anywhere mentioned.
Good luck with your future dealings.
Once the saber is back PayPal will release the money to you pretty much like I said from the start , but if the bubble strip isn't there
I will appeal the case and they do further investigating
I'm happy with that.
I have removed the name fezfox as I mistakenly copied the wrong m ember and apologised via email.
The name of the correct person charley kiehl was though mentioned above so please ignore the onscreen name of fezfox.
That guy has totally nothing to do with this
Marcel

This is the whole reason I asked if you took it out or forgot to put it back in after wrapping it up! Listen I was just asking and thought why would you take it out!? That's why I emailed you about getting it with out the cracked bubble strip Marcel!!! I never bashed you nor did I speak to you in a nasty way in our email. Just explaining like any other customer or buyer would do when they receive a item that was missing a part or wasn't described in the SALE POST! I'm sure your a nice guy and people who I have dealt with know me as well too! I wouldn't lie about something like this Marcel. Apparently you couldn't talk to me like an adult and work this out! Seriously this is just ridiculous that you had to bring this to the RPF!! This is not the place for this. Maybe if you would talk to me like a normal person we could work this out together. I said I believe you if your telling me about the cracked bubble strip being there when you wrapped it up and put it in the tube. When I explained it wasn't there and asked if you kept it, you went all crazy on me instead talking and figuring what happened. Still doesn't explain why you never mentioned the Twisted T-Tracks to me before purchasing this nor did you mention about it in your sale post!? When I mentioned about the T-Tracks you said that's the way you bought it. So you knew about it yet forgot to mention it when I asked about the Graflex having any thing else wrong with it. Seriously we can go back and forth about this all night. Fact is I was upfront and honest with you about the condition I received this Graflex. You can talk nasty about me all you want to everyone. Doesn't justify your actions in how you handled this whole thing inappropriately. When we could have discussed this after we both cooled our engines, like I was explaining earlier about you probably seeing the bubble strip on the clamp when you packaged it. Just wanted to resolve this and talk this out like adults, listen I don't know what happened to it!! Alll I know is when I pulled it out of the foam thin bag it clearly wasn't there!!! Then checking back on your last email to me, saying your going to take this to the RPF!!! This was between us Marcel yet you had to involve everyone else and for what?!

By the way Marcel you told me to open the claim through PayPal on your behalf, so you get back your money on the missing cracked bubble strip. Just so you correct yourself that it wasn't me who did this out of spite! You told me to do it!!! So don't get mad and through me under the bus. That's the normal thing to do when something is missing or broken.

Don't understand , I told you to open claim or is it normal to open claim when something is missing ?
Anyhow I felt I needed to tell my story in case you happen to deal with another person and be unfortunate that this may happen again as it seems to be revealing like.
I told you to open the claim and told you the money is still there because you took or lost the strip.
I don't have another original one to give you and wouldn't if I had.
if you didn't like the saber you could of returned it as received and I hav no issue returnignthe money.
You lashing out on the first email telling me why did I take it out is not my idea of trying to resolve?
For the record you emailed me more than 17 emails in the ten days it took to arrive followed by "did you get my email" which is another email.
You have no notion of time difference and if not replied in a 10 minute interval you think people a screwing you.

Should that be the case I recommend not buying from people that you cannot drive to get your item.

i Have had quite a few interactions (both purchasing and just talking) with marsattack and he has been a gentleman and extremely helpful, he's gone out of his way multiple times to help me out, give me advice and put up with my questions for no other reason than simple good will. More and more that is becoming uncommon, and its refreshing to interact with someone of his nature and integrity.

I have found with purchasing things from or sending things to the USA that the USA tracking system is not great. It shuts down on sundays, things don't get scanned in and go days or weeks with no update to then turn up or get scanned in another location because a scan was skipped. It is possibly the most unreliable postage tracking system I've come across.

I can also attest from my day job that it is quite common to open something your excited for, tear through the packaging and not notice something that has fallen loose or been attached to the packaging- to them assume it was never supplied. Its unbelievably common and standard human behaviour. It happens. A lot.

on a side note- i can't quite see the fault with the T-Tracks mentioned- whether that be because of the resolution of the photos on this thread i don't know, even looking at the original for sale thread with very clear pics.

But i can vouch for the integrity of Mars, He's one of the good ones.

I have a question marsattacks:

How good of a fit was the bubble strip in the saber when you sent it? Was it tight? Loose? Prone to falling out? If it was well packed as he stated, even with it loose it should be in the packaging and he just missed it. That's entirely plausible. Judging by the original pics it was tight enough to stay standing upright. So on that evidence I'd say not prone to just fall out... would you agree? If it was semi loose though, it's also equally plausible it fell out when you were packing it up and didn't notice.

So... there's really only two (and their variations below) scenarios (maybe a very unlikely third):

1. You shipped the bubble strip on the saber as shown. It fell out, and was lost upon opening. OR it was there and he's claiming it's not.

2. You either knowingly took the bubble strip out before shipping or it fell out on its own per the scenario I outlined previously. (again I'm not accusing... only stating the possibility of how the strip is missing)

3. this is the unlikely one: Customs opened it up... removed the strip... re-packed it and sent it on.

And for the benefit of this thread, I don't think the T track being slightly un-perfect in alignment is what I'd call "twizzler" shape. I've seen old rubber t track so jacked they look S shaped on sabers. No biggie. This looks reasonable and not a deal breaker in the slightest. But if you didn't represent them correctly when asked about the condition then that's a seller's foul ball.

Why don't one of you post the emails in chronological order? The conversation and character attacks should be plain to see, and your responses to each other will likely show us all who's saying what, and where the mixup is.

