Solo: A Star Wars Story

I heard rumours they are using cgi to put another actors face onto aldens. So you will see aldens hair and body on screen but someone elses face as disney ran out of time to train alden in how to act.

Doubtful. It takes some pretty friggin' bad acting to be worth all that.

They might tweak his expressions in a few shots. But when they are still in production it's a helluva lot cheaper to just re-shoot things a few more times. And even good actors are not immune to having their expressions tweaked in post.

IMO the bad acting rumors with Alden may have some truth but they are probably overblown. It's difficult to be a top-notch actor but this isn't that kind of movie. It shouldn't be a huge deal to get him looking passable. Not with pro acting coaches, talented people all around him, lots of raw footage to edit, etc.

The "acting coach" thing was going down with the first two directors, right? But those guys were trying to make a "comedy", eh? Maybe Alden was having a difficult time with *that*; that he was trying to do Shakespeare while they wanted Animal House, but he's the one that ends up sounding like the problem.

I'm overselling that a bit, but you see my point. Pre-judge not, my friends. In Opie we trust.

I heard rumours they are using cgi to put another actors face onto aldens. So you will see aldens hair and body on screen but someone elses face as disney ran out of time to train alden in how to act.

I hope its better than tarkin cgi.

You would think they would hire actors who can act at the start of production.

I wouldnt mind clint howards face cgi'd over aldens.

Sure he doesnt look much like harrison ford, but a few prosthetics and boom, spielbergs ya uncle and george is your aunt.

They need to avatar it up a bit, take a leaf out of jim camerons book.

That would be funny if they CG'ed Anthony Ingruber's face over Alden Ehrenreich's. And had Ingruber dub all the lines, too. But Spielberg's boy Alden is fully credited as Han Solo, and Anthony goes uncredited. lol Maybe that's why Anthony's been mum on the subject?? Kinda like Lina Lamont and Kathy Selden! God, that would be hilarious! Disney reps would deny it in every interview. KK would tweet, "Alden's face/voice all the way, I guarantee!".

Or Clint Howard.

The Wook

Last edited:
Maybe they’re going to digitally dial in a bit of Harrison Ford like JGL in Looper with Bruce’s face.

That was makeup/prosthetics on JGL for the whole movie. They might have made CGI touch-ups or tweaks but it was mainly a practical job.

I don't see that going on with Alden. Harrison Ford isn't in a big chunk of this movie the way Bruce Willis was in Looper.

There's a quote out there someplace that basically stated that there will be a good amount of fanfare announcing the debut of the trailer. It's coming, just when is the big question. Since there a relatively low expectations for this, they may opt to do a Superbowl ad just because of the publicity that brings - but, man, there's a ton of noteworthy advertising during that game and it will take a lot to get some buzz from it. They'll need quite a bit to make magic happen - is there a gimmick or something that LFL has up its sleeve for Solo?

Maybe they’re going to digitally dial in a bit of Harrison Ford like JGL in Looper with Bruce’s face.

I dont see any chin scar in the official promo pictures, maybe they will follow the Kylo scar farce and start the film with a chin scar, move it to his forehead for the middle act and just remove it all together for the end. The one movie I mean, as if there would be a trilogy.:lol

- - - Updated - - -

Damn not VB. I've been into Great Northern for the last few years. When I'm not into the Jack Daniels or Jim Beam. ;)

Ben

VB`s a great BBQ beer, Great Northern is very nice but Ben, you know the King of Kings can only be Crown Lager.:cheers

With all that secrecy involved I wouldn't wonder if we are getting the trailer after the film's debut in June..! :D ;)

There`s even some rumours that there will be no film release and Solo will debut at the same time as Disneys new streaming service.

Very unlikely for obvious reasons and also why would they start their streaming service with a movie that probably belongs on a steaming service.

There`s even some rumours that there will be no film release and Solo will debut at the same time as Disneys new streaming service.

Very unlikely for obvious reasons and also why would they start their streaming service with a movie that probably belongs on a steaming service.

Yeah, that's a 100% no chance. That service isn't due to debut until 2019.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back