Kylo Ren Hasbro Force FX Lightsaber

If anyone wants to sell the force FX Kylo Saber, please let me know. I need one for comic-con and they are becoming very hard to find in person.

Finally found this today thanks to my local collecting group! Love the metal hilt and to be honest it's smaller than I expected. I doubt it's oversized at all from the hero prop...

I doubt it's oversized at all from the hero prop...

Unless Adam Driver's hands are as large as Andre' the Giant's, I'm gonna have to say you're wrong. I have the Kylo Ren Force FX lightsaber. I also have about every pic I could find of the Kylo Ren lightsaber prop that was displayed at Celebration Anaheim. I've paid close attention to frames I exported from the Apple QuickTime 1080p version of the trailers (which are the best available) which I then lightened by adjusting the brightness and contrast. There's no way the Force FX version is the same size as the screen used version when it comes to diameters (I could care less about length and width right now). The Force FX version is larger on ALL diameters, especially the main hilt areas where it's insanely larger. I'd bet $100 that the reason it's larger in diameter is because it's made from die-cast metal which is a very weak metal. They had to make it larger/thicker to be strong enough to withstand moderate dueling.

Last edited:
The celebration hilt is clearly a stunt hilt not the Hero saber which is probably a fair amount larger. On the Entertainment Weekly cover it doesn't look like his hands completely fit around the hilt.

The celebration hilt is clearly a stunt hilt not the Hero saber which is probably a fair amount larger. On the Entertainment Weekly cover it doesn't look like his hands completely fit around the hilt.

I believe the general consensus on this forum is that is was cast from the hero prop. If so, that would make it the same size. Also, wearing gloves would cause the hand to not close around the hilt as tightly as bare-handed.

I'm quite sure the top half is indeed larger in diameter than 1.5" (which is the average hilt diameter in the custom saber "industry") but not the frikkin' 2.019" that the Hasbro Force FX version is (the middle section of the Force FX saber is 1.802" which is over 1-3/4"). I personally think that the version in the first teaser is more like 1-5/8" or 1-3/4" in dia. for the top section and 1-3/8" or 1-1/2" in dia. for the middle section.

Here's a good image that supports my measurement guesses. It's from the first teaser...

Kylo_Ren_Lightsaber-1st_Teaser.jpg~original

Last edited:
No way the celebration stunt hilt is cast from the hero, the details don't match up to the saber he's holding in the life size standee or to the hilt on the Hot Toys figure. More than likely the stunt was designed to be more comfortable to hold and done realatively quickly as a 3D printed object that was then molded and cast, it was probably used in some scenes as a belt hanger as well since it would be light weight.

I checked on target.com DAILY for this saber since Force Friday. Well, randomly one store in a 100 mile radius had it IN STOCK on Monday. I quickly ordered it at 9:00am and it should have been ready in hours. Well, it wasn't.. I called the store and they said "sorry, we forgot to do online orders today... the one we had sold but there should hopefully be another on the truck tonight". I waited... and yesterday I got my email that it was ready for pickup! I asked for 25% off considering the hassle/mistake and was granted the price adjustment. Super happy with the saber and I got it for $150 at Target which matched my calendars.com order after coupon.

No way the celebration stunt hilt is cast from the hero, the details don't match up to the saber he's holding in the life size standee or to the hilt on the Hot Toys figure. More than likely the stunt was designed to be more comfortable to hold and done realatively quickly as a 3D printed object that was then molded and cast, it was probably used in some scenes as a belt hanger as well since it would be light weight.

You believe you're right, I believe I'm right. At this time, neither of us can prove who's right or wrong. I stand by my statements just as I'm sure you stand by yours.

I normally don't have faith in mankind's competence, but this time I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to the lightsaber prop maker by believing he/she would not be so stupid, ignorant and incompetent enough to make a hero version of a lightsaber so bulky as to make it a worthless piece of crap. Maybe I'm just believing what I want to believe instead of the truth, like so many other people in this world... but all the evidence I have seen so far, even the Entertainment Weekly cover (which has some motion blur around the hands/lightsaber which prevents one from accurately judging the scale), convinces me that I'm right.

I normally don't have faith in mankind's competence, but this time I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to the lightsaber prop maker by believing he/she would not be so stupid, ignorant and incompetent enough to make a hero version of a lightsaber so bulky as to make it a worthless piece of crap. Maybe I'm just believing what I want to believe instead of the truth, like so many other people in this world... but all the evidence I have seen so far, even the Entertainment Weekly cover (which has some motion blur around the hands/lightsaber which prevents one from accurately judging the scale), convinces me that I'm right.

Wow...

Oops, did I type that out loud? Er, um, I mean all humans are wonderful at all times and know what they are doing at all times... and we don't have plans on blowing up your planet to make room for a hyper spatial express route through the star system.

:D

Last edited:
So has anyone seen the Luke yet? That is the one I really wanted, but I might hold out for a Finn version at this point.

rnbuda, so to verify the Kylo Ren FX is actually metal and not plastic. I have the box sitting in my room unopended because of the mixed reaction of everyone. I have the Disney version as well and thinking I could give it a new paint job. But do you thing the FX is worth keeping?

Last edited by a moderator:
@rnbuda, so to verify the Kylo Ren FX is actually metal and not plastic. I have the box sitting in my room unopended because of the mixed reaction of everyone. I have the Disney version as well and thinking I could give it a new paint job. But do you thing the FX is worth keeping?
It's metal(as noted on the box). Imo it is worth keeping. It's a fun toy and the people I've shown have been thoroughly impressed.

I just got my vader saber in today I havent opened it yet but hopefully it came out awesome, luke is tough to find right now even for pre order.

BBT has it but only if you pre order all 3 they sold out luke in singles which suck.

@benhs1898, thanks for the info, I never even noticed it noted metal on the box. I just blindly grabbed it and Target gladly took my money. rnbuda thanks man, it really helps. Now the temptation is greater to open it

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back