The Propstop has an exclusive look at Profiles October Hollywood catalog

I think the origin of the misunderstanding about the length and duration of THE EXPENDABLES sale is the 'poster' that is within the PR:
View attachment 375781

It was my first impression, until I noticed that the other areas of the sale had the same dates. Certainly, no biggie.

Totally understandable Rick. However, two photos were included in my original thread with text clearly stating that both the Hollywood #65 and Expendables auctions were taking place Oct 17th-20th. If someone only saw the one photo you referenced it is totally understandable how they may have thought that.

The September 9th post soumakis made said they understood the auction for Expendables was for one day, yet on September 11th said, "now it's only one day instead of three". I was curious why he/she said that when on the 9th already had their answer.

Thanks for agreeing with me about it being no biggie, I totally agree :thumbsup.

I am interested in hearing more from Mark regarding his exciting exclusive :cool.

Mark.

Did PIH email or provide you their work in progress PDF auction catalog (part 1) with unfinished photos, descriptions, and lot numbers before it was ready to be seen publicly for your article? If not, who did?

I first saw that artwork on the PIH site in their slideshow, and jumped to that conclusion until the next slide came into view - not in the thread here. Same dynamic at work; it was my first impression and they tend to be the lasting ones. I also will admit that when I thought this was the total offering I was really disappointed.

And Mark, how 'bout posting some MORE items, you stingy git!

rick

But it was ready to be seen publicly. Its publicly available on their website or at least was.

I was sent an email with a link and I clicked it.

Other than that I hope everyone enjoyed it.

Thanks, I too missed it.

I wonder aloud why they are calling the KANE coat:

811 THE signature coat from Citizen Kane

There are other scenes in the film and in stills that are, at least to me, more memorable than the one this coat is in, and a few of them have already been sold.

Its okay Rick. The same mistake was made all around with that photo....Id just forgotten about it until you photographic mind posted that.

I can't post more pics Rick as I accidentally deleted the link and I have no idea how to get back there. I went to look it up in my junk file just now but still can't find it.
That was pretty much all the best stuff I saw but you know classic stuff has never really been my thing.

I think there was about 90-100 of the masks, and drawings along with that fly head. Some beautiful Gone with the Wind drawings....I think there was one of Rhett.

I hate being old. Mind like a sieve.

I first saw that artwork on the PIH site in their slideshow, and jumped to that conclusion until the next slide came into view - not in the thread here. Same dynamic at work;
rick

Totally understandable Rick. However we are taking about soumakis's comments in this thread who commented about the auction here. He was aware of both photos and my comments on them. He even acknowledged he knew the Expendable auction was one day,
They made some updates, catalog for Auction 65 now available for preorder and Expendables auction is only going to be one day, 10/20

Again, not a biggie, just wanted to clarify things :).

Last edited:
But it was ready to be seen publicly. Its publicly available on their website or at least was.

Other than that I hope everyone enjoyed it.

I'm curious Mark. In your original published article you said, "Ive just had the first part of the catalog delivered to me". Which suggests you had something physically delivered (not emailed, or a public link you clicked) to you. It was an "exclusive" (cool), per your headline.

When asked how it was mailed (because nobody else had received theirs yet) you then said:

Neither. I was sent the PDF.

Now you say:

Big difference between being freely sent an auction preview PDF file (which was not complete) from the auctioneer, and an email with a link to a possible back door of the PDF file online.

Why didn't you originally just say someone sent you a link to a PDF work-file of an auction catalog in process? Not that doing so excuses your posting what appears to be an auction catalog work in progress not meant for public viewing...

Thanks for the comments.

I'm afraid you are making a storm from a teacup. My only interest is writing about props and wardrobe in a positive way and not my dissecting my poor use of language and grammar.

Thanks for the comments.
not dissecting my poor use of language and grammar.

Nice try Mark :rolleyes.

Your use of language and grammar have nothing to do with this conversation. Maybe other ones, but not here.

........My only interest is writing about props and wardrobe in a positive way

Oh really?

The Prop Stop said:
This really is a HUGE uppercut to the Propstore auction

Yea that's positive towards Propstore :rolleyes. I wasn't aware that anyone was in any kind of fight as to who has better auction items. Why take anything away from Prop Store or Profiles? Auction houses hold auctions. People bid or they don't.

Im sure its not lost on anybody but not only did they move it an entire month, they scheduled it the day after the propstore event.

Another positive post. If PIH scheduled their auction before PS's auction I have a feeling you would complain too.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back