My Star Wars helmets workbench

Holy crap! I've worked a lot of styrene for a long long time and have never ever seen anyone skin anything like this. It is completely crazy and the result looks amazing! You sir are a talented and patient man. :)

Extremely impressive work. They look very accurate, love the sharp details on them too. Have you molded and cast any of these?

Hi guys. Thanks for all the replies.

Holy crap! I've worked a lot of styrene for a long long time and have never ever seen anyone skin anything like this. It is completely crazy and the result looks amazing! You sir are a talented and patient man. :)

Hi Pedro. I promised myself this would be the last helmet I'll model out of styrene. I think I've sanded enough styrene to last a couple of lifetimes.

Extremely impressive work. They look very accurate, love the sharp details on them too. Have you molded and cast any of these?

Hi Eifon. I haven't molded any of them yet. I'd like to finish them all before i start molding.

Last edited:
Finally got around to molding and casting the Boba Fett helmet. Cast mostly in Smooth-on Smooth Cast 305. The ear cap attaches magnetically to the ear piece which contains a spring and metal ball mechanism for the RF stalk.

Boba Fett 001.jpgBoba Fett 002.jpgBoba Fett 003.jpgBoba Fett 004.jpgBoba Fett 005.jpgBoba Fett 006.jpgBoba Fett 007.jpgBoba Fett 008.jpgBoba Fett 021.jpgBoba Fett 022.jpg

Now that is great detailing work, well done !, I am growing fond of fetts helmet.

Wow! Beautiful Boba helmet, well done! I like what you've done with the RF stalk, are the metal balls and springs strong enough to hold the stalk upright without it easily falling?

Wow! Beautiful Boba helmet, well done! I like what you've done with the RF stalk, are the metal balls and springs strong enough to hold the stalk upright without it easily falling?

Hi RetiredClone. Thanks. The stalk does stay upright but my springs are a little soft so there is a little bit of movement. A harder springs should keep it tight enough so the stalk doesn't move.

Hi RetiredClone. Thanks. The stalk does stay upright but my springs are a little soft so there is a little bit of movement. A harder springs should keep it tight enough so the stalk doesn't move.
Thanks, that sounds good. I've been looking for a good, manual and non-servo way to use the rangefinder in my own helmet so this is great inspiration :)

Here are some photos of the X-wing Pilot helmet I am currently working on. The construction is basically the same as the other helmets I've made out of styrene. The support structure is made from 2mm styrene and the skin is made from layers of 1mm styrene. The plan was to construct an APH base helmet first and then add everything onto the base. I completely forgot to take pics of the construction of the mohawk. Here are a couple of pics of the construction of the APH base and ramshorn visor housing.
X-wing Helmet 002.jpgX-wing Helmet 003.jpgX-wing Helmet 011.jpgX-wing Helmet 013.jpgX-wing Helmet 014.jpgX-wing Helmet 017.jpgX-wing Helmet 018.jpgX-wing Helmet 023.jpgX-wing Helmet 024.jpgX-wing Helmet 025.jpgX-wing Helmet 033.jpgX-wing Helmet 030.jpgX-wing Helmet 028.jpgX-wing Helmet 027.jpgX-wing Helmet 026.jpgX-wing Helmet 035.jpgX-wing Helmet 034.jpg

Attachments

• X-wing Helmet 022.jpg
    X-wing Helmet 022.jpg
    563.4 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
I plan on vacforming the outer shell that goes over the base helmet with the visor attached to the base helmet. There are a couple more things to do like the edge trim and screw covers but this is more or less the final look.
View attachment 644012View attachment 644013View attachment 644014View attachment 644015View attachment 644016View attachment 644017View attachment 644018View attachment 644019View attachment 644020View attachment 644025View attachment 644024View attachment 644023View attachment 644022View attachment 644021View attachment 644026

I welcome any questions and critiques.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back