1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Sadly that seems to be the difference between the home improvement stores and a true lumber yard. Try finding six 2x4's that are all straight at a DIY store or try to find ANY that are actually dry! There is one other difference, $$$. You get what you pay for, as they say.

Sadly that seems to be the difference between the home improvement stores and a true lumber yard. Try finding six 2x4's that are all straight at a DIY store or try to find ANY that are actually dry! There is one other difference, $$$. You get what you pay for, as they say.

Hey K,

I couldn't agree with you more! I ALWAYS check the straightness of every piece of wood before purchase. I can go through 50+ 1x4s and find maybe 10% that are straight. But this ply thing was new to me. ZERO adhesive between the layers is odd. I also noticed severe bubbling in the wood on one side. It was just one of those days. We all have them and better to get it out of the way to make room for forward progress! :)

Even your "light weekends" are awesome, my friend.

To be really nerdy for a second:
Someone had said earlier that your Aurebesh is backwards, and I concur. The numbers are fine, and your letters are in the right order, but each letter is backwards.
This is (according to Wookieepedia) "Stephen Crane's original sample sheet of the first incarnation of the Aurebesh":
Crane_Aurebesh_sheet.jpg

Even your "light weekends" are awesome, my friend.

To be really nerdy for a second:

Someone had said earlier that your Aurebesh is backwards, and I concur. The numbers are fine, and your letters are in the right order, but each letter is backwards.
This is (according to Wookieepedia) "Stephen Crane's original sample sheet of the first incarnation of the Aurebesh":
View attachment 742569

Hey B,

Thanks! It was a frustrating weekend. But gotta laugh it off!

I'm not sure how that's possible. I "right justified" the text then converted to a CAD file format. Unless something happened during that conversion? Very Odd! UNLESS it's the actual Font that was installed?

Last edited:
Hey B,

I'm not sure how that's possible. I "right justified" the text then converted to a CAD file format. Unless something happened during that conversion? Very Odd! UNLESS it's the actual Font that was installed?

I have noticed that some of the Aurebesh fonts use reversed letters to represent lower-case text, so it's entirely possible you have one of those fonts. Try all caps, maybe?

Hey Mister SK

so let's find some positive to talk about...

first: I like your wire connector in red.. maybe one or two in dark blue too...they're so cute!!!! LOL

second: I like the new greebie (those three circles one) to go in the "all circle wholes" panel

Third: for your unpainted panels i like the idea of the dark metallic color... Maybe applied lightly on a black base? I think it,s a good idea to make them stand out a little. Like it was made on purpose from scraps here and there... with all the years of repairs she had endured... and with the metallic finish it will make it more of a "metal iron" feel.. instead of a black paint for set staging... It's hard for me to express what I trying to say in english... in french would be so much easier!! LOL Oh well it can,t be easy all the time!!!

Still i'm not sure about the 1" tiles on the grill thingy... my mind always connect those tiles with a button to push... so i don't think that tiles on a grill under an handle works for me!! But hey who am I to say? I'm a just a distant admirer!!!

And this week-end was a full moon so it,s not your fault if you didn,t do as much as you liked!! LOL

Can,t wait for the next update!!!! I'm so crazy i check in everyday... just in case .. you never know!!!! LOL

I had the situation before when you bring in files into the cutter software they can come in inverted. With just shapes, you'd never know. Only when things like text are imported would it become apparent.

Great progress too :)

I had the situation before when you bring in files into the cutter software they can come in inverted. With just shapes, you'd never know. Only when things like text are imported would it become apparent.

Great progress too :)

Hey R,

Thanks so much! We had a LOT of issues with DXF files coming in at a different scale, lines missing, extra lines, etc. when we used the older laser cutter h/w and s/w - not many issues at all with the new setup. Unless fonts are converted to shapes the s/w wont even load the font - the DXF filter drops it from the conversion completely.

I'm hoping its' something as simple as the Font being a bit screwy. I'll figure it out. :)

I was about to say the same thing! The greeblies look great!

