Doc Brown's framed inventor photos

dtavres

Hi all,

I'm trying to track down the frames that Doc Brown has on his mantle. The frames, not the pictures.

They look like 11x14 prints, in a 1.5inch wide brown walnut frame. I'm hoping there are pre-made frames like this out there, as I don't want to pay $100+ per frame for custom made. (For that matter, I don't want to pay $50 per frame either!)

Anyone have leads? Thanks!

BTTF, Back to the Future, frames, framed, inventors, scientists, mantle, fireplace, Edison, Einstein, Newton, Franklin
attachment.php

Attachments

• BTTF-It Can't Be Done.jpg
    BTTF-It Can't Be Done.jpg
    372.3 KB · Views: 3,749
Thanks Doc :)

I know I've done the same thing though... that whole 'reading' thing is over-rated sometimes :) lol

Last edited:
I followed the link but only saw the pictures. Did that thread also contain info on the frames, which is what the original poster is asking for?

Alex

Thanks Doc :)

I know I've the same thing though... that whole 'reading' thing is over-rated sometimes :) lol
:lol oops! I must admit I just went based on the title. It made it sound like he was looking for the photos.
I am just getting used to seeing so many people ask before searching that I just assumed... Sorry :wacko
As for the frames, you could probably get some simple profile molding from a hardware store. Maybe some form of trim molding? Might be a good place to start a project like this, although I don't know if trim has that grain. I know you stated you don't want custom pricing but sadly it need to be custom made. But I don't think it would cost upwards of $100 a frame though.

I still think a moulding could work. It is cheap and all you need to do is miter corners, but the grain is going to be the problem.
I found this:
image.jpg

But maybe you could skip custom frame shops and buy some good grained wood and find someone to router cut the wood to give it the curved top. Then stain it and add a wax coat or some satin poly to give it a finished look. This way you can control what wood and amount of grain you get. Just a thought.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back