Since this is already a very public he-said/she-said (I know there's no she... it's just an expression), it would help to see what you guys actually said and maybe clear things up some???

Last edited:
He said... he said... situation. Always a tough one.

It wouldn't be the first time a seller shipped an item missing parts hoping the customer wouldn't notice.
Also, it wouldn't be the first time a buyer took off a part, claimed the item was not as described and demanded a refund.
And who is to say it wasn't inspected by customs and either it fell off or someone at customs knew what it was and took it off?

We may never know, but I will say I am inclined to doubt Marsattacks would do anything like that because I have had numerous dealing with him and he has earned his 100% feedback.

He said... he said... situation. Always a tough one.

It wouldn't be the first time a seller shipped an item missing parts hoping the customer wouldn't notice.
Also, it wouldn't be the first time a buyer took off a part, claimed the item was not as described and demanded a refund.
And who is to say it wasn't inspected by customs and either it fell off or someone at customs knew what it was and took it off?

We may never know, but I will say I am inclined to doubt Marsattacks would do anything like that because I have had numerous dealing with him and he has earned his 100% feedback.
Very possible that customs opened it & it fell off there.
I once sent a ship model to Houston from the UK, packed it myself. Went over, met it & unpacked it myself at the OTC Houston show & it had a miscellaneous box cutter rattling around in the crate that wasn't ours (all ours are Stanley brand).
You just don't know what happens to these things when they leave your care.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Charley reached out to me privately as I've built some props for him and I saw the emails, so since I've now been dragged into this I'll weigh in and bow out.

I think he came out of the gate swinging with accusations and that started the whole mess and took it WAY beyond what it needed to be.

I can totally see BOTH sides in the email chain. Charley can, to be fair, be very OCD about what he's buying and need lots of questions answered, but he's not a malicious person. He did come on super strong and overbearing in the emails, and had the tables been on my side, I might have been offended as well when the accusation came after receiving it that I (you) removed the bubble strip.

From his end, a simple "hey this bubble strip isn't here and I can't find it. By chance is it possible it fell out on your end before being shipped" could have had a TOTALLY different reaction from you, and possibly an easy conclusion. Same on your end. A "hey let me triple check here as I am sure I packed it and would not intend to shaft you or keep it" could have gone miles to dealing with the situation. His initial emails after receiving it are accusatory instead of inquisitive. I'd be severely annoyed too and I can see why your response was short. That said, you can tell he was nervous about the whereabouts of the same in transit, and gone the extra mile to allay any fears he had with a bit of choice responses.

I mean a chipped bubble strip isn't particularly valuable... I'd wager 40-50$ depending on how bad someone wanted it. So on either end after exhausting the search for the missing part, a partial refund or the very least a refund on the shipping costs (if extra was paid) would have been fair to ask for OR offer on either side.

Too late for that I guess.

I also don't think you were being deceiving, and this part is legitimately in one of two places... your house or his... or in the trash if the packaging has been tossed.

I really lament the fact my name was dragged into it at all in your private emails or mention in his response to you above... as I don't have a dog in this fight either way. You guys settle it however you see fit.

For whatever my .02 cents is worth, I think it was a simple mix up that got blown way the heck out of proportion. The solution could have been simple, but good old email, and exclamation points and poor choices of grammar and words lead you two down this path.

I don't think either of you are deceitful people and there was no intention on either end to be untrustworthy... but a lack of trust and some choice accusations made a mountain out of a mole-hill.

This is as neutral as I can be as the emails, showed a lot of name calling and degenerating into a schoolyard squabble. Uncalled for and unprofessional handling actually. But since no one seems to want to post those, let's stick to the facts.

- - - Updated - - -

Very possible that customs opened it & it fell off there.
I once sent a ship model to Houston from the UK, packed it myself. Went over, met it & unpacked it myself at the OTC Houston show & it had a miscellaneous box cutter rattling around in the crate that wasn't ours (all ours are Stanley brand).
You just don't know what happens to these things when they leave your care.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

this is true... I've had funky crap happen in customs.

Last edited:
Seems pretty straightforward to me, and really shouldn't have been brought here - that ends up looking bad for both sides. The bubble strip, as already pointed out, may have gone south under circumstances beyond anyone's 'fault'. It can't be proved either way. Marcel, you just need to refund the guy when you get the saber back, and eat the loss of the bubble strip. It's frustrating and annoying, but as the seller you are the one who has the most to lose from dents in rep.

The other guy isn't trying to defraud you, he just wasn't happy with what he got, and wants his money back. I don't believe that is your fault, or you did anything wrong, it's just the way it goes sometimes. Arguing it out here isn't going to change things and just looks bad. You both need to accept that this one didn't work out well, and get on with it.

Thank you scott and others for your input.
Much appreciated .
Birdie although I agree with you 100 percent that I will need to shut up and take the shipping loss and possibly the loss of sale to another .
I will however disagree with your thoughts about displaying this here .
You of all people would agree that feedback is everything as you mostly sell your pros on eBay so In a world of cyber dealings , knowing people from feedback can be generally used as a rule of thumb as to how the seller or buyer usually is so in this forum of about 40k ?? Members I would defenitly appreciate a quick read of feedback regarding a person.
Not an attack on you bu any means mate, just trying to help others make educated decisions on dealings with members.
End of the day each to their own and they ultimately make up their own minds.
I don't think anyone wants to be called a thief , I am defenitly not one and I do agree maybe this could of been handled better so we all learn something.
IMO nothing is wrong with this thread as many others here share or warn others of certain people.
Mars

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back