Rogue One is NOT First Anthology Film.. Is it?

PropReplicator2

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I'm seeing posts across Facebook and social media that Rogue One is amazing and "set history being the first Star Wars Anthology Film".

I know it seems like a wierd thing to pick at but it ISNT the first Anthology Film set in the Star Wars Universe, is it? This is more of a question than a statement.

Not many people will, but who remembers these movies?:
527d8032e6a637c2661c687f1f5065cc.jpg

I loved the wicket/ewok adventure films. Of course, it was just these two but they were a great part of my childhood and I still love them today!

Once again, I'm not trying to cause a problem at all. I am asking this more as a question rather than stating this. This isnt me being nitpicky at people that liked Rogue One, because I loved it. But don't forget about these films and others that may have been lost in the past.

Alex

Last edited:
Re: Rogue One is NOT First Anthology Film..

This was TOTALLY posted in the wrong section!![emoji38]
This! Is why I don't do posts off of my phone. My bad guys.

I'm aware of the existence of these movies, though they came out a few years before I was born and I haven't ever actually viewed them.

Are you saying they're worth watching? This is... somewhat different from what I have always read/heard about them, to put things politely.

I'm aware of the existence of these movies, though they came out a few years before I was born and I haven't ever actually viewed them.

Are you saying they're worth watching? This is... somewhat different from what I have always read/heard about them, to put things politely.
The Battle for Endor is good. Its kind of like watching Willow (if you have seen that). The Caravan of Courage is a decent one. Not the best in the world but they were made wayyy better than the holiday special lol.

Haha Rogue One is the first Anthology film that anyone wants to publicly acknowledge :lol Did the Ewok flicks get theatrical release? I didn't see them until well into the 90s (where I was appropriately nauseated). I feel like Clone Wars counts too. Animated or not, it's canon, and it had a theatrical release. And though it took a shellacking at the box office, the show went on to much critical and fan acclaim (GOD how I wanted Ahsoka in R1!)

Haha Rogue One is the first Anthology film that anyone wants to publicly acknowledge [emoji38] Did the Ewok flicks get theatrical release? I didn't see them until well into the 90s (where I was appropriately nauseated).
Neither of them went through theaters but we're sent directly through stores. I loved these films. I'm not saying that you HAVE to love them or anything like that. I was simply showing that Rogue One wasn't the first Anthology Film. I also don't mean to sound bitter about it either if you took it that way.

Alex

Just to be clear, they were originally basic cable TV movies that aired in the '80s. They are not what we think of today as "direct to DVD/blu-ray" movies.

I remember watching both and did not care for them but then I was in my mid teens when they came out and not a 5 year old kid.

Last edited:

I remember hearing that Caravan was promoted as a fourth Star Wars movie in Japan.... I got this from my friend who grew up there.

I loved it as a kid. Scared the crap out of me.

Not sure the quality now though....

I remember hearing that Caravan was promoted as a fourth Star Wars movie in Japan.... I got this from my friend who grew up there.

I loved it as a kid. Scared the crap out of me.

Not sure the quality now though....
The quality is crap compared to now but I loved the stories behind these:)

Next you'll be saying some of the fan movies are in the realm of SW legitimate linage:lol

Next you'll be saying some of the fan movies are in the realm of SW legitimate linage[emoji38]
As stated before, if you read the whole first post, you will notice that I said this is more of a question rather than a statement. But maybe you didn't see that before so I changed the title so it won't be AS misleading as before.

well, I have to say I really like both of the ewok movies too. of course I hate ewoks, ... these things are trooper killers! but at least I watched them also as a child and they worked very well for me. pretty spooky for a child.

well, I have to say I really like both of the ewok movies too. of course I hate ewoks, ... these things are trooper killers! but at least I watched them also as a child and they worked very well for me. pretty spooky for a child.
Don't worry about the troopers.. your fett remember?[emoji6]

So I'm seeing posts across Facebook and social media that Rogue One is amazing and "set history being the first Star Wars Anthology Film".

I know it seems like a wierd thing to pick at but it ISNT the first Anthology Film set in the Star Wars Universe, is it? This is more of a question than a statement.

I think it is meant to be "first theatrical release" making it the first Star Wars Anthology Film in cinemas.

The Holiday Special edition, and the two Ewoks film all were either TV specials for straight to video.

Rogue One is the first to be a proper CinemaScope, full length feature film. That said, it should have had some version of a crawl. Even the animated Clone Wars movie has narration to set up the scene.

We got this

attachment.php

We should have also got this

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1933853_10153808071398841_1354866427392356706_n.jpg
    1933853_10153808071398841_1354866427392356706_n.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 273
  • 12321170_10153808071998841_6561185695257994208_n.jpg
    12321170_10153808071998841_6561185695257994208_n.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
I think it is meant to be "first theatrical release" making it the first Star Wars Anthology Film in cinemas.

The Holiday Special edition, and the two Ewoks film all were either TV specials for straight to video.

Rogue One is the first to be a proper CinemaScope, full length feature film. That said, it should have had some version of a crawl. Even the animated Clone Wars movie has narration to set up the scene.

We got this

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=691522&d=1482187572

We should have also got this

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=691523&d=1482187601
This is what confused me. None of the Ewok films had a opening crawl or any opening sequence like the main Starwars Films, but neither did Rogue One.

The Holiday Special was made to be a TV special only but I wasn't sure about the Ewok Movies.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back