Planet Explorer

You crack me up always, Mikeee-san.

Ok, It's nothing exciting pics but here are the progress of today.

I've started to build the body of the vehicle.

Making a ceilling of mid deck.

As you've seen before, I used this technique again.

Sandwich the sheet plastic with a plywood pieces and heat up with a butan burner.
The sheet plastic will soon be bending with it's weighth of cramps.
You'll have enough time to fix it to the right angle.

Thanks for looking

Katsu

Last edited:
It looked nice as interior shots progressed and the exterior is fantastic!
Too bad we won't see the view from those windows anytime soon in real life.

If I worked every day at ILM or Weta Workshop, I'd still think this was exciting. I enjoy every update...

Thanks Tom-san.
It may take another few months to be finished and I hope you are not tired of my slow build.

Great update! Love your trick with plexiglass.

Thanks Snow Builder-san
That's the most simple and easy way to bend those plexie nicely.

Can't wait to see your next post.

Always looking better and better.

Thank you Randy-san! Well, I go check how your beast is going.

I think my favorite parts of your builds are you sharing your techniques. It's always a learning experience along with the awe inspiring results.

Thanks Mikeee-san
It's nothing a big deal to pay back to your constant support.
And also some one might make it better than me so that I can enjoy another good build.

It looked nice as interior shots progressed and the exterior is fantastic!
Too bad we won't see the view from those windows anytime soon in real life.

:lolThank you very much, MKWJTC-san (Is this a radio call sigin?:wacko)

I agree, let's just imagine for now.

Thanks,

Katsu

:lolThank you very much, MKWJTC-san (Is this a radio call sigin?:wacko)

Katsu

Yeah, every one asks, first two are from my names, third for my dad's name, last for surname. JT is for one starship captain, that introduced me to sci-fi one day 20+ years ago, as communism fell and the TV was liberated for re-runs, or first runs.

Yeah, every one asks, first two are from my names, third for my dad's name, last for surname. JT is for one starship captain, that introduced me to sci-fi one day 20+ years ago, as communism fell and the TV was liberated for re-runs, or first runs.

:lolGot it!

Just Beautiful my master.

Gag

Thanks Gag-san, the master of the master!!

Iv'e got no words left accept your awesome man!:)

That IS good enough words for me! it's all thanks to your support.

Here are some progress of today.

Cut up the roof for windows

lighting test

Then i cut the plexiglass.

Put some masking tape to cover up the plexi and marked.
And carefully cut it out with a circle saw and fit to the window.

Thank you very much, ladies(None?) and gentlemen.

katsu

Wow. I'm still following your incredible work, Katsu-san. Though I may not say it much, I am still truly in awe of your amazing skills and creativity. Plus the fact that even though it seems that most of your builds are made up as you go along, they still end up so beautiful and that much more fantastic.

Keep up the great work!!

could you stop making this look so easy Katsu-son, "accidentally" cut off a finger or something.

great work as always!

Don't be afraid. I've lost some of my fingers but you can make it with the rest of them.:D

Thanks always

Wow. I'm still following your incredible work, Katsu-san. Though I may not say it much, I am still truly in awe of your amazing skills and creativity. Plus the fact that even though it seems that most of your builds are made up as you go along, they still end up so beautiful and that much more fantastic.

Keep up the great work!!

Thank you for keep following my work and your kind words, hikarub-san.
I will post next soon.

katsu

It may take another few months to be finished and I hope you are not tired of my slow build.

The journey is at least as enjoyable as the destination.

The only sign you've given that you're actually human and not a model-building robot are the pictures where you numbered both the windows and the cutouts in order to keep everything in the right spots. I've done that many times on projects, because when I don't, I usually end up regretting it.

Those wheels (?) look good on the ceiling as light fixtures.

I'm curious as to why you chose to make the sides slightly asymmetrical (one having a 90 degree corner, and the other a sloped edge).

-MJ

https://store.usps.com/store/browse...p?productId=S_589804&categoryId=nature-stamps

Oh, thanks for asking. Mike-san,

That was supposed to be symmetrical. When I build the labo room a few month ago, I found it's so tight to set those equipments that I wanted them to be all in there.
So I gave up and build it like that. I warried a bit at first but some working ground vihicle are not always symmetrical, so I thought it might be interesting as it is.

The journey is at least as enjoyable as the destination.

The only sign you've given that you're actually human and not a model-building robot are the pictures where you numbered both the windows and the cutouts in order to keep everything in the right spots. I've done that many times on projects, because when I don't, I usually end up regretting it.

You are right, Tom-san,
That marking came out from my bitter experiences.XD
If you didn't do that, you will mixed up which one goes where or it might be upside down.

Mike-san, Tom-san,
I am so pleased to know that you are looking at my work so carefully and with close attentions. That is one of the very best moment that I feel great as a modeler posting on this site.

Thanks again!

katsu

No matter how much or how little progress you've made, I always love to see your updates. I kind of feel like a kid at Christmas and seeing each of your photos is like opening a new present.

Here just a little progress.

After I shot these pics, I found a large crack on the angled window.:eek
May be it was made when I used a circle saw. The height of the blade was inappropriate (too high maybe).
I should be more careful.:facepalm

I have to replace it :cry

Thanks for looking!

katsu
Thanks for looking anyway.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back