Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

Thanks for the info. It was determined from piecing together the Celebration photos, that the clamp is moving around, correct?

And just from the movie/set photos. Here's one with the d-ring opposite the clamp card:

7-Luke.jpg

When you said free spinning, I thought you were worried that the clamp would slide around on its own.

Was more asking what others did and what is accurate. Just curiosity.

I'm guessing it was loose enough to spin, but not so loose that it could start sliding up into the ringed area? It feels like there would need to be something else there keeping it from sliding further up the length when hanging on a belt.

Last edited:
I used gaffer's tape cut into three thin strips that sit under the clamp to keep it from being so loose. I figured might as well if it's already been used on the neck.

Was more asking what others did and what is accurate. Just curiosity.

I'm guessing it was loose enough to spin, but not so loose that it could start sliding up into the ringed area? It feels like there would need to be something else there keeping it from sliding further up the length when hanging on a belt.

i would think the tightness of the lever will keep it in place and allow you to position it as you please with a quick flip of the lever. I don't know this for a fact but I would think the the different positions of the clamp were either to allow for a more comfort fit on the belt or simply the prop guys not caring about continuity. I don't think it was loose enough to more effortlessly on its own.

Not at all. Mine is tight enough to grip the saber body with the tabs removed.

You guys know the pommel spun right? The D ring vs. the clamp is not going to be a very constructive way to go

I positioned everything by havinz a close look at the paint in the different pictures.
Used Photoshop to draw some lines to position th pommel with D-ring and mystery chunk correctly. After that I had to choose from the two clamp positions which can be seen on the pictures.

And just in case anyone missed it, Dan is doing his second run! Hop in before he closes the list!
I'm also doing stencils again if you need a set to go with it.

Amazing! What is it? How did you find this gem?

Ironically, I was looking for rounded 22/44 pin connectors for TFA sabers. I have the space between the leads memorized so I can blow through sites like ebay and pick out the correct ones. I saw this and went right to it. Not a match for any saber, sadly. I think it was a ridiculous amount of money though too, and not worth picking up just for a custom card. The ONE thing about it was the similarity to the V2 board so I made sure to screencap it. Took me forever to remember to post it though :)

I'd like to add that every card, so far, seems to be off either an industrial control board with long runs and right angles in the silver lead pattern or an extension card that runs straight from the socket to connector right down the board. That will give you those straight thin lines.

What am I missing? The dimensions on the V groove cylinder dont seem to add up. When I add up all the dimensions I end up 2.5 mm short of the 77 mm.

I am referring to the dimensions on the bluprint that shows up earlier in this thread.

This blueprint.

http://lightsaber.s17.xrea.com/lightsaber/column/20030226/luke_ep6_hero1.jpg

Last edited:
Ironically, I was looking for rounded 22/44 pin connectors for TFA sabers. I have the space between the leads memorized so I can blow through sites like ebay and pick out the correct ones. I saw this and went right to it. Not a match for any saber, sadly. I think it was a ridiculous amount of money though too, and not worth picking up just for a custom card. The ONE thing about it was the similarity to the V2 board so I made sure to screencap it. Took me forever to remember to post it though :)

How close then, do you think we got with my V2 layout? It seems to match pretty well. Should I adjust anything?

So I've been googling for hours and I seem to have found 3 somewhat accurate sets of blueprints for lukes saber. 1 is the hero plan I believe it was done by Darth Saber it seems to be missing some dimensions, and others don't seem to add up. There is also the stunt model which I believe is also done by Darth Saber, it seems accurate and has all dimensions. Then there is the hero model by Martin Taylor, it seems a little less accurate to me. My questions are, is there an agreed upon model to be most accurate? Where do the people who do reproductions and part runs get their dimensions? Is this a well kept secret by the makers? I am looking to make an accurate hero model where can I find good dimensions?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Starkiller gets his measurements from a wooden master that was used to cast all the stunt sabers, as far as I recollect. By those standards, his is the most accurate when it comes to the V2.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back