New Luke ESB lightsaber

Also, I'd like to add the track is VERY thin on every side. maybe 1/8" or less. It's also about half as tall as wide, and it's nearly the same width as the 1/2" T track there..

Perhaps a sendust or magnet was used for the button.
images.jpg

Struck out on the clamp box. This is twice as wide as our part, I asked for 1/2" instead of 1" which would hang off the edge of a graflex. Poop.

edit: he wished me good luck out of kindness, I told him it was hard to find this basic shape. No mention of Star Wars ;)

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    122.1 KB · Views: 164
  • image.png
    image.png
    180.1 KB · Views: 340
What do you think is the likelihood that the red button was heated with a heat gun and then pressed down on, leaving those fine edges and middle when whatever was pressing was lifted away?

Reaching here with another idea. The plastic slot for my toaster lever looks about the size. Maybe the part was from something like that.
19200212239173.jpgAn old metal version in this manner. Sharing the thought that has little likelihood to me.

Don´t just think what the part could be or looks like BUT what the prop dept most likely had easy access to back the days. I still place my bet on camera equipment, electronic components, maybe even aircraft parts etc....that´s what we know they used extensively

You know what would fit better than a piece of stupid flat t slot? The wrong kobold clip - seen here by HB 10985

im half kidding, I think the piece is bigger

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    998.3 KB · Views: 337
nevermind, im grasping at straws. kurtyboy does this picture line up with your dimensions from the side picture?
handsaber2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Closer shot of the screw area in the box out there? Please share if possible. Just thought what if it is a pivot point such as with scissors?

Closer shot of the screw area in the box out there? Please share if possible. Just thought what if it is a pivot point such as with scissors?
Here is what struck me like the button:
WP_20161222_14_29_35_Pro (3).jpg

You can click on it and zoom in on a new tab, it's pretty high resolution. and you can see a lot of detail. the box walls are definitely the same diameter on all sides, and its a pretty narrow piece.

is that one of those red tapered caps? In America I think they're called caplugs

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back