Thanks, FF! I've been having fun with the wiring and adding those finishing touches on the entrance panels. The inspiration come from the TFA 1/6th Scale Hot Toys cockpit. I'm cleaning my version up a bit trying to give some control to the chaos. There were many more hoses and wiring harnesses in the TFA film version that I'm choosing to stay away from. I still have a few more ideas brewing and then we can check that off the list! :)

Hey Mister SK

so let's find some positive to talk about...

first: I like your wire connector in red.. maybe one or two in dark blue too...they're so cute!!!! LOL

second: I like the new greebie (those three circles one) to go in the "all circle wholes" panel

Third: for your unpainted panels i like the idea of the dark metallic color... Maybe applied lightly on a black base? I think it,s a good idea to make them stand out a little. Like it was made on purpose from scraps here and there... with all the years of repairs she had endured... and with the metallic finish it will make it more of a "metal iron" feel.. instead of a black paint for set staging... It's hard for me to express what I trying to say in english... in french would be so much easier!! LOL Oh well it can,t be easy all the time!!!

Still i'm not sure about the 1" tiles on the grill thingy... my mind always connect those tiles with a button to push... so i don't think that tiles on a grill under an handle works for me!! But hey who am I to say? I'm a just a distant admirer!!!

And this week-end was a full moon so it,s not your fault if you didn,t do as much as you liked!! LOL

Can,t wait for the next update!!!! I'm so crazy i check in everyday... just in case .. you never know!!!! LOL

Hey There Mr D,

LOL! Thanks. I'm having fun with the wire connectors. I wound up having to cut all the zip ties from the red pipe when I removed all the panels. There wasn't a break in the wiring harness so Scott and I will be adding that very much needed male/female connector so I can make assembly much easier - more on that later! :)

Thanks! I went round and round with that circular design. I'm considering adding another but I dont want the area to get too cluttered with greeblies. But when you look at certain screen shots of MF interior the designers added a greeblies everywhere so I think I'm safe for now. I also considered adding another red pipe (or another color) but again... it might get too cluttered.

The different color panel(s) has been on my mind for some time now as that one panel has remained unpainted. I'm DEF going to try the different color on said panel first. If it works out then I'll paint 2 more (tops). Not sure which ones but I still have the upper capstone panel to paint as well.

Speaking of the capstone panel, I have an idea brewing for that particular panel that I think will work. The TFA version has nothing there (from what we can tell) but a blank empty panel so I'm tinkering with the idea of cutting a large opening and countersinking a large assortment of greeblies to include wires, pipes, etc. It would be very similar to one of the round exterior mandible openings - not the exact layout but the overall amount of greeblies. I DEF want to use real world, aircraft and automotive parts to decorate the area. Making greeblies fun but the use of real world parts adds to the realism. Something like this...

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=...F97D9B!371&parId=42FCBD96E1F97D9B!225&o=OneUp

or

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=...F97D9B!271&parId=42FCBD96E1F97D9B!225&o=OneUp

You're not crazy! I'm the crazy one... ;)

Thanks you again for the kind words and the continued support. It is very much appreciated. :)

slightly different idea for some of the panels for covering silver foil or similar only saying this as could crinkle it up and even have edges flap slightly so appears really warn.

loosebruce

Hey Gang,

Looking at the pics of all the wiring harnesses... Do you guys think they should painted a solid color like a red or a silver or both instead of all the different colors? Yes, in the real world all the colors would be different but this isn't the real world and does it make sense to have fun with it? ;)

Last edited:
slightly different idea for some of the panels for covering silver foil or similar only saying this as could crinkle it up and even have edges flap slightly so appears really warn.

loosebruce

Hey LB,

I like that! I think the panels might be a bit too large but adding foil to some of the greeblies is a GREAT idea! :)

at that point... I gave up on the weekend, went back to the shop and cleaned up my area, arranged tools, etc...

:facepalm

A wise man knows when its time to take a step back and put down his tools. One of the biggest things any maker struggles with. Props to you for the excellent work and patience

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back