Who owns the oldest screen used prop ?

The Navarre sword is cool!!!! I love that movie.

My 2 oldest screen used I think are helmets- A UV Decontamination helmet from The Andromeda Strain (1971) and the helmet worn by Harvey Keitel in Saturn 3 (1980). Will add pics when I get home-

Very cool thread-

Doc

The Navarre sword is cool!!!! I love that movie.

My 2 oldest screen used I think are helmets- A UV Decontamination helmet from The Andromeda Strain (1971) and the helmet worn by Harvey Keitel in Saturn 3 (1980). Will add pics when I get home-

Very cool thread-

Doc

Can't wait to see the pics
Anybody know who owns Hector the robot from Saturn 3 , he was such a cool robot ?

I seem to remember he was at Blackpool Pleasure beach (at the end of one of the rides) sometime in the late 80s early 90s

Last edited:
Some pics:
helmet4.jpg

helmet3.jpg

Helmet2.jpg

Helmet1.jpg

And not the best photo but Saturn 3 pilot helmet-

saturn3web.jpg

Doc

I got a panel from the CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND space ship.

A little over 30 years old?

Its about 30 inches across...will get pics.

I have many pieces of Armour from the 1949 Samson and Delilah and Armour from the 1959 Ben Hur. Plus a arm piece from Colossus of New York (1958)

I need to do a bit more research in to this piece but the provenance isn't bad on it and it appears to match up very well, down to the scratches on the neck, to the shorter version that is seen on screen.

Crassus' baton used by Laurence Olivier in Spartacus (1960). Apologies to the poor picture, camera is on the blink.
Crassus baton.jpg

My oldest artifact is a Lumiere short film in it's original container. The Lumiere Brothers were the first to produce and project films for an admission fee starting in 1895. Most were of actual events like a train coming into a station or people leaving a large factory. This 1897 film is a staged production that shows three hobos fighting for a cigar butt in "Le Cigare Introuvable".
LumiereFilm-1.png

My oldest costume is Erich Von Stroheim's military jodhpurs and silk undershirt from THE WEDDING MARCH (1928) which he also directed. Billed as "the man you love to hate", he was removed from nearly every film he directed for cost and footage excesses. This is actually his most complete effort, in spite of the film being cut in half with only the first part released in this country.

Von.pngWeddingMarchWC.jpg

My kingdom for his coat!

rick

My oldest artifact is a Lumiere short film in it's original container. The Lumiere Brothers were the first to produce and project films for an admission fee starting in 1895. Most were of actual events like a train coming into a station or people leaving a large factory. This 1897 film is a staged production that shows three hobos fighting for a cigar butt in "Le Cigare Introuvable".

My oldest costume is Erich Von Stroheim's military jodhpurs and silk undershirt from THE WEDDING MARCH (1928) which he also directed. Billed as "the man you love to hate", he was removed from nearly every film he directed for cost and footage excesses. This is actually his most complete effort, in spite of the film being cut in half with only the first part released in this country.

rick

Lumiere film = Spectacular! Artifact is the right word. Very nice piece of history. Take care of that one.

I have a "chunk" of the ten commandments prop from the 1923 version of the film produced by Cecil B DeMillne, its so old and ...well falling apart its in a saftey deposit bos, also got letter from Demille himself explaining how it was made etc.. dated somtime in 1956 either just before or just after the release of the remake with Charlton Heston, Also got a presskit from that movie too,, a great man that I will always miss

